Problem opening speaker client on Android

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem opening speaker client on Android

For the past week or so I have been unable to get the speaker client going on my Android device. HS3 runs, but the log immediately shows:

Oct-03 12:28:32 PM HSTouch Server Opening connection from:192.168.1.105/52106
    Oct-03 12:28:32 PM HSTouch Server Client Android (192.168.1.105/52106) named Jim's Smartphone has CONNECTED.
    Oct-03 12:28:32 PM HSTouch Server Connecting speaker client to HomeSeer IP 192.168.1.121
    Oct-03 12:28:32 PM Warning Speaker host connection refused from 192.168.1.105 User: default User does not exist, does not have adequate rights, or the password is incorrect.
    Oct-03 12:28:32 PM HSTouch Server Error, Unable to connect speaker client interface: Not Authorized
    Oct-03 12:28:32 PM Speaker Speaker host disconnected, Name: IP address:

Strange...how can User:default not exist? Just one of many questions. Anyway, how to fix?

Thanks

Jim Speiser
    38-year veteran of Home Automation
    Still don't know squat

Originally posted by JimSpy View Post
    For the past week or so I have been unable to get the speaker client going on my Android device. HS3 runs, but the log immediately shows:

Oct-03 12:28:32 PM HSTouch Server Opening connection from:192.168.1.105/52106
    Oct-03 12:28:32 PM HSTouch Server Client Android (192.168.1.105/52106) named Jim's Smartphone has CONNECTED.
    Oct-03 12:28:32 PM HSTouch Server Connecting speaker client to HomeSeer IP 192.168.1.121
    Oct-03 12:28:32 PM Warning Speaker host connection refused from 192.168.1.105 User: default User does not exist, does not have adequate rights, or the password is incorrect.
    Oct-03 12:28:32 PM HSTouch Server Error, Unable to connect speaker client interface: Not Authorized
    Oct-03 12:28:32 PM Speaker Speaker host disconnected, Name: IP address:

Strange...how can User:default not exist? Just one of many questions. Anyway, how to fix?

Thanks
    Under Tools -> Network
    Scroll down and you should see a Speaker username/password for HSTouch.
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

I did and I do.
      Attached Files

Jim Speiser
      Still don't know squat

Comment

I did and I do.
        Try changing the default password to something else both in HS and hstouch.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk
        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

I did and I do.
          Do you have a default user in your HS3 users list? The error is saying you do not or the password is wrong. This user has to be a valid HS3 user account.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
            Do you have a default user in your HS3 users list? The error is saying you do not or the password is wrong. This user has to be a valid HS3 user account.
            I'm getting confused between the passwords for HS3, HSTouch and the speaker client. Are they all 3 separate and distinct? Changing the speaker password will have no effect on the HSTouch password?

Also, is there a way of viewing the password I apparently set for the Speaker (but don't remember ever doing)? Or maybe I didn't, and it shows four dots even if it is blank?

Jim Speiser
            Still don't know squat

Comment

I'm getting confused between the passwords for HS3, HSTouch and the speaker client. Are they all 3 separate and distinct? Changing the speaker password will have no effect on the HSTouch password?
              Correct
              Also, is there a way of viewing the password I apparently set for the Speaker (but don't remember ever doing)? Or maybe I didn't, and it shows four dots even if it is blank?Just edit that password to something you know as 4 dots is just a mask.

Comment

So if I change the password in setup, where do I change it on my Android device?

Jim Speiser
                Still don't know squat

Comment

Progress Report...

OK, I changed the speaker password for HSTouch on the Network tab of SETUP. So again, I ask, where in HSTouch do you match this password? I see two password fields, one in Settings -> My Homeseer and one in (each of) the Server setups.

And why do I not remember ever having to worry about this before?

Jim Speiser
                  Still don't know squat

Comment

OK, I changed the speaker password for HSTouch on the Network tab of SETUP. So again, I ask, where in HSTouch do you match this password? I see two password fields, one in Settings -> My Homeseer and one in (each of) the Server setups.

And why do I not remember ever having to worry about this before?
                    You do not have to set anything in HStouch just in the HSTouch settings within HS3.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                      You do not have to set anything in HStouch just in the HSTouch settings within HS3.
                      Sooooo.....the purpose of the password is......? And by the way, it's still not working. I think I must be missing something here.

Jim Speiser
                      Still don't know squat

Comment

What version of HS3 are you running?
                        The purpose of the username/password is so HSTouch plugin can connect to HS3. Similar to the speaker client connecting to HS3.

Comment

OK, now I'm thoroughly confused (or maybe not!). My HSTouch has no problem connecting with the HS3. It is ONLY THE SPEAKER that is not working. The MyHS password exists on my Android (HSTouch) and on my server (HS3). But according to the error messages above, the Speaker client residing in my HSTouch does NOT connect. I can use HSTouch, I just can't hear any audio from events.

I was originally told to set a username/password under HS3Touch in Setup, which made sense, except that I don't remember this field being there before and I don't think I ever touched it.

System Info:
                          Current Date/Time: 10/15/2017 8:49:07 PM
                          HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.368
                          Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium - Work Station
                          System Uptime: 3 Days 23 Hours 1 Minute 23 Seconds
                          IP Address: 192.168.1.121
                          Number of Devices: 226
                          Number of Events: 33
                          Available Threads: 600

Enabled Plug-Ins
                          3.0.6.0: Insteon
                          3.0.0.14: NetCAM

Jim Speiser
                          Still don't know squat

Comment

I had the same issue with all three of my android speaker clients not connecting to HSTouch after the plug-in was internalized. Never changed the password on the clients but after the upgrade, they now had a bad user/pass. The android tablets did connect to HSTouch just fine, just no speaker. Had to add a "default" user to the network tab of HS3 which leaves the whole system open to the "default" user and very insecure.

I'm sure this is a bug in HSTouch (along with many others) but for right now, what's the point of the speaker username and speaker password fields in HS3 if HSTouch is not using it?

Comment

That's what I'm talking about - what is the purpose of the speaker password? If I change it in one place, don't I have to change it in another? And if I don't, then how can it be the source of the problem?

Jim Speiser
                              Still don't know squat

Comment

Working...
                              X