Why is there a limit of 9 boards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is there a limit of 9 boards?

I was wondering why there is a limit of 9 arduino's and if there is a way to expand this?
    I need to control about 12 Arduino's for a project I'd like to build.

Thanks!

As of version V1.0.0.132 the max boards was changed to 30. The Beta version can be found in the Beta section of the updater.

The change log can be found here.

Greig.
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

I don't know much about Arduino, as you have a few in deployment, you appear to be someone to ask. I assume you're using these as sensors. How do the boards communicate to HS? Wifi? Can Arduino's be configured to 1) run on battery, 2) receive comms from HS, 3) Relay which turns 3.5v led strip off? I've been eyeballing the Z-Uno, but haven't plunged yet.

Comment

I am looking at installing a new Arduino for weather monitoring and just noticed that there is an option for an Ethernet Shield V2 but not specifically a Wireless Eth shield. Do I just use the Eth shield option or is there a trick for wireless?

Cheers
        Scott

Comment

@Greig

Thanks for the fast response!
          Great to hear, purchased the plugin.

@Tome10

Only the basics. Have recently been busy upgrading to Homeseer from a different platform(s) so I don't think I can be of great help. I think the nodeMCU boards in combination with this plug-in can do what you need.
          There is a lot of knowledge on these forums from what I've seen.

Arduino's will be used to read light/temperature, control 2 servo's and some LED's. I don't have them running yet on Homeseer however.
          I'm installing everything wired with POE over a separate VLAN for the Arduino's. In this way I think I can create the most reliable setup with the least amount of hassle.

Regards,
          Hein

Comment

Originally posted by ScottRennie View Post
            I am looking at installing a new Arduino for weather monitoring and just noticed that there is an option for an Ethernet Shield V2 but not specifically a Wireless Eth shield. Do I just use the Eth shield option or is there a trick for wireless?

Cheers
            Scott
            Despite best efforts, as far as I know, no one has gotten WiFi to work reliably on Arduinos. I was able to use a router in bridge mode to run an Arduino in an outbuilding, but I have since run Ethernet to it.

Another option is the NodeMCU support. These have built in WiFi and seem to be very reliable. They are limited to a total of 10 digital inputs or outputs and support a 4X20 LCD. Greig said he is close to supporting OneWire on the NodeMCU. There is no analog support.
            HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
              Despite best efforts, as far as I know, no one has gotten WiFi to work reliably on Arduinos. I was able to use a router in bridge mode to run an Arduino in an outbuilding, but I have since run Ethernet to it.

Another option is the NodeMCU support. These have built in WiFi and seem to be very reliable. They are limited to a total of 10 digital inputs or outputs and support a 4X20 LCD. Greig said he is close to supporting OneWire on the NodeMCU. There is no analog support.
              Cheers Randy
              That's kind of what I thought. I'm running NodeMCU and they work great but I want an analogue input for a rain sensor.

I'll run some Cat5 to an IP/Power wireless box (Devolo) and connect that way.

Scott

Comment

You can use analogue input on the NodeMCU but you would have to build it in the API mode.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
                Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
                X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
                Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
                Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
                Scripts =
                Various

Comment

I am using the NODEMCU units with the Arduino plugin and they work great. I use one to monitor temperature at remote locations. One is on my gas water heater, it uses the Arduino API and monitors temp from 4 locations.

See this post for more info, https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=192561

The post contains screenshots and the API code for 4 temp sensors, it should be fairly easy to modify for more or less.

I use UniFi equipment and have 2 UniFi APs. So far I have not experienced any connection issues with the NodeMCU units. In fact the UniFi dashboard indicates that the NodeMCU units have been connected for 61 days, which is the last time I rebooted the APs for a firmware update.
                  Billy

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
                    You can use analogue input on the NodeMCU but you would have to build it in the API mode.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
                    I'll try that - cheers Greg

Comment

Working...
                    X