Finally got it hooked up but....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got it hooked up but....

Its been months, I know, but I'm finally got my Voice Recognition going, and, of course, problems...

I have an AP800 hooked up to 8 speakers in my house, and the AP800 controls which speakers for each message. That works.

I also have 4 in-wall mics hooked up to the same AP800. They gate and mix down to the line input on my Homeseer PC. I can issue the VR wakeup command (Computer) and Homeseer responds. I can tell it to turn on or off a light, and that works. The problem is, if it doesn't understand, it replies with the don't understand phrase, which Homeseer hears, and again replies that it doesn't understand. This repeats over and over at a few second intervals.

I don't understand
    I don't understand
    I don't understand
    I don't understand etc.

Now first of all, I thought that Homeseer muted its listening when it was speaking? If it in fact is, why does it hear itself?

Second, I also thought that Echo Cancellation was supposed to stop this? I've created an output on the AP800 (A) that always has speech no matter which speakers are on or off. I tagged this output as the Echo Cancellation source #1, then I turned Echo Cancellation ON under each mic and set them to Echo Cancellation source #1. Is this correct?

At this point, I have all 4 mics gatting to one input on the PC, and AP800 fully controls this. Since I have 8 speakers and 4 mics, is this just too complex for Echo Cancellation?

Any advice here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

PA Adaptive mode?

I'm not sure that echo cancellation is designed to address this problem. I wonder if PA Adaptive mode would help.

From the AP800 manual:

PA Adaptive Mode
    The AP800 recognizes how much loudspeaker audio is picked up by the microphones and uses this level as the new ambient level when audio is present at the power amplifier (see Figure 2.8). This prevents loudspeaker audio from gating on a microphone while still allowing people in the room to gate on microphones as they speak.
    That sounds closer to what you're looking for.

Comment

Thanks. I check that. I'm not sure if PA Adaptive is turned on or not. I think it was on, but I could be wrong.

Comment

The muting is an operating system function when using the mic input. Have you tried going into the mic input?
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

RegForte
          PA Adaptive is on. Most settings are at the default unless I saw a need to change them.

Rupp
          I was afraid of that. Using the mic jack isn't easy because my XLR converter box (device called a CleanBox) outputs at line level. They do sell line to mic attenuator cables, and I may have to use that. Rupp, are you sure Homeseer/PC only mutes the mic and not the line input? I thought the muting was a function of the speak client, not the PC?

Comment

Originally posted by anogee View Post
            RegForte
            PA Adaptive is on. Most settings are at the default unless I saw a need to change them.
            Hmmm. How about your EC reference point? How do you have that set up?

If you can, post a screenshot of your matrix screen in Apware.

Comment

Working...
            X