This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Replace this device" failed

Using version 1.6.1.0 of the Insteon plugin I tried to replace a switchlinc (non-dual band) with a switchlinc dual band.

During Pass 2 I got the following error message:

"Your system could not be reprogrammed. The source and destination device type for ProgramAndReplaceDevice are not compatible (0101&0120), aborting."

Is it not possible to replace a 2476D with a 2477D using the plugins' replace function?

Originally posted by WayneWestmoreland View Post
    Using version 1.6.1.0 of the Insteon plugin I tried to replace a switchlinc (non-dual band) with a switchlinc dual band.

During Pass 2 I got the following error message:

"Your system could not be reprogrammed. The source and destination device type for ProgramAndReplaceDevice are not compatible (0101&0120), aborting."

Is it not possible to replace a 2476D with a 2477D using the plugins' replace function?
    Normally the devices have to be the same devicetype otherwise like in this case i have to add logic to support this type of swap.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Mark

If its not too tricky it would be nice to have a warning saying that "the device types are different, do you still want to proceed with the swap?"

I have a an inlinelinc that is functionally the same as an older one... in that custom settings and ops flags seem to be the same. But it has a new device number and that prevented the swap.

I understand it would be trickier of the plugin does not what the type being replaced is.
      Paul

Comment

Working...
      X