Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Viewing codes programmed into a lock?

Vera security is not so great.

You can access the info (which will be XXXX out for already set codes) buy clicking the lock root device, then z-wave tab, settings, then select the user your gonig to work with.

There is also a free plugin "BLLOCK" that has some options that you might like. But it too will not pull and display the codes from existing. But new ones should be ok. Test it out.

Comment

Comment

Many things dont show passwords. It's a security issue to have a list of passwords.

As far as which code in which slot..... That doesnt make any difference for me. BLLOCK seems to the be the record keeping tool you want. You can keep a list of names and base your logic/notifcations from that. It also logs by name every person opening the lock.

Comment

Seems to be a Vera bug too.

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=37697.0

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by AndyRPH View Post
              So i have an event looking for user ID 2 then send pushover text “Jason’s code used”. How would I use BLLock to translate user ID to real name? Or can the even pushover the user ID or name without making a separate event for every user ID on every lock? 10 PINs across four deadbolts is a lot.
              When I add a new code I make a separate event. Now I don't have 10 people using my locks. Even with wife kids, myself, my parents (which I don't give a separate user for each) I think I have 5 or 6.

I took me a few min to add the pin to each lock then copy and edit an event to notify me.

I use BLLOCK for logging and user info. I don't have BLLOCK used in an event and I'm not sure it will even show up in events.

Are these new users that you added from homeseer UI or are these codes that were entered into vera before homeseer?

EDIT:
              Reason I ask about when the codes were entered, is I thought that any codes entered via zwave (link on VERA) would have not continued to work after inclusion to a new network. But I know some lock have a manual pin entry that is seperate from z-wave and maybe this is what you did. I also thought that if the codes were entered manually into the lock that the lock itself would never send out the pin codes in a list that were entered no matter which controller you used. Its been awhile but I thought that was how it worked in VERA also. I could see codes I added via vera but not the master or manual codes I entered directly to the lock.

Although I could be wrong or it could just be my kwikset lock and not others.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                X