Scenes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scenes

I not sure if this is where I should put this, But I would like to know how to create scenes with homeseer. right now all my devices are controlled by z-wave with a homeseer-sel. When I go to create scenes not really any way to figure out how to setup. Thanks.

What exactly are you trying to do? How would the scenes be initiated? Do you have a physical device, or plan on triggering the scenes via your phone, or ?

Comment

Scenes

Sorry I have been away. I am looking to trigger a scene using a ipad ,or voice command. Let's say I want to speak movie time in my bar, I want the lights to drop ,the shades to come down,my surround sound and my tv to come on, or I want to hit a icon with my ipad. I watched this with control 4 in a best buy, I am pretty sure we can do this with homeseer. I have devices and events that run normally, when I go to the scene area in homeseer I do not understand how to set up. I need a way to figure it out with a manual or steps to creating the scenes.

Thanks

Comment

Check out this video and jump to the Events part of the video.
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUzNulK_zz4
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

The short tutorial is --

Go to the scenes screen in HS3. Create a new scene. Add devices to the scene, along with the levels you want them to be at.

Probably a good idea to create two scenes -- one that does the thing you want to do ("prepare living room for watching a movie") and the other that undoes that ("finished watching a movie").

Then, you can trigger the scenes in events.

Comment

Also, one more thing you can do. Prior to triggering the scene, you can save the states of all the devices in the scene to their current values, using the EasyTrigger plug-in:

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...81#post1198181

Then, when you are finished watching the movie (say), you can trigger an event to put the devices that were affected in their prior states.

Comment

Where do I go in the HS3 software to work with Scenes? I cannot find it. thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by CinBRandon View Post
                Where do I go in the HS3 software to work with Scenes? I cannot find it. thanks.
                On the (UI) devices drop down if you are using z-wave click on it and you will see it there.

Otherwise there is also this plugin:http://www.mikemackonline.com/homese...ster_info.html

Eman.
                TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Working...
                X