This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

18th Device

Working on my 18th device and I am currently unable to completely download links. Its starts off fine then resets the server. (as if I was hitting the reset button). I have cleared the Insteon switch about 4-5 times. It seems to almost finish then resets the PC. Any suggestions?
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Do you have core dump error reporting turned on for the OS? Is there is BSOD before it reboots?

Jon

Originally posted by Pete
    Working on my 18th device and I am currently unable to completely download links. Its starts off fine then resets the server. (as if I was hitting the reset button). I have cleared the Insteon switch about 4-5 times. It seems to almost finish then resets the PC. Any suggestions?
    Jon Ort
    JonOrt@The--Orts.com
    (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

Here is what I see and will attach file:

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x100000d1 (0x00000060, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xf76c5c82). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini041406-03.dmp.

There is no BSOD.

The reboot / reset would occasionally occur when installing earlier versions of the SDM but not when running.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Pete; April 15, 2006, 11:36 AM.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I've seen this with bad USB to Serial adapters and once with a bad HID USB driver. What PLC are you using and how is it connected?

Jon

Here is what I see and will attach file:

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x100000d1 (0x00000060, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xf76c5c82). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini041406-03.dmp.

There is no BSOD.

The reboot / reset would occasionally occur when installing earlier versions of the SDM.
        Jon Ort
        JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

I have one serial PLC connected to one USB to Serial device. I can swap the USB to serial device out. (I currently have three types and one spare USB to 4 port serial device). I can still do a repeat of a download (with no errors) of the other 17 Insteon devices.
          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

The physical location of the switch and the firmware version can both cause the communication between the SDM and the switch to be very different, possibly tickling different issues. If you could try to use direct serial that would at least eliminate that possibility.

Jon

I have one serial PLC connected to one USB to Serial device. I can swap the USB to serial device out. (I currently have three types and one spare USB to 4 port serial device). I can still do a repeat of a download (with no errors) of the other 17 Insteon devices.
            Jon Ort
            JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

Haven't moved it yet to direct serial but rather tried another USB port on the PC. Noticed that the issue is random. Went to other devices which had downloaded links and re downloaded them and the PC would reset randomly. I am getting ready to build a new dedicated HSII PC which will be running Windows server. Thinking of an AMD processor / Gig of RAM / serial HD - simple and it will just serve HS functions. BTW having a similar issue (HS - resetting PC on HS 1.744 boot up) on my HS V1.744. This PC is running XP Pro - Net 2.0 - 3.4 GHz - 1 Gig Memory. Its happened more than once in the last few months - last time it happened it trashed HS files and had to restore from a backup. I think the issue might be more related to the way Net 2.0 talks to the serial ports than the PLC talking to the Insteon devices might be causing the reset thing. The HS 1.744 server has only one USB to 8 port serial box on it. I am currently using 7 of 8 ports. Other than that the box is only doing HS V1.744. Not running too many scripts and it only does the reset thing when HS is booting up and initializing it comm port communications - not when its running HS.
              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I can tell you that I had problems with some devices when connected to a serial-usb adapter. Those problems were completely solved 100% by moving to a direct serial port. You should absolutely test with a direct serial connection.

Jim H.

Comment

Working...
                X