Feature Requests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature Requests

If you have any suggestions for improving my plugin please put in a request in thread or otherwise let me know and I will look into it.

Thanks for you interest in my plugin.

Comment

Unfortunately that is required for legal use of the free weather data.
      Also, the images are produced by yr.no and delivered through their API

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Yes, this is fully possible. I will add this in the next version.
          Let me see if I'm able to squeeze in some time this week to sort this out.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby View Post
            Yes, this is fully possible. I will add this in the next version.
            Let me see if I'm able to squeeze in some time this week to sort this out.

try this file and see how it works. http://srv.rusnes.no/HS/YR_WEATHER_1_0_1_15.zip

Unfortunately you need to delete all current YR-devices before testing as I needed to restructure them to add more...

Comment

Hi Toby, thanks for the fast response. I must have missed something on manual installation, because I can't get it to update. I'm putting the zip file in the folder /updates3/Zips, and then a pending.txt file in the folder /updates3. Now, as it many years since I've done this, I've probably got something wrong in that pending.txt file. Could you help me out here, please?

Thank You.

Comment

Originally posted by kbogstad View Post
                Hi Toby, thanks for the fast response. I must have missed something on manual installation, because I can't get it to update. I'm putting the zip file in the folder /updates3/Zips, and then a pending.txt file in the folder /updates3. Now, as it many years since I've done this, I've probably got something wrong in that pending.txt file. Could you help me out here, please?

Thank You.

just unzip the exe file and replace the current on in you HS3 folder.

Comment

Aaah... Thanks! The plugin started perfect, and the new text forecasts works just as expected. Really nice work, Toby. On a side note, I saw some other new "Hour Devices": Rain High, Rain Low and TextSummary. Those three devices had no checkboxes laid out, but I assume this is intentional, and to be implemented later on.

Comment

Originally posted by kbogstad View Post
                    Aaah... Thanks! The plugin started perfect, and the new text forecasts works just as expected. Really nice work, Toby. On a side note, I saw some other new "Hour Devices": Rain High, Rain Low and TextSummary. Those three devices had no checkboxes laid out, but I assume this is intentional, and to be implemented later on.
                    glad to hear
                    There will be checkboxes in the next release.

Comment

Devices for current day forecast?

Hi again, would it be possible to add devices for the current day: 0-N, 0-M, 0-D and 0-E?

Thanks!

Comment

I will try to include this in the next release. Right now I'm redoing the device creation handling part to improve this a bit.

Once done I will look at the 0-n, 0-m,0-d and 0-e part. But I need to see how to do this as the information for current 00-06 is not present in the source later this day.

How do you see this best handled? should the 0 devices contain data for the current day even when some time stamps have past?

Comment

Ok, here You go..: I primarily use the plugin for weather forecast presentation on HSTouch screens. Because of limited screen area (tablets), I have decided to show four 6-hour time frame forecasts, instead of hour-by-hour forecasts. Consequently, I aim for a presentation similar of that on Status page for your plugin, as well as the yr.no site. The current Day Devices are tied up to fixed intervals. What I would love, are dynamic Day Devices that holds up-to-date forcasts, similar to the Hour Devices. I know this means a fundamental change for the Day Devices, so think of it as a wish.. :-)
                          For the issue of past hours within the first time frame, the ideal solution for my needs would be to do it like it is on yr.no; update the PeriodFromHour/ToHour to reflect the actual time left of the time frame eg. 14:00-18:00 instead of 12:00-18:00.
                          Moreover, it would be very nice to have devices containing day names in addition to (or instead of) the complete date, and leave out the minutes part of the PeriodFromHour/ToHour Devices eg. 12 instead of 12:00. These two suggestions would make it a breeze to show eg. "Friday, 12-18:" without further script based string processing in Homeseer.

Comment

the date and time stamps are fetched directly from yr.no so e.g right now the first interval on the status page show 20.00 - 00.00 and not 18-00
                            this part is already there.

in order to be able to do what you want i need to remove the day interval from the device name and just list them up and add a separate device with the interval.
                            this would mean that one would not have a dedicated device showing the weather tomorrow at intervall 2 (usually 12-18)...

I have to look into this... once i fully migrate to HS3 i also want to have a view much like yr.no in HSTouch so i think i need to solve this some how... maybe i will add this as a optional method for day devices...

day name and hour without min is easy to add.

Comment

Hi, sorry for the delay. You've got my input spot on. I'm looking forward to see updates :-)

Comment

Working...
                              X