No announcement yet.

Honeywell Enviracom Zone Controllers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't unfortunately -- I've spent more time coding the plugin than actually using it at this point.

Comment

Honeywell RS232 Message types

Mitch,

I am also working with some Honeywell Tstats and Serial Adapter. I have good communications and can query the device status and display temperature. But all I have been able to find from Honeywell are some examples of message types, and most relate to Water Heaters, not a complete list. It sounds like you were able to get a list of Message Types to do some of the things you mentioned. Would you be willing to share that data?

Thanks...

Comment

Opps found it...

Mitch,

Sorry I missed your post, on the second page of post, where you shared a copy. Thank you for sharing, you saved me hours of phone calls to Honeywell with people that just don't get what we do.

Comment

Glad I could help, you can also look at the source code I was working on (see links above in the thread).

I have not had much chance to work on the plugin lately, too many other things to do, but I hope oneday to get back to it.

Mitch

Comment

dBeau,

"Much to my delight, the aquastat offers up all kinds of state information from the current boiler temp to limit settings and burner status"

My old (Oil Burner) controller failed was was just replaced with an L7224U.

Did you use the HS plug-in, or did you work out your own scripting to communication with the serial adapter?

Is the L7224U database documented somewhere? TIA

Mark

Comment

My Serial Adapter arrived and the following Message Class IDs are observed for the L7224U Aquastat.

>M 3E70 11 R 05 00 00 01 80 0C D7
              >M 3200 3D R 02 1C 02 13
              >M 3114 3D R 03 04 FC 10 F3
              >M 22DB 3D R 04 20 1C 04 56 AE
              >M 22DA 3D R 06 15 40 F9 0C 01 B8 DA
              >M 108D 3D R 0C 20 1C 15 40 04 56 01 18 56 46 00 00 9E
              >M 1084 3D R 08 2D 28 15 40 04 56 01 18 BA
              >M 1081 3D R 05 20 1C 04 56 01 C6

The L7224U is the only Enviracom device. As it is winter time and the Aquastat is actually running the boiler, my testing will be limited. However, I have identified the following 'real time' values

3200 - Boiler real time temperature; 2 Hex digits
              >M 3200 3D R 02 1C 02 13 = 1C02 = 71.70 DegC = 161.06 DegF

3180 - Circulating Pump On/Off; 1 hex digit
              >M 3180 3D R 01 00 8D = 00 = Pump Off
              >M 3180 3D R 01 C8 45 = C8 = Pump On

3114 - Burner On/Off; multiple digits, exact mapping unclear

>M 3114 3D R 03 01 00 10 0A = 01 00 10 = Burner off, T< HL-Hdf
              >M 3114 3D R 03 01 C8 11 C3 = 01 C8 11 = Burner On
              >M 3114 3D R 03 04 FC 10 F3 = 04 FC 10 = Burner Off, HL-Hdf < T < HL

The other messages broadcast every 30 minutes and appear to contain the various Aquastat configuration information e.g. HL, Hdf etc.

Comment

Comment

JMayes,

I would appreciate seeing whatever code fragments you may have in order to decode additional fields in the L7224U Aquastat messages. BTW, PMs are disabled on this forum.

I have observed the following since my last update.

The following codes only appear at power up of the L7224U Aquastat

>M 3120 00 R 04 70 00 00 00 65
                  >M 10E0 01 R 08 00 00 B1 74 92 53 50 00 AD
                  >M 10E1 00 R 08 19 02 03 01 02 00 B0 85 D7
                  >M 10E2 00 R 04 00 0F 00 00 F9

Based on other Enviracom documents, Message ID 3120 appears to be an error indication, I have had this appear on a couple of occassions. Unclear how to interpret this.

>M 3120 00 R 07 F4 00 96 3D 3A 01 28 5A

With regard to the resistor heating, I measured the surface temperature of the resistors with a thermocouple at 85 DegC! No wonder it cooks the other components. I am currently running mine without the enclosure to avoid killing it; I am considering repackaging it somehow using externally mounted resistors with heatsinks. Not sure how to actually do this though.

Best Regards,

Mark
                  Last edited by Mark42; January 30, 2012, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Mark42, check your pm's

My best guess on the '10Ex' codes is for auto discovery especially since you only see them on boot.

On the heat issue, I don't think you need to remount the resistors, just mount the pcb horz. with the cover off so that the round caps are beneath the resistors. The heat will rise and not bake the caps. I plan on doing a mod to replace the resistors with a regulator, if i can make it simple enough I will post it. I hate wasting a few watts of 24/7 electric on something like this. The same hot circuit is in the zoning panel too- ugh!

J

Comment

Jeff,

Thanks for the code fragment.

This is the replacement in kind resistor I am considering. It looks a lot bigger than it really is, but could be easily mounted away from the Serial Adaptor board.

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/...An3A2PZvyCs%3d

Not that expensive when you consider the cost of replacing the Serial Adaptor after it has failed. Also, there is a report that the Serial Adaptor failure can affect the operation of the Enviracom network.

Mark

Comment

New entry for the unofficial doc

Hi, just found this info by sniffing, shows zone open/closed status by zone

3180 Message-Damper Status (by zone)

Message Id - - - - - - - - 3180
                        Instance Id (Zone Id)- - 01 - - Zone 1 <> Zone 9
                        Type - - - - - - - - - - - - - R
                        Num Data Bytes - - - - - 01
                        Data Byte 1- - - - - - - - N - - -00-Damper Closed, C8-Damper Open
                        Checksum - - - - - - - - - x

Example M 3180 01 R 01 C8 79 - -Zone 1 damper open

Cheers,
                        Jmayes

Comment

Interesting. Extrapolating from the L7224U Aquastat and the Thermostat

It seems that message 3180 is used for boolean status values

Boolean Data Values

00 = Off / Closed / False
                          C8 = On / Open/ True

Instance ID

01..09 Zone Damper position
                          3D Aquatstat Circulating Pump

Mark

Comment

Anyone want to make changes to code?

If you guys want access to the code repository to add some new message codes, just let me know. I am busy with other things right now, but I'm available to answer questions and make specific changes if anyone needs anything added to the plugin.

Mitch

Comment

Some progress to report

Well, its been a while but...

I got some time and made a bit of progress this weekend.

Two things off my todo list:

1. Add formatting routines to create messages to send to the panel
                              2. Complete connecting low level routines to homeseer thermostat APIs

I have pretty much given up on creating web pages the way the example thermostat source code does it. Hand coding HTML into strings hardcoded into the plugin just seems so last century.

I am researching how to create the web pages through visual studio -- that will be the next big thing.

I am currently testing the plugin with some thermostat scheduling scripts for Zwave thermostats I found in the script library.

Mitch

Comment

Access to code repository?

Mitch,

Great to hear about your progress! Any chance I could have access to your code? I'd like to see about adding some of the unknown messages that I have been able to decode from my zoning panel over the last few months. Can't remember if you mentioned this before, but what version of Visual Studio are you using?

Ken

Comment

Working...
                                X