Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

0.0.2.16 confused. Any recovery for this?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

0.0.2.16 confused. Any recovery for this?

Yesterday I received an ApplianceLinc from Smarthome to replace the one they had previously sent me with ICON firmware in it. I thought I might save myself some time by using the "replace" feature in the plug-in.

As a result of the replace, the plug-in appears to have forgotten my PowerLinc's address, so it thinks that all links to the PowerLinc are to an unregistered device, and while I can send commands to my various Insteon devices, I can't receive anything from them.

Is there any recovery for this or is my attempt to save some time going to require me to completely redo my whole Insteon setup? (And even then, I'm not sure how I would get it to a state where I can start over)

Here's an example of the problem from the page of one of the devices:

------ Link table present in remote device: ------
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Link# 1 - Switch/Load is controlled by Stairs Light (slave) (00.1E.D9) (Using Insteon Link# 1) Switch/Load
    Link# 2 - Switch/Load controls Stairs Light (slave) (00.1E.D9)
    Link# 3 - Switch/Load is controlled by Unregistered Device (05.FB.CE) (Using Insteon Link# 254) Unknown
    Link# 4 - Switch/Load controls Unregistered Device (05.FB.CE)
    Link# 5 - Switch/Load is controlled by Unregistered Device (05.FB.CE) (Using Insteon Link# 24) Unknown - On Level 25%, Ramp Rate 2 Sec.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Warning: This Insteon device controls or is controlled by devices you have not yet registered with the plug-in. HomeSeer may not be aware of any control commands that might come from the unregistered device. Please add the unkown device to your system if possible.
    Warning: This Insteon device has no links with the HomeSeer PLC, so it can not respond to the ALL DEVICES group commands sent by HomeSeer. Please use the reprogram option.
    Warning: This Insteon device has no master links with the HomeSeer PLC, so it can not report local control changes to HomeSeer. Please use the reprogram option.

So SmartHome shipped ApplianceLincs with Icon Firmware in it?

Every time I tap-Add my new ApplianceLinc, HS says it's an ICON. Maybe that's what's wrong? One other quirk of this is that the LED is much, much brighter than on all the other modules. If you plug them in back-to-back, you'll see it's exactly the same brightness as the SignaLinc.

HS reports:
    Device Type: ICON ApplianceLinc, Firmware Version: 28

Comment

It sounds like you used the replace PLC option instead of the replace device option? Do you have any more details on what you did and what the result was?

Jon

Originally posted by Eug View Post
      Yesterday I received an ApplianceLinc from Smarthome to replace the one they had previously sent me with ICON firmware in it. I thought I might save myself some time by using the "replace" feature in the plug-in.

As a result of the replace, the plug-in appears to have forgotten my PowerLinc's address, so it thinks that all links to the PowerLinc are to an unregistered device, and while I can send commands to my various Insteon devices, I can't receive anything from them.

Is there any recovery for this or is my attempt to save some time going to require me to completely redo my whole Insteon setup? (And even then, I'm not sure how I would get it to a state where I can start over)

Here's an example of the problem from the page of one of the devices:

------ Link table present in remote device: ------
      Link# 1 - Switch/Load is controlled by Stairs Light (slave) (00.1E.D9) (Using Insteon Link# 1) Switch/Load
      Link# 2 - Switch/Load controls Stairs Light (slave) (00.1E.D9)
      Link# 3 - Switch/Load is controlled by Unregistered Device (05.FB.CE) (Using Insteon Link# 254) Unknown
      Link# 4 - Switch/Load controls Unregistered Device (05.FB.CE)
      Link# 5 - Switch/Load is controlled by Unregistered Device (05.FB.CE) (Using Insteon Link# 24) Unknown - On Level 25%, Ramp Rate 2 Sec.

Warning: This Insteon device controls or is controlled by devices you have not yet registered with the plug-in. HomeSeer may not be aware of any control commands that might come from the unregistered device. Please add the unkown device to your system if possible.
      Warning: This Insteon device has no links with the HomeSeer PLC, so it can not respond to the ALL DEVICES group commands sent by HomeSeer. Please use the reprogram option.
      Warning: This Insteon device has no master links with the HomeSeer PLC, so it can not report local control changes to HomeSeer. Please use the reprogram option.
      Jon Ort
      JonOrt@The--Orts.com
      (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

Working...
      X