Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

best way to wire multiple rain8net devices?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

best way to wire multiple rain8net devices?

I have 3 rain8net devices. I haven't been able to find clear information about how to wire it, in terms of the common and the 24vac input.

My understanding is that the 2vac input on the master is carried through to the slaves, via the phone line type cable connector. I have a terminal connection block I use for all my common wires, then run one jumper from that to the "common" connection for the main rain8net device.

Should I have one connection block for each device? I kind of think i should, but that's not the way it is now. Could that may be why I have experienced random weird behavior? (ie, zones just turning off randomly, with no activity in the log, or when I turn some on, all go off, etc).

Thanks,

Ian
    Plugins:
    BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

I believe that is correct.
    -Larry

A member of "The HA Pioneer Group", MyWebSite

Plugins:
    VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
    Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

Here is some pinout info that had been sent to me from Wgl. I have both a rain8 and relaynet. I would always check the pins with a voltmeter just to be on the safe side.
      Stuart
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by dbusch
        I am running 2 of them and the AC power is definately carried via the cat5 cable. Do not run power to both of them, just the primary.
        This is confirmed by what Warren Lohoff from WGL told me. He also helped me realize I was grossly underpowering the units (in amps), based on how many zones/units I was running. I think that is why my system is not running correctly. We'll see once my new power supply arrives.
        Plugins:
        BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

I asked Warren about my situation (I'm using it for hvac dampers, not for water valves). he said as long I as beefed up my power supply it would be fine. Crossing fingers....
          Plugins:

Comment

Working...
          X