No announcement yet.

mcsMusic Feature Requests and Problem Reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The dynamic screen sizing based upon client IP has been enabled. This will allow larger a browser window to be used for the Now Playing display. I included sizing for 4 screen layouts. User customization or the ini file will allow additional layouts.

Player selection logic has changed so that the user now specifies how many of each type player will be supported. With this change the ID of the player is no longer a fixed number. The manual has been updated to show how to detect the id of each player. This is done in the init function of mcsMusicPlayer.txt file.

Gordon,
    Let me digest your input. No changes in SliMP3 until the new connector is available.

Comment

No prob, Michael. We'll wait for xAP to get their end cleaned up - soon I hope!

Couple notes with 1.4.0, which I installed tonight.

When I load the mcsMusic web page, the page tries to reload something every second. (I have the "Exclude elapsed time" box checked.) I'm seeing a corresponding error that is repeating every second in the HS log:

mcsMusic ProcessASP Object doesn't support this property or method.

I'm using the Slimp3 Server as my primary device. I defined a second Slimp3 server device as well as a local Winamp device. I am seeing the interaction and messages in xP look good, and the server is responding to play, stop, playlist select, etc.

Not sure what the error is with the web page, but I assume something with the refresh of some part of it. I just can't find it and the URL flashes by so quickly on the status bar that I can't catch it. It may have something to do with or come before the resizing code, as I'm still getting a small page even though the plugin has been configured to use a default of 1024 x 768. I aslo tried to specify the IP for my workstation to use the larger size and it does not work.

I will try setting Winamp to be the default player. Let me know what else you need!

- Gordon

"God is gracious, God is fair. To some He gave brains, to others, hair." - anonymous

"Don't look under the hat."
      - Gordon, 2004
      |
      | - Gordon

"I'm a Man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess." - Man's Prayer, Possum Lodge, The Red Green Show
      HiddenGemStudio.com - MaineMusicians.org - CunninghamCreativeMaine.website

Comment

PS. For the remote Slimp3 server, I do not have an executable listed. It runs as a service, so I assume no executable should be needed.

- Gordon

"God is gracious, God is fair. To some He gave brains, to others, hair." - anonymous

- Gordon, 2004
        |
        | - Gordon

"I'm a Man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess." - Man's Prayer, Possum Lodge, The Red Green Show

Comment

Another piece of the puzzle. When setting the plugin to use the local Winamp, and clicking the icon for Winamp when Winamp has not been launched, HS launches Winamp and takes 30+ seconds to respond or get back to normal. However, the Winamp icon does not highlight unless I refresh the page. I get this error on the web page:

Script error: Response.Send hs.Getplugins("mcsMusic").NPFrameASP(request, response)

A refresh puts the page up, though not the size I expected (as above). Also, the refresh every second with error in HS log (above) does not occur.
          When I select a Slimp3 server via the icon, the select bar doesn't refresh. Refreshing the page causes the selected Slimp3 icon to be selected, and the refresh every second and errors start again.

- Gordon

- Gordon, 2004
          |
          | - Gordon

Comment

Michael,
            I also see the problem that Gordon has reported for mcsMusic 1.4.0. Before the ProcessASP errors start I get this:

1/18/2004 8:01:14 AM~!~mcsMusic~!~NPFrameMonitor 1 Invalid procedure call or argument

Jim

Comment

I stumbled across the solution to the mcsMusic 1.4.0 problem. The "Players" setup form has changed and by default there are no players enabled. So, I went into this form and enabled CDJ as player 1. This has cleared up the problem.

Jim

Comment

Thanks Jim for running this one down. I could not see any reason for this error, but then I always had several players selected.

Gordon,
                I dont know what the 1 second updates to the screen are. There are regular updates based upon the selected update interval, but I suspect 5 seconds rather than 1 second is used for this purpose. I'll proceed based upon Jim's finding.

I did not attempt to implement multiple SliMP3 players in 1.4.0. I was going to wait until the new connector was ready. If attempted there will be interference on the receive side since it is only expecting messages from one sliMP3.

In 1.4.1 I did include the logic to support multiples and tried it out with the existing connector. It seemed to work fine. The SliMP3 connector author did not indicate it would not work, he just indicated that he did not test more than one.

When Winamp is used as a client to SlimServer then the stream will be received, but the controls for play/stop etc will not be directed to Winamp. SlimServer may stop/start the stream but because of buffering the response will appear very sluggish.

The Executable path for Slim devices is used to identify the players and not the server. The server and connector are assumed to be running. Since both of these are started as services there may be a startup problem in some cases. I think the SliMP3 xAP Connector needs to see a running SlimServer when it starts. This means SlimServer service needs to start first.

