This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by heatvent View Post
    Not sure if a feature request or a bug fix but the 2456D3 lamplinc shows up as an outlet device (has always been like this). Not sure if this is correct or means much.
    it's just cosmetic, but what would you rather it say
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I/OLinc

I am using Insteon #2450 I/OLinc Rev 1.2 and they show up as "Insteon Unknown Device Type 0700 Unknown" Will these eventually be included in a plug-in?

Bob

Comment

A way to communicate with the Venstar T1800 Thermostats with the Insteon adapter. I would love to have a plugin like DOOSTAT control my thermostat through Homeseer. Is that in the future Mark?

Thanks,
        Steve

Comment

Originally posted by ChairMaker View Post
          I am using Insteon #2450 I/OLinc Rev 1.2 and they show up as "Insteon Unknown Device Type 0700 Unknown" Will these eventually be included in a plug-in?

Bob
          Originally posted by skozin View Post
          A way to communicate with the Venstar T1800 Thermostats with the Insteon adapter. I would love to have a plugin like DOOSTAT control my thermostat through Homeseer. Is that in the future Mark?

Thanks,
          Steve
          guys,

One problem is i don't have access to these types of devices. And secondly based on what i see in the tech docs, they have a lot of internal features relative to switches, triggerlincs and motion sensors; hense a lot of additional code.

Maybe there is a way we can improve the external script interface (mini-plugin) that people have written to support them.
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Anything will do. Thanks for letting me know. One other question. Are you able to look at how the 2412S PLM can communicate any better for X10. What I mean is that some people say that the X10 interface is a little weak. Mine can transmit from Homeseer fine, but 2 way communication is a no go with this device. The only way I have 2 way communication is with the CM11a, but I noticed lately that the 2 way sort of freezes up the CM11a and the only way to fix this is by restarting Homeseer. I don't know if it is by communicating to the Insteon and X10 switches at the same time and it is overloading the powerline.

Any suggestions?

Comment

My wish list would be support for more devices (motion, thermostats, I/O). But, instead of having to continue to update the plugin, maybe a way for users to manually change and add to a definition file? Save some development hours.

Comment

Originally posted by leerogers View Post
                My wish list would be support for more devices (motion, thermostats, I/O). But, instead of having to continue to update the plugin, maybe a way for users to manually change and add to a definition file? Save some development hours.
                I have considered a def file but there is no way to account for every option new devices might have. But I will add it to the list.

I'm working on triggerlinc and motion sensors now
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Support for the I/O 2450 and the Venstar thermostats would be a great addition.

Comment

Support for the I/O 2450 and the Venstar thermostats would be a great addition.
                    Lee,
                    I have a contact at smarthome trying to get me an iolinc so i can add this in the near future.

The venstar thermostat could probably use its very own plugin like most of the other thermostats HS supports; i did a little work modifiying the plugin for the HAI RC80; not a trival task building a plugin for a tstat.
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

One thing I find that many apps lack is what I consider 'true' scene management.

As a point of reference, below are some scene mgmt features I'd like to see handled. I do much of this using virtual devices/conditions/scripting today... it sucks to maintain and even try to follow. I'd like to see a wizard or full blown manager for these...

1) If/Then style conditionals, multiple scene outcomes based on conditions like time, day, device status, etc

2) Scene Priority (fine tuning Groups), creates hierarchy which gives control priority over event/device. So even if a groups overlap devices... group priority will determine which scene controls the device.

3) Status Tracking of all scenes, and all devices/events within the scenes - allows for 'last scene' feature (aka Undo) and ease of house status display in UIs.

4) Home Modes - overrides all or specific devices and events. Away, Security Lockdown, Vacation, Winter, Summer, etc

Here's an Example of scene tracking and priority...

Scenes:

A - Light 1,2,3,4
                      B - Light 2,3,4,5,6
                      C - Light 1,2,3,4 ... different dim levels then A
                      D - Light 4,5,6 ... different dim levels then B

Situations:

Trigger B
                      - if you want to go back to the previous lighting, can you do this with one button? Does it know what the dim levels and which lights were on/off?
                      - does it know only to change the ones your scene changed?
                      - does it have the intelligence to change back using a conditional... e.g. it went from daytime to night time and you have a different preference for night lighting?

