X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

System.Math

I am having trouble using Math.Round() in my scripts

I have the following in my Ini file

ScriptingReferences = System.Data;System.Data.dll,ChartDirector;C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\netchartdir.dll,System.Data.SQLite;C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\Bin\System.Data.SQLite.dll,System.Math;MScorlib.dll

I have also tried this

ScriptingReferences = System.Data;System.Data.dll,ChartDirector;C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\netchartdir.dll,System.Data.SQLite;C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\Bin\System.Data.SQLite.dll,System.Math;system.math.dll

I have Imports System.Math in my script

obviously doing something wrong but I dont know what can anybody help?

thanks Phill

You shouldn't need to import it...try this;

Code:
    Sub Main(ByVal Parms As Object)

Dim SampleValue As Decimal = 2.67889997755

hs.writelog("", Math.Round(SampleValue, 2))

End Sub
    Edit: and you shouldn't need to reference it either..

Comment

Thanks will try

Yes kinda thought that but when it did not work I thought i would need to reference it I will try simple example you quoted

Comment

Yup Thank You

Yes as I suspected it was my incompetence causing the issue I tried your code no issues and then went back to mine and found an issue with brackets! That was throwing up this error from which i drew the wrong conclusions lol thanks for letting me know it should work i could have spent ages trying to include nothing!

Overload resolution failed because no accessible 'Round' can be called without a narrowing conversion: 'Public Shared Function Round(d As Decimal, mode As System.MidpointRounding) As Decimal':

Comment

Working...
        X