Z-Wave Lock PIN Management in Z-Wave plugin 3.0.1.222

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Wave Lock PIN Management in Z-Wave plugin 3.0.1.222

The Z-Wave plugin version 3.0.1.222 adds a new Lock Management screen from the Plugins->Z-Wave menu. If you have any feedback on what else you would like to see on this screen, please post. This plugin is posted in the Beta section on the Plugins page.

Note that the lock management screen only displays codes you added using this version of the plugin. It will not list any previously added codes. There is no way to get those codes from the lock.

I think a log at the bottom of the screen that displays when any PIN code has been used would be nice.
    Last edited by rjh; September 10, 2018, 12:53 PM.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Sounds good, I'm currently using the S2 support beta version of the Z-Wave plugin, 3.0.2.213.

Will we see this feature combined into the S2 support beta, or is the intent to test the features separately?

Comment

I will update the S2 version tomorrow.

Originally posted by Fellhahn View Post
      Sounds good, I'm currently using the S2 support beta version of the Z-Wave plugin, 3.0.2.213.

Will we see this feature combined into the S2 support beta, or is the intent to test the features separately?

Comment

Speaking of that, what is the difference between:
        Standard Z-Wave plugin
        S2 Z-Wave plugin (hasn't S2 been standard a long time now?)
        Beta firmware

Which of the three should we be using and why?

I find the plugin system difficult to understand - when you click on the links it just takes you to forum posts discussing changes in the plugin, not what the plugin actually is and thus I don't get the point of half of them.

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
          I will update the S2 version tomorrow.
          Hey Rich,

I haven't seen the S2 update Posted yet, are you holding on this?

-Travis

Comment

I updated the S2 build to match the non-S2 version.

Originally posted by Daweeze View Post
            Hey Rich,

I haven't seen the S2 update Posted yet, are you holding on this?

-Travis

Comment

The S2 version includes support for the latest S2 encryption protocol. While S2 has been out for a awhile the code for the controller is quite complex and needs to be certified again. We want to include SmartStart also so work is still being done on it. We are posting it here for users who want to test with it. It will be a few months before anything is released. If you don't want to test, stick with the non S2 version.

There isn't any operational advantage to S2, it only adds encryption to the communication protocol.

Originally posted by Tillsy View Post
              Speaking of that, what is the difference between:
              Standard Z-Wave plugin
              S2 Z-Wave plugin (hasn't S2 been standard a long time now?)
              Beta firmware

Which of the three should we be using and why?

I find the plugin system difficult to understand - when you click on the links it just takes you to forum posts discussing changes in the plugin, not what the plugin actually is and thus I don't get the point of half of them.

Comment

The Z-Wave plugin version 3.0.1.222 adds a new Lock Management screen from the Plugins->Z-Wave menu. If you have any feedback on what else you would like to see on this screen, please post. This plugin is posted in the Beta section on the Plugins page.

I think a log at the bottom of the screen that displays when any PIN code has been used would be nice.
                Love the idea.. would like to have the ability to define what user# / order them.
                Before the lock management, I had to select User Code 1/2/3/.... enter the pin and name and apply. I had my family in an order with events triggering on their user code. When I went to PIN management it didn't pull over all the codes so I added them in the Lock Management screen which changed the order in the lock. Where I was 1 my wife became 1 and I am 3, etc.

I ended up deleting all the users and redoing and now in the lock management screen they are in order (ALMOST). User 1/2 are reversed in Lock Management but in the actual lock user 1 is me and 2 is my wife.

Would be nice to define on the lock management screen the position/code#.

Thanks,
                mike

Comment

Lock Mgmt screen doesnt work. (see screenshot) -- 6 codes in each of my locks and your screen doesn't display ANY. I used the HS3 Zwave plugin to input them - and one of the locks was removed (unpaired from the SmartStick) and readded just about a week ago.

Proper Lock support (and overall Zwave device managment) is massively lacking in HS3. Its nice that we have the Doorlock script as a bandaid but that doesnt fix everything. rjh - please take a look at Vera's device management and use it as an example of what HS3 should aspire to.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Correct, it will not go out to the lock and read your codes as the lock does not have user names, and it will NOT report your codes. So not very useful to do that. We could only tell you if a code was programmed or not, again not useful. And also, it takes a LONG time to get info on just one slot so to go through all 255 slots would take forever.

So the way it works is when you program a lock location with a code and a user we save that info so we can display it on this screen.

Originally posted by Ltek View Post

Lock Mgmt screen doesnt work. (see screenshot) -- 6 codes in each of my locks and your screen doesn't display ANY. I used the HS3 Zwave plugin to input them - and one of the locks was removed (unpaired from the SmartStick) and readded just about a week ago.