After you trigger B, trigger A
                      - Does it leave on Light 1?
                      - If not, how does it know to turn them off?
                      - Do you have the option to turn off or leave on 1 due to a conditional?

What if you want to go back to the previous lighting, Scene B?
                      - can you do this with one button and it knows what the dim levels and which lights were on/off?

Trigger C
                      - Does it leave on Lights 5 & 6?
                      - If not, how does it know to turn them off?
                      - Do you have the option to turn off or leave on due to a conditional?

Scene Manager should handle all of these situations easily by using scene groups (scenes that "go together", scene priorities, and conditionals - using a simple interface created for Scene Mgmt. It should walk you through building complex scenes and how they affect or group with other scenes so the system will always know what you want to do based on a single trigger (the Scene name).

Example:

Scenes (same as above):

A - Light 1,2,3,4 (default, priority=1)
                      B - Light 2,3,4,5,6 (default, priority=2)
                      C - Light 1,2,3,4 (guests, priority=1)
                      D - Light 4,5,6 (guests, priority=1)

Scene Group Preference Order:
                      1) default
                      2) guests

Situations:

Trigger B and you want to go back... the plugin remembers your lighting and since A & B are a group, it knows to deal with both A & B lighting when it does an "undo".

After you trigger B, trigger A
                      - Does it leave on Light 1?
                      ... Yes, it sees that A has a higher priority so it leaves it on. If B had a higher priority it would turn Light 1 off.

Comment

Support for

Mark, I just installed a SwitchLinc - INSTEON 220V On/Off Switch for my pool pump:
                        http://www.smarthome.com/2494S220/Sw...closure/p.aspx

Would love to have this added to the plug-in. Below is the entry from the INI file.

[Device 35]
                        DeviceID=12.DA.61
                        DeviceName=Pool Pump
                        DeviceLocation=Outside
                        PollingInterval=1
                        DeviceType=0219
                        FirmwareVer=38
                        DatabaseDelta=2
                        LinksDownloaded=1
                        Protocol=2
                        EEValues=
                        LastContact=4/6/2010 6:41:24 PM
                        NumLinks=2
                        RecentDatabaseDelta=2
                        Link 1=E2 01 0F 44 09 FF 1F 01 1
                        Link 2=A2 FE 0F 44 09 FF 1F 01 2

Comment

Mark, I just installed a SwitchLinc - INSTEON 220V On/Off Switch for my pool pump:
                          http://www.smarthome.com/2494S220/Sw...closure/p.aspx

Would love to have this added to the plug-in. Below is the entry from the INI file.

[Device 35]
                          DeviceID=12.DA.61
                          DeviceName=Pool Pump
                          DeviceLocation=Outside
                          PollingInterval=1
                          DeviceType=0219
                          FirmwareVer=38
                          DatabaseDelta=2
                          LinksDownloaded=1
                          Protocol=2
                          EEValues=
                          LastContact=4/6/2010 6:41:24 PM
                          NumLinks=2
                          RecentDatabaseDelta=2
                          Link 1=E2 01 0F 44 09 FF 1F 01 1
                          Link 2=A2 FE 0F 44 09 FF 1F 01 2
                          Lee, I'll add it and send you a test build to try.

I just can't keep up with SH. they released the exact same device under the devicetype 0218 which i had in the plugin. And now they release it again as a devicetype 0219.
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Thanks Mark. Too bad an external reference file or something isn't feesible. Get you out of these commodity changes.

Comment

Thanks Mark. Too bad an external reference file or something isn't feesible. Get you out of these commodity changes.
                              Lee i have consider the idea, but opted against it because it would require the user to provide characteristics/properties about the device that the plugin needs. The wrong answers would make everything go haywire which would ultimately lead to more problems for me.

i don't mind sending out interium builds for this, but i do realize its a bit of inconvenience for you the user.
                              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

i just tried sending the build to Lee@ and junker@ but both were rejected. i was sending a zip file.

need help
                                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                                X