Web address

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Web address

Is there a way in which I can control Hseer devices through the web address eg of the form

http://10.0.0.6:8080/ xxxxxxxxxxx

(where 10.0.0.6 is the local address of HSeer)

Really vlaue your help.

-rty

sure, but you will probably need to write your own asp web pages to do this. you can pass in parameters, etc throught the url eg.

http://10.0.0.6:8080/lights.asp?device=a1&cmd=on
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by RusteB
      Is there a way in which I can control Hseer devices through the web address eg of the form

http://10.0.0.6:8080/ xxxxxxxxxxx

(where 10.0.0.6 is the local address of HSeer)

Really vlaue your help.

-rty
      I hate to ask this question in fear that it may offend you but you do know that you can access all of HomeSeer via it's built in web interface?
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

one-liner

Yep - no offence. I just want a one-liner that I can write into a REalBasic program that will turn a device on. It's for a Squeezebox which is controlled in this way (via html) and I just want to switch the mains on and off to the amplifier.

I've no idea what to include in the .asp to do this as suggested by mnsnadler above though! Any help?

Thanks guys.

-rty

Comment

Try this and see if it gets you close:

PHP Code:
          <%@ Language=VBScript %>
          <
          HTML>
          <
          HEAD>
          </
          HEAD>
          <
          BODY>
          <%

WhatToDo Request.QueryString("sValue")

Response.Write ("Value:" WhatToDo
              if 
          WhatToDo "On" then

'  change this A1 to your devices house and unit code ..
                  hs.ExecX10 "A1","on",0,0
              elseif WhatToDo = "Off" then
                  '  
          change this A1 to your devices house and unit code ..

hs.ExecX10 "A1","off",0,0
              end 
          if
          %>    

</
          BODY>
          </
          HTML
          Use this syntax to run the page.
          http://machineipaddress:82/beginner.asp?sValue=Off
          http://machineipaddress:82/beginner.asp?sValue=On

Make sure to name the page beginner.asp

Comment

Wow!

Wow -that's impressive. I'll give it a try this evening. Many thanks. I'll let you know how it does.

-rty

Comment

P/words

Thanks Rupp - it's working great, except how do I pass the Username and Password. It says in the help menu that

10.0.0.6/cli.asp?sValue=On

would become

Username:Password@10.0.0.6/cli.asp?sValue=On

this doesn't work though. Any idea why?

-rty

Comment

The ability to pass the HomeSeer user name and password was removed from IE about a year or so back. There's a hack to add it back but I couldn't locate a thread here describing how to do this. Hopefully someone else will see this and respond.

Comment

Ah, that explains it then. Thanks.

-rty

Comment

Anyone know a way of passing the username and password in the html?

Anyone know a way of passing the username and password in the html?

Please.

-rty

Comment

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
                      [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_HTTP_USERNAME_PASSWORD_ DISABLE]
                      "iexplore.exe"=dword:00000000
                      "explorer.exe"=dword:00000000

...JG
                      3.0.0.548: HS3PRO - 3.0.5.10: AIAlert - 2.1.1.0: APIWeather - 2.0.64.0: BLBackup - 2.0.45.0: BLLAN - 2.0.37.0: BLRoombaWifi - 1.0.0.3: DevLog - 1.2.5.15: KeyPad - 3.0.2.25: NetCAM - 0.0.0.52: Pushover 3P - 3.0.0.5: SendVFD - 1.0.0.3: Tiles - 3.0.11.0: Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus
                        Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
                        [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_HTTP_USERNAME_PASSWORD_ DISABLE]
                        "iexplore.exe"=dword:00000000
                        "explorer.exe"=dword:00000000

...JG
                        Thanks Jebus - do I change this on the machine acting as server and will it still prompt for a password if accessed remotely over the internet?

Thanks.
                        -rty

Comment

Nope, It is a IE client side reg change. The server just accepts the URL.
                          As long as you put the USER:PASSWORD@ in the url, it will not prompt.
                          ...JG
                          3.0.0.548: HS3PRO - 3.0.5.10: AIAlert - 2.1.1.0: APIWeather - 2.0.64.0: BLBackup - 2.0.45.0: BLLAN - 2.0.37.0: BLRoombaWifi - 1.0.0.3: DevLog - 1.2.5.15: KeyPad - 3.0.2.25: NetCAM - 0.0.0.52: Pushover 3P - 3.0.0.5: SendVFD - 1.0.0.3: Tiles - 3.0.11.0: Z-Wave

Comment

Continued Username/Password passing issue

Originally posted by Jebus
                            Nope, It is a IE client side reg change. The server just accepts the URL.
                            As long as you put the USER:PASSWORD@ in the url, it will not prompt.
                            ...JG
                            Thanks Jebus, but I can't get it to work. The FEATURE_HTTP_USERNAME_PASSWORD_ DISABLE was not in the listing so I added it - have I done it right? Please see attachment.

I then typed into IE unameword@10.0.0.6 and it would not find the server.

Any ideas?

-rty
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by ; November 13, 2006, 05:47 AM. Reason: Forget to add attachment!

Comment

Here is the MS Knowledgebase article on this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/834489

...JG

Comment

Working...
                              X