No announcement yet.

Incorrect weather data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I added this temporary event until we figure this out.
    Attached Files

Comment

Had to switch to NOAA instead of Wunderground. Getting that original forecast change multiple times a day again. Driving myself and wife crazy. Even the kids are getting confused when they see "snow" on a 70 degree day.

Comment

Now stuck between a rock and a hard place. The NOAA weather doesn't give precip % for the forecast, AND it's not populating the Day 0 and Day 6/7 stuff properly. With the WU forecast continually screwing up, I thought maybe generating a new API key would fix it. Nope!

Comment

This is driving me nuts, so I think I am going to just code my own JSON calls to get the data I need and store it in respective arrays.

Since others have shared the same issue, have you considered using JSON instead of the XML files?

What is the URL you are using based on our chosen weather stations?
          I can navigate to this:
          http://api.wunderground.com/api/<API...PA/Reading.xml

but when not sure the URL for a specific station (ie, KPAMOHNT9).
          Last edited by phuz; May 24, 2018, 10:27 AM.

Comment

I wrote a class library to grab all the JSON data and I must say, this works great.
            I'll add another function for getting the current conditions but not in a hurry since the current conditions were never an issue.

Code:
                Public Sub GetWUForecast()
                    ReDim HomeLow(8)
                    ReDim HomeHigh(8)
                    ReDim HomeName(8)
                    ReDim HomePrecip(8)
                    ReDim HomeImageURL(8)
                    ReDim HomeForecast(8)
                    Dim myreq As HttpWebRequest = HttpWebRequest.Create("http://api.wunderground.com/api/[B]{my api key}[/B]/forecast10day/q/PA/Mohnton.json")
                    Dim myResp As HttpWebResponse
                    Dim mywebheadercollection As WebHeaderCollection = myreq.Headers
                    Dim post As JObject
                    myreq.Method = "GET"
                    myreq.ContentType = "application/json"
                    myResp = myreq.GetResponse
                    Dim myreader As New System.IO.StreamReader(myResp.GetResponseStream)
                    Dim myText As String
                    myText = myreader.ReadToEnd()
                    Dim i As Integer = 0

post = JsonConvert.DeserializeObject(myText)
                    For i = 0 To 8
                        HomeLow(i) = post.SelectToken("forecast.simpleforecast.forecastday[" & i & "].low.fahrenheit")
                        HomeHigh(i) = post.SelectToken("forecast.simpleforecast.forecastday[" & i & "].high.fahrenheit")
                        HomeName(i) = post.SelectToken("forecast.simpleforecast.forecastday[" & i & "].date.weekday_short")
                        HomeImageURL(i) = post.SelectToken("forecast.simpleforecast.forecastday[" & i & "].icon")
                        HomeForecast(i) = post.SelectToken("forecast.simpleforecast.forecastday[" & i & "].conditions")
                        HomePrecip(i) = post.SelectToken("forecast.simpleforecast.forecastday[" & i & "].pop")
                    Next
                End Sub

Comment

I suspect that the json will have the same issue as the xml file. The data is coming from the same source The only difference in the URL used to get the file is the ending.
              URL.json vs URL.xml

The source data is the same.
              --
              Jeff Farmer
              HS 3, HSPhone
              My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
              Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
                I suspect that the json will have the same issue as the xml file. The data is coming from the same source The only difference in the URL used to get the file is the ending.
                URL.json vs URL.xml

The source data is the same.
                Yeah, I noticed that. But I'm keeping a close eye and I'll let you know.

Comment

I noticed this same problem on my system today. The weather forecast was for Wednesday instead of Friday (today)...two days behind.

A few hours later it said Sunday...two days ahead.

Comment

Lets give it a week and if switching to the JSON feed fixes it for phuz, then I will change weatherXML to use the JSON feed.
                    --
                    Jeff Farmer
                    HS 3, HSPhone
                    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

I have the weather underground app on my phone. It is showing that the temperature here is 103 degrees. The other weather app I have says it is 83.

Checking some websites shows that the 83 is correct.
                      wunderground.com says it is 81 but their app is still showing 103.
                      --
                      Jeff Farmer
                      HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Having the same problem.
                        Temp is too low.
                        Manual update sometimes fixes the problem, but it keeps comming back.
                        Peter

http://ohh.pcgsm.nl

Comment

I am still getting errant weather forecasts. Any word on a fix?

Comment

Originally posted by prsmith777 View Post
                            I am still getting errant weather forecasts. Any word on a fix?
                            As far as I know WU won't be fixing this. They are non-existant in their forums. Even the customers that are using the pay service are seeing this.
                            And it has been reported in both the xml and the json service.
                            Their own phone app is reporting wrong temperatures at times. As I posted above the app was reporting that the temperature was over 100 when it was actually in the 80s.

The only work around that has been mentioned is to check the date in the download and if it is not todays date then ignore the file and wait until the next normally scheduled run to see if the forecast data has been corrected.
                            I plan on implementing this workaround.
                            --
                            Jeff Farmer
                            HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
                              As far as I know WU won't be fixing this. They are non-existant in their forums. Even the customers that are using the pay service are seeing this.
                              And it has been reported in both the xml and the json service.
                              Their own phone app is reporting wrong temperatures at times.....

<snip>

I haven't seen these problems (yet), but I am becoming concerned over the declining quality of services from WU, since their purchase by TWC. WU is the premier host of personal weather stations(PWS), but that no longer seems to be important enough to them to continue to provide service on par with that standing.

Since I'm currently trying to decide on a PWS, I'm concerned about the dependence of PWSs reporting to a third party (like WU), to make their data available to software.

Is it too early to start brainstorming a "Plan B?" Or, is Ambient positioning themselves to be the fall-back position?
                              HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
                              Home Assistant 2024.3
                              Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
                              Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
                              Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
                              WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
                              AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

I'm having the same problem. Data is being shown from January and is corrected by re-runing the scripts to download the data after some period of time.

Comment

Working...
                                X