Proper Lock support (and overall Zwave device managment) is massively lacking in HS3. Its nice that we have the Doorlock script as a bandaid but that doesnt fix everything. rjh - please take a look at Vera's device management and use it as an example of what HS3 should aspire to.

Comment

I see, the idea was to not have the user deal with location numbers. So a better fix might be to change the lock trigger so it displays the user name instead of the lock code location #.

Originally posted by mjolsen View Post

Love the idea.. would like to have the ability to define what user# / order them.
                      Before the lock management, I had to select User Code 1/2/3/.... enter the pin and name and apply. I had my family in an order with events triggering on their user code. When I went to PIN management it didn't pull over all the codes so I added them in the Lock Management screen which changed the order in the lock. Where I was 1 my wife became 1 and I am 3, etc.

I ended up deleting all the users and redoing and now in the lock management screen they are in order (ALMOST). User 1/2 are reversed in Lock Management but in the actual lock user 1 is me and 2 is my wife.

Would be nice to define on the lock management screen the position/code#.

Thanks,
                      mike

Comment

I see, the idea was to not have the user deal with location numbers. So a better fix might be to change the lock trigger so it displays the user name instead of the lock code location #.

That would be awesome and solve the problem!

Comment

Correct, it will not go out to the lock and read your codes as the lock does not have user names, and it will NOT report your codes. So not very useful to do that. We could only tell you if a code was programmed or not, again not useful. And also, it takes a LONG time to get info on just one slot so to go through all 255 slots would take forever.

So the way it works is when you program a lock location with a code and a user we save that info so we can display it on this screen.
                          Even if Homeseer cant read the actual codes it should read out all the locations and list the ones that are currently used. Then cache that info as well as the codes that are input from then on. Then, going forward, we can have a proper record of the Location #, Location Label, and Code.. Thus, items that are *** were programmed prior, items with X are empty. Initial query will take longer but that only happens once - there are only 30 possible user codes for Schlage

The same method should be used for ALL Zwave Devices, all settings/parameters. HS3 should read and cache them so we can quickly/easily see them in the GUI without needing to query for each one, each time... which takes forever and FREQUENTLY times out. Again, check out Vera , they do it well.

example:

Location Label Code
                          1 ****** ******
                          2 Mom 7878
                          3 Dad 6767
                          4 ****** ******
                          5 x x
                          6 x x

Comment

Hi Rich,

Thanks for adding the lock functions. Much appreciated. I was playing with the z-wave lock functions that have been introduced over the past while. I noticed that if I add a PIN to a location where the same PIN already exists in the lock (using either the event function or a scripting call), the response will indicate that it successfully added the PIN, and it will also show on the Lock Management screen. However, when you look at the code slots in the root of the lock device, then only the first one will show. It would be great that the log or script call would return that it did not add the code since it already existed, rather than indicating incorrectly that it was added. See a log snippet of me adding locations 15 and 16 to a lock using the same PIN, the screen shot showing both entries on the Lock Management screen, and the two locations from the root of the device showing that the PIN was actually only added to Location 15, and not to Location 16. Thoughts on that?

A few additional requests:

- Can the User field be added to the Z-Wave Set A Security User Code event action? Right now codes that are set that way show up as user "EventAction" and I don't believe there is any way to edit it.
                            - While I love being able to finally add and remove user codes through scripts, I prefer to not be able to show or retrieve the Pin. Could a global setting be added to not allow the display or retrieval of the pin codes? Showing them as xxxx or xxxxxx would be fine from my standpoint.

Thanks
                            Al

Code:
                             [TABLE="cellspacing: 0"]
                            [TR]
                            [TD="align: left"][COLOR=#000000]Nov-11 5:54:45 PM[/COLOR][/TD]
                             			[TD="align: left"] [/TD]
                             			[TD="colspan: 3, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]Z-Wave[/COLOR][/TD]
                             			[TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]A new user code was set at location 16 on device Laundry Room Door Sensors Garage House Door Lock Root.[/COLOR][/TD]
                             		[/TR]
                            [/TABLE]
                            [TABLE="cellspacing: 0"]
                            [TR]
                            [TD="align: left"][COLOR=#000000]Nov-11 5:54:35 PM[/COLOR][/TD]
                             			[TD="align: left"] [/TD]
                             			[TD="colspan: 3, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]Z-Wave[/COLOR][/TD]
                             			[TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]A new user code was set at location 15 on device Laundry Room Door Sensors Garage House Door Lock Root.[/COLOR][/TD]
                             		[/TR]
                            [/TABLE]
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	Untitled.png Views:	1 Size:	14.5 KB ID:	1258823
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	code15.png Views:	1 Size:	8.0 KB ID:	1258824

Click image for larger version  Name:	code16.png Views:	1 Size:	7.0 KB ID:	1258825
                            HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                            Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Hi rjh , any thoughts on my previous post?

Thanks
                              Al
                              HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                              Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Working...
                              X