This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Way2Call Desktop and New Windows 7 Machine

Hi, I just built a new windows machine and I'm installed HSPRO and moved all my config files. I also installed the Windows 7 32 bit drivers for the Way2Phone USB/Desktop (I installed the most recent non-beta multi-driver package which says compatible with Win7 32bit).

Anyway, everything in my new Homeseer works except the connection to the Way2Call. I get the following errors. Has anybody seen this before? Is there a simple fix?

Also, I updated the firmware on the way to call, and the updater said "Run on XP only" which I assumed meant that the firmware installer needed to be run on XP, but I'm now wondering if the firmware itself should only be used with XP machines? That wouldn't make sense that the newest version only works with XP, so I figured it's just a note about the installer.

2/22/2010 12:10:34 AM ~!~HSPhone~!~HomeSeer Phone Web Interface initializing.
    2/22/2010 12:10:34 AM ~!~HSPhone~!~Adding phone line 1, Name: Default, Modem: Way2Call Hi-Phone Desktop
    2/22/2010 12:10:34 AM ~!~HSPhone~!~HomeSeer Phone Web Interface initializing.
    2/22/2010 12:10:35 AM ~!~Phone Line 1~!~Initializing Hi-Phone device...
    2/22/2010 12:10:35 AM ~!~HSPhone~!~Resetting line: Default
    2/22/2010 12:10:35 AM ~!~Error~!~Initializing audio play/record support: Unable to cast COM object of type 'hsrecord2.hsrecordplayClass' to interface type 'hsrecord2._hsrecordplay'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{C9B8687D-F497-4520-98A0-ED20C8634473}' failed due to the following error: Error loading type library/DLL. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80029C4A (TYPE_E_CANTLOADLIBRARY)).
    2/22/2010 12:10:35 AM ~!~HSPhone~!~Error initializing Hi-Phone driver, possible corrupt or missing drivers, or Hi-Phone is not plugged in or powered on.
    ALSO: I confirmed my firmware and drivers versions with way2call support today and they are current.

Tim
    Last edited by timlacey; February 22, 2010, 06:41 PM.

Try the dll in this message
    http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...5&postcount=69
    Mike

Comment

While I didn't uninstall my drivers, since I have perfectly functional 32 bit drivers and the self-test passes completely, the DLL didn't help.

Wouldn't I have to register the DLL first or something like that?

I suppose I could uninstall the drivers and try again, but I think I'll wait for word from way2call support first.

I was hoping someone here would have seen the same error message and found a fix for it.

Thanks,

Tim

ADDITION: I did finally shut down homeseer, uninstall the drivers, remove any instances of w2cusb.dll from the computer, put the new w2cusb.dll in the homeseer directory, restart the computer, and try again. Same problem. I am going to restore my HDD image from before the HSPRO install and try again. . .

ADDITION #2: This problem is solved. But let me explain the situation in case it sheds light on the cause of the problem, which HSTech really should determine since the problem has occurred for multiple people and the only solution appears to be a new install of HS.

On the first failed install, I had installed to the "Homeseer HSPRO" directory and a number of hard coded path names didn't work properly when I applied my original configuration from my other machine.
      I uninstalled from the HSPRO directory and reinstalled to the "Homeseer 2" directory. It was this second install of HS that failed to work with the Way2Call and which provided errors as I list in the start of this thread.
      I tried uninstalling the drivers and using the dll from way2call in the homeseer directory. That didn't help.

But what did help was:
      1. restoring my hard drive to a fresh install of windows 7 32bit (I keep these images luckily using Acronis)
      2. reinstalling all my device drivers (for the two USB com ports and 1 Way2Call USB port)
      3. configuring hardware devices to be on same port numbers as on previous machine
      4. installing Homeseer Pro, then installing plug-ins and scripts, then installing the updater to 2.4.0.11
      5. activating HSPhone in the sample MDB file to make sure it worked. This did a bunch of one time things.
      NOTE: I hadn't done this in my previous build, and things like "record hsrecord2.dll" may have been done differently
      6. Replacing my CONFIG, IVR, and SCRIPTS folder from my old installation
      7. Running HSPRO successfully, Way2Call and all, with my configuration from my previous XP machine.

Problem solved. (but never understood or explained)
      Last edited by timlacey; February 23, 2010, 02:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X