The syntax used to specify a slim device is ComputerName:PlayerName. These are case sensitive. If there is a question on the case of the computer name that xAP is expecting then use the xAP viewer to identify it. The PlayerName will be an IP for Winamp. This name is whatever SlimServer is expecting. I've tried with 192.168.0.1 and 127.0.0.1 for two simulated SliMP3 players on the HS computer, plus a 192.168.0.200 for a third SliMP3 on a second computer. Other than the Winamp on the second computer everything is running on the HS computer and it is very busy.

I neglected to include the default sizes for other than 640x480 in 1.4.0. This has been corrected.

The plugin creates instances of Winamp that it can manage. These will be different instances than one you create. I suspect the long delay is associated with too much WebServer traffic for HS at that instant. I try to handle it, but only go five deep before I give up. I have a feature request for HS to complete a Web Service before starting a second and this will take care of the problem. Winamp really brings out the problem becuase the plugin make several API calls which open up scheduling problems between the OS, HS, and the Plugin.

Comment

Thank you for the explainations, Michael. I'll grab 1.4.1 and try it out, then wait a few days before I post so you can take a break, ok? ;-)

- Gordon

- Gordon, 2004
                  |
                  | - Gordon

Comment

FWIW, in 1.4.0 when I left the Slimp3 player executable entry blank, that's when I saw the once-a-second URLs. Just confirmed. The generic polling interval is set to 30 seconds (changed from your default 5 second).

- Gordon

- Gordon, 2004
                    |
                    | - Gordon

Comment

Looks like I am also seeing the 1 sec refresh rates with 1.4.1. I am using CDJ Player with refresh set to 60

HS Log says "Hidden Frame Overflow"

Update, goes away if I turn off the elapsed counter

[This message was edited by DSteiNeuro on Sun, 18 January 2004 at 10:10 PM.]
                      DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
                      BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

I't does dawn on me now that the 1-second updates are the elapsed time counter where it is fetching the images from the HS server.

I, however, do not see the relationship between serving an image from an folder and execution of the plugin's HiddenFrame function.

HiddenFrame has a progress number as part of the message. Wasn't there any numeric as part of the error message. I'm expecting it after HiddenFrame and before the Overflow.

Comment

Gordon, dont delay on my behalf. I want to get the problems ironed out and it is easier to work them when everything is fresh in the mind.

Comment

1/18/2004 8:00:03 PM~!~mcsMusic~!~ HiddenFrame 0 Overflow
                            1/18/2004 8:00:13 PM~!~mcsMusic~!~ HiddenFrame 0 Overflow
                            1/18/2004 8:00:41 PM~!~mcsMusic~!~ HiddenFrame 0 Overflow
                            DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
                            BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

Installed 1.4.1 and the multiple Slimp3 clients is working once I got the naming convention down. I had a client (the SliMP3 player itself) that had a name of "Family Room", but apparently I couldn't figure out or the plugin could not deliver the name with a space in it. After chaning the name to something with no space, it worked.

My second client on the remote Slim Server worked as well. It is Winamp running on my local workstation (which is a separate machine - not the HS box nor the Slim Server box).

I can see messages in the xAP viewer just fine. However, I am not seeing any response to the album/artist queries from the Slim Server to mcsMusic. The mcsMusic web page does not show "Now Playing" info form the Slim Server.

Also, and this may be a side-effect of query above, I noticed that when I choose the player from the mcsMusic web page icon, the actual highlight waits for the general refresh. I've shortened my refresh interval. I was expecting it to refresh when the icon was selected. Is that possible?

The first time I select a Slimp3 player to control, if the Slimp3 player I select is not "playing", I must first select a playlist before any transport controls work (play, stop, etc.). According to the Slim Server web interface, the Slim Server provides for a playlist to be loaded and transport controls to work as long as a playlist is already loaded. Ie. the player can be stopped with a playlist loaded. I would then expect to be able to connect to the player via mcsMusic web page, and just hit "Play" to start the player since the playlist is already loaded, but this doesn't seem to work.

I understand this may be a limitation of the xAP system. I don't understand why I don't see response packets in the xAP viewer from the Slim Server machine, but it could be the same reason? I don't see any response whether I'm only dealing with one Slimp3 player define or not. It may be a config issue with the xAP framework on the remote Slim Server box. I'm not sure if I have to or how to set up xAP for bi-directional communications (from HS server to Slim Server and vice versa).

All for now...

- Gordon

- Gordon, 2004
                              |
                              | - Gordon

Comment

Could the hidden frame overflow be related to the fact that no now playing info is coming back from the Slimp3? I'm seeing the error, too.

- Gordon

- Gordon, 2004
                                |
                                | - Gordon

Comment

Working...
                                X