Power Back Up Computer on Power Outage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power Back Up Computer on Power Outage

What method is anyone using to power back up your computers in the event of a power outage. I had to move HS to a box computer because the laptop encountered very slow reaction times. Might be the ram.

I will bet there is a plugin somewhere that can power it back up. I hope. thanks

For Hometroller S6, its done in the BIOS settings. This thread shows the setting "Power-On after Power-Fail".
    (Wow, its been a year - probably should check that dang battery soon... )

Comment

Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post
      For Hometroller S6, its done in the BIOS settings. This thread shows the setting "Power-On after Power-Fail".
      (Wow, its been a year - probably should check that dang battery soon... )
      thanks, I will take a look at the bios and see if there is a selection for that.

Comment

OK, I found this in the bios.
        Power on by:
        RTC
        Ring
        PCIE/PCI

What does this mean and which if any would I enable?

Also does anyone remember the setting in windows 10 that bypasses the window that pops up in order to start HS? I have startup delayer. Not sure how to ask this one.

Anyone know?

Comment

Does this help?
          https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...16&postcount=1
          -Wade

Comment

Originally posted by cc4005 View Post
            That part I have going it was the part after startup delayer but before HS actually opened. I found from searching that it was called UAC. Once you set that to none windows will let HS continue opening without the popup window.
            It is the part about the APM in the bios I don't know what to do with. But thanks anyway.

Comment

It appears that UAC--User Account Control--doesn't intervene when the method described in the linked post (by Rubber_Boot) is used. I implemented it exactly as he described and no UAC change was required. UAC does still intervene when I manually start HS3, and it's probably not a bad idea to leave UAC active if you can, to help protect from potentially malicious software.
              -Wade

Comment

Anyone on the APM in the bios setting? I have 3 choices as I wrote above. I don't think the Ring is it but I do not know what the other 2 mean. PCI if I remember right is a slot in the motherboard for a pcb of some sorts. Not sure about the RTC. Anyone know??

Comment

Likely specific to the particular BIOS. Google the manual for yours.
                  RTC commonly refers to Real Time Clock.
                  PCIE/PCI are the expansion slots as you said, so that won't help.

Comment

Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post
                    Likely specific to the particular BIOS. Google the manual for yours.
                    RTC commonly refers to Real Time Clock.
                    PCIE/PCI are the expansion slots as you said, so that won't help.
                    I wondered if that was what it stood for. I will look up the MB and see what it says. But with those choices and there definitions I don't see it having the capability. Thanks

Comment

In post #3 of the thread I linked earlier, it says my setting was under "Advanced Tab->Energy Management". Maybe you have something similar.

Comment

Working...
                      X