No announcement yet.

Jon00 Virtual device graphing utility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not sure any more right now, it may be a problem with HS, not your script ...
    I think that the value is rounded when saved with hs.setdevicevalue.
    I will check tomorrow, and let you know.
    Thank you for taking care
    Visit zee e-maison : http://www.e-maison.com

Comment

Devicevalue can only store integers. That is why many scripts/plugins multiply by results by 100 to get around this and why I put the dividevalue in to compensate for this.

Send me an email tomorrow. I would like to send you a new version that hopefully sorts out this issue.
      Jon

Comment

Jon,

I am very sorry but this is not an "international setting bug", and, as explained above, multypling by 100 is the way to go.
        This is also perfectly explained in your instruction pdf.
        I never realized that my temperatures where rounded when stored in a device value, as I only use these values after rounding them, for image selection by example.
        I swear I will read the instructions and every single message of this board before posting next time.

Thanks
        Pierre
        (I crossed my fingers when swearing)
        Visit zee e-maison : http://www.e-maison.com

Comment

Comment

What exactly are you writing in french for maximum & minimum?

Does it work if you don't add the language words?
            Jon

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I've just looked at the code and the error has nothing to do with the language but rather there is something wrong the data you are providing it with.

Can you post your ini file so I can take a look.
                Jon

Comment

Ok Jon

In attachment my ini file
                  Attached Files

Comment

Jon

I rewrite my ini file, and now all is ok.
                    Thanks

Comment

I was going to say, it is in a bit of a mess!
                      Jon

Comment

Nice job on the virtual graphing!

Jon,
                        1 comment and 1 question

In your documentation/package for setting this up, you might want to include a sample vbs script that puts it all together for the "programmingly challenged" Something like the following, called jon00vdGraphing.vbs will help people understand how to get a 'device value' out of an existing device into your ini.

Code:
                        sub main

hs.SaveINISetting "Graph1","Data",hs.devicevaluebyname("Garage Freezer Temperature"),"Jon00VDGraphing.ini"
                            hs.SaveINISetting "Graph2","Data",hs.devicevaluebyname("Garage Small Freezer Temperature"),"Jon00VDGraphing.ini"

hs.runex "jon00vdGraphing.vben","Main","1|2"

end sub
                        Question: Can i change the Location value of the newly created virtual devices or are you keying off this value in your .vben code?

thanks
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
                        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
                        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
                        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Thanks!

Obviously if you use devicevaluebyname then you would need to do as you suggested but surely it is much easier to just use the device value of the house code?

i.e. if Garage Freezer Temperature had a house code of t78

Within the INI file for that Graph, you would use:

Data=$DV:t78

As for the location value, yes it can be changed to anything you wish.
                          Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                            Data=$DV:t78
                            Well, that sure is easier. I guess I didn't read far enough into the docs

I was under the impression that I was responsible for putting the value in the data key, guess not.

Thanks
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
                            Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
                            Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
                            Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                              I guess I didn't read far enough into the docs

Thanks
                              Let's face it. Who reads the instructions when we buy a new toy! It's only when we can't get something to work that it's read! Obviously I gave too many options
                              Jon

Comment

how do you reset a graph

in other words, i want to erase the chart in the image?
                                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                                X