Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Audio suddenly stops/halts for some time (30-60 seconds)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Audio suddenly stops/halts for some time (30-60 seconds)

I see this in the log:
    03.03.2012 20:43:16 SqueezeBox Info SqueezeCenter Player Count: 2
    03.03.2012 20:50:59 SqueezeBox Info SqueezeCenter Player Count: 2
    03.03.2012 20:51:02 SqueezeBox Info SqueezeCenter Player Count: 2
    03.03.2012 20:51:19 SqueezeBox Info SqueezeCenter Player Count: 2
    03.03.2012 20:52:04 SqueezeBox Info SqueezeCenter Player Count: 2

Both my players have all their devices updated at 20:52:04.

Between 20:51:19 and 20:52:04 the audio was stopped/paused/licensed. This has happened a few times now. I'm running the lastest beta, and did not see this with the latest official release.

What's going on?
    This is really annoying as I also use a Squeezebox Radio to play background noise tracks for my daughter when she is sleeping. She wakes up of course when this happens...
    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

The message "SqueezeCenter Player Count: xx" is displayed when the plugin receiving a message from LMS telling it the number of players that are connected. The plugin will request the count of players under some conditions: upon connection to LMS or successful login, a player has connected/disconnect/been added or a library rescan/load (HSTouch) finished. Though I am not sure how this would stop the player. Do you have verbose logs or debug logs by any chance. I will do some testing as well.

What do you mean by "licensed"? Nothing really changed in the code related to this )at least explicitly). Did you make any other changes (such as LMS update, network changes, etc)?

Also, are you using the plugin Speak Proxy functionality, i.e. is it enabled?
    Last edited by pcp; March 4, 2012, 11:11 AM.

Comment

I just turned on "debugging", I expect it to happen around 9 PM, we'll see what happens.

Originally posted by pcp View Post
      What do you mean by "licensed"? Nothing really changed in the code related to this )at least explicitly). Did you make any other changes (such as LMS update, network changes, etc)?
      Sorry about that, that is just me being stupid. The word I was looking for was "silenced"...
      HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Do you have a library rescan scheduled around the same time?

Comment

Do you have a library rescan scheduled around the same time?
          Good question, where do I check that?
          I wasn't aware that there's an option for scheduled library scanning, and I can't seem to find it either...

EDIT: Never mind, found the setting. It's set to "Off" (and the time is set to 9 AM) so I'm guessing that's not the problem.

Comment

It happened again, right around 22:00. See the attached log.
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks and will look at it. Do both players stop or only one?

Comment

I will look more into it but found the following two that might be relevant

PHP Code:
                04.03.2012 21:59:21     SqueezeBox Debug     Player SB NM disconnect
                04.03.2012 22:00:14     SqueezeBox Debug     Player SB NM reconnect 
                Any idea it player "SB - NM" was disconnected from the LMS server and reconnected? The messages are logged when the LMS sends disconnect/reconnect notifications for a player (which I use to update the plugin configuration). I don't have any earlier history in the log that would tell me if the player was connected to LMS earlier or not.

This explains messages "SqueezeCenter Player Count: 2" in the log, but not explictly why the music stopped on the player (and assume it is for player "SB - NM". Maybe the LMS logs might include additional information why the player disconnected and reconnected.

As a test, if you disconnect the HS2 plugin from LMS around that time (~9 or 10pm), does the same happen for this player?

Comment

I'll try that. And I'll check the server logs. It might have something to do with WiFi issues, but that doesn't explain why it was stable before I upgraded the plugin...

Comment

Was the player "SB - NM" connected prior to receiving the disconnected notification? Was music playing prior to receiving the disconnected message? Are you using LMS 7.7.1 or an earlier version?

Comment

Was the player "SB - NM" connected prior to receiving the disconnected notification? Was music playing prior to receiving the disconnected message? Are you using LMS 7.7.1 or an earlier version?
                      Yes, "SB - NM" was connected and playing when I got the disconnected message.

I'm using version 7.7.0 - r33614, I'll find 7.7.1.
                      Hmmm! I thought that LMS had a update feature...

Comment

I finally was able to install the update. I'll post if this happens again.

Comment

Working...
                        X