Jon00 BBC Weather V4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Jon

I am as baffled as you. I will try it again but when I add this to the script and then run it, it gives the generic Windows 7 window saying "Homeseer has stopped working" I am as baffled as you. When I remove it and run it again it all seems fine .

Perhaps this is pure coincidence!

I will try it again, I am as baffled as you and realize that it shouldn't make any differance whatsover.

Will let you know, thanks
    Steve

Comment

Any news on this one for HS3?

Comment

I'm not sure it will be upgraded. As there are other HS3 Weather plugins, there has been virtually no demand for this one.
        Jon

Comment

Hi Jon,

Up to a week ago the script worked as a charm. It looks like BBC slightly changed there website and added a subfolder to the location. Where it used to be "https://www.bbc.com/weather/2759794" for Amsterdam, it's now "https://www.bbc.com/weather/0/2759794". I added 0/ to the location in the ini and even tried 0%2f but neither worked... Any thoughts? Is it hard to add a "subfolder" option in the ini for the location?

Regards,

Nika.

Comment

There has been a major changes with the BBC Weather recently due to the change of weather provider from the UK Met Office to MeteoGroup

Unfortunately, this version scraped the web pages which is very hard to maintain. I'm surprised it has kept working for so long. Changes in the URL will not make this work anymore.

I stopped providing support for HS2 scripts some time ago so I'm afraid you will need to find an alternative or upgrade to Homeseer 3. Sorry.
            Jon

Comment

No worries. I am now trying to get the NOAA weather script to work. It works, just don't know yet how to check for the value of the temperature (to automatically enable my car heater in the morning )...

Comment

You should be able to use the device value.
                Jon

Comment

That's what I thought, but setting the condition to "Temperature value is in the range -50...10" worked for the BBC script, but seems to not work for the NOAA script although the value is now "0"... well... no time to debug now, will check it out sometime in near future

Comment

Disregard that, it works fine... thanks Jon!

Comment

Hi Jon,

Is this defunct now? Is it still only for HS4?
                      I've been using the BBC lite version but wanted a 5 day forecast.

Thanks

Comment

Yes, this version has been defunct for many years and nothing to do with HS4. It used to scrape the BBC website but it became unmanageable with the constant changes. Hence the latest lite version which uses a RSS feed (3 days only).
                        Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                          Yes, this version has been defunct for many years and nothing to do with HS4. It used to scrape the BBC website but it became unmanageable with the constant changes. Hence the latest lite version which uses a RSS feed (3 days only).
                          Ok thanks. I'll probably leave it at that, it's not like they can predict that far ahead very well anyway 🤣

Comment

Working...
                          X