Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I add devices incrementally to GH - Solution!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I add devices incrementally to GH - Solution!

Can I add devices incrementally to GH ?
    I have huge problems linking my HS3 to GH.
    It works with small number of devices and fails when I voice-enable more devices. Threshold varies. Sometimes it will fail at 20-30 devices only and sometimes it will link up to 150 devices (which is my all time record).
    I'm talking devices that were linked before. Complained to HS many times. Have an open ticket to HS support.
    Devices that were linked before are refused in a sub sequential attempt to link.
    So the question is can I keep the devices that are already linked to GH and link more devices to GH as I need them.

It's worked for me.

After enabling the voice control tick on the new devices, I simply ask google to 'Sync My Devices' and it adds the incremental ones to the original devices that are already linked.

I've probably added about 15 devices in groups of about 2/3 each time to GH over the past two months this way.

Also used this method to update existing devices in GH after changing their voice-control name in HS.

Comment

Thanks for sharing.
      This is good to know. However it doesn't work for me.
      I'm getting a voice response "An error occurred while syncing HomeSeer" by GH while trying to add only 2 devices that were actually linked to GH before.

Comment

Anything in the HS3 log that could help?

Comment

Nope. Nothing in the log.

Comment

There is usually very little details, but you could look into your activity

Comment

Thanks. I didn't know about it. Not of much help though.

Comment

Originally posted by Tygerr View Post
                It's worked for me.

After enabling the voice control tick on the new devices, I simply ask google to 'Sync My Devices' and it adds the incremental ones to the original devices that are already linked.

I've probably added about 15 devices in groups of about 2/3 each time to GH over the past two months this way.

Also used this method to update existing devices in GH after changing their voice-control name in HS.
                Many thanks to Tygerr for the precious advice.

Major breakthrough !!!
                I managed to sync most of my devices of interest to Google Home using a simple technique. Break them in small groups of 10-20 devices and use the GH voice command

"OK Google. Sync my devices"

Once again thanks to Tygerr. Without his advice I would be doomed to a failure as the way I was doing in GH app (the only way in GH app) was to "unlink all" and try to link them all again at once. Obviously the small batch approach wouldn't work as incremental addition is not possible with this method.

Comment

I'm glad it worked out.

Good to know - I'll make sure I keep my updates down to smaller batches.

I think the problem is mostly on the Google side. Even when I'm doing updates in the GH app itself (like moving a lot of devices from one room to another) it times out a lot and fails.

So I think if you send a really large batch of new devices to sync it hits some sort of bottleneck on the Google servers.

Comment

Working...
                  X