This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What WiFi thermostat(s) do you use?

Curious what WiFi thermostats people are using. I am also interested in hearing if you are looking to move to a different thermostat from what you currently use. Please reply to this thread with more info. This will help me determine what features and thermostats to add to BeakerStat in future releases.
    Filtrete 3M-50 (aka CT-50)
    23.68%
    Radio Thermostat CT-30
    9.21%
    Radio Thermostat CT-80
    3.95%
    Nest WiFi thermostat
    23.68%
    Other manufacturer
    30.26%
    Do not want / happy with other technology
    9.21%
    HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
    Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
    Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
    Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Ct-80

Just started down the WiFi thermostat road with the CT-80. I selected it because it has humidity control built-in and provision for outdoor temperature sensor (if Radio Thermostat enables this option) and I am looking forward to your expansion of the capabilities of this plugin and the features of my new CT-80.
    Steve

(System configuration is in my profile)

Comment

Use a couple 3M-50 stats.
      Waiting for Celsius support in your plugin.

Comment

Originally posted by spknapp View Post
        Just started down the WiFi thermostat road with the CT-80. I selected it because it has humidity control built-in and provision for outdoor temperature sensor (if Radio Thermostat enables this option) and I am looking forward to your expansion of the capabilities of this plugin and the features of my new CT-80.
        CT-80 humidity will be supported in my next release, at the very least with a scriptable function to get current humidity. Debating whether or not to add a dedicated humidity device to HomeSeer. Probably will.
        Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
        Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
        Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

Originally posted by 8r1an View Post
          Use a couple 3M-50 stats.
          Waiting for Celsius support in your plugin.
          I'm working on Celsius support, but it's surprisingly difficult. The thermostats do not natively support it through the API, so everything has to be converted to Fahrenheit (seems pretty dumb to me). Not sure if support for this will be in 1.3 or if it will have to wait for 1.4. 1.3 should be available in the next week or two. I'll post a change log when it's available.

Comment

Originally posted by reidfo View Post
            Debating whether or not to add a dedicated humidity device to HomeSeer. Probably will.
            Please do add this.

Thanks
            Steve

Comment

I've been thinking about the nest and it would be nice if controllable through hs but honestly I haven't had any problems with my Trane.
              HS4Pro Win10 | Fire Tablet touchscreen client, Android Phones and Tablets | Jon00 | Smartthings | Philips Hue | Trane | Caseta | Nanoleaf | Ring | August | Evolve | Aladdin | Amazon Alexa/IFTT

Comment

I'm using the Filtrete thermostats from Home Depot (3M-50) with Homeseer and your plugin. They work well, not thinking of changing.

Would be nice to have the ability through a script in HS to change the display on a thermostat from detailed to simple (or whatever the proper terms are). Not a critical need, obviously.

I haven't looked at the plugin in some time - how does Homeseer handle the situation when the thermostat is not responding? Is there a need for a script in HS to detect that the thermostat has not been in communications for x period of time?

Hope these ideas are helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by jwshome2 View Post
                  I'm using the Filtrete thermostats from Home Depot (3M-50) with Homeseer and your plugin. They work well, not thinking of changing.

Would be nice to have the ability through a script in HS to change the display on a thermostat from detailed to simple (or whatever the proper terms are). Not a critical need, obviously.

I haven't looked at the plugin in some time - how does Homeseer handle the situation when the thermostat is not responding? Is there a need for a script in HS to detect that the thermostat has not been in communications for x period of time?

Hope these ideas are helpful.
                  RadioThermostat just added an API command to switch to and from simple display mode. Actually they've added a bunch of new features including night light mode, but most of them seem only to apply to later revisions of the CT-80. They seem to be neglecting all the 3M-50 owners. I'll check and see if the simple mode command works on the 3M-50. In any case it's easy to add to the plugin, so I'll get it in there.

As for handling communication loss, the plugin will log an error in the HomeSeer log when it can't communicate with a thermostat. I think though it would be good to have one of the devices show communication status though. I'll look into it for the next version. Not sure yet how I'll implement it since I don't want to keep adding more devices if I don't have to.

Comment

I just spotted your comment here

RadioThermostat just added an API command to switch to and from simple display mode. Actually they've added a bunch of new features including night light mode, but most of them seem only to apply to later revisions of the CT-80. They seem to be neglecting all the 3M-50 owners. I'll check and see if the simple mode command works on the 3M-50. In any case it's easy to add to the plugin, so I'll get it in there.
                    As a CT-80 user I would *GREATLY* appreciate any and all features you can enable for me. If you want to, feel free to email me for any conversation.

Thanks

P.S. I just started looking at the new API programmer's guide and see that the "Save Energy" mode is accessible as is the "Remote Temperature".
                    Last edited by spknapp; July 20, 2012, 10:39 PM.
                    Steve

Comment

would love support for Honeywell Redlink series.
                      Sincerely,
                      Ed

Comment

I'd like the Celcius support. Further I have an issue with the time sync, the time is set correct, only AM and PM are switched!
                        I am located in the Netherlands....

Comment

I'm working on Celsius support, but it's surprisingly difficult. The thermostats do not natively support it through the API, so everything has to be converted to Fahrenheit (seems pretty dumb to me). Not sure if support for this will be in 1.3 or if it will have to wait for 1.4. 1.3 should be available in the next week or two. I'll post a change log when it's available.
                          Last edited by joop.kunst; August 27, 2012, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by joop.kunst@gmail.com View Post
                            I'd like the Celcius support. Further I have an issue with the time sync, the time is set correct, only AM and PM are switched!
                            I am located in the Netherlands....
                            Email sent requesting debug log file so I can look into this.

Comment

Which one is good with Homeseer?

I see that a lot of people are using the Filtrete thermostats from Home Depot (3M-50). But I do not believe there is any way to connect to homeseer is there? So what woud be the one that people would suggest to you with homeseer? Thank you in advance for any information. I am wanting to replace my thermostat in my home, but I do want to have one that I can hook upto homeseer.
                              danielbo

Comment

Working...
                              X