Jon00 Bluetooth Proximity Detector V2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100 devices a day, that's cool.

Do any of the BT apps, run by themselves? I'd love to dump the mac address to a text file. I can do something with it, I think.

Actually, I'd like to make my own BT app, separate from HS.

Comment

I'm drawing a blank ... maybe it's getting too late, but how do I create a device that will show the value of my device (in this case N90). I would like to have a device that would just show the number of discovered units.

Comment

Originally posted by bernieb View Post
        I'm drawing a blank ... maybe it's getting too late, but how do I create a device that will show the value of my device (in this case N90). I would like to have a device that would just show the number of discovered units.
        I'm not sure I understand the question. If you have set up the settings correctly, you should have a virtual device called discovery which will list all the detected devices. In addition, you can set up additional virtual devices which you monitor specific BT devices to show if they are in or out of range.
        Jon

Comment

Originally posted by bernieb View Post
          If I understand your question correctly, you might be confused by the fact that set up by the script is a device called BT Discovery. On the Homeseer status page you will see the text description of the device, which is a list of discovered devices. The device ALSO has a value, which you can access for example in setting up an event which can say On device VALUE change of that device....

If you want to see the number of discovered devices on the status page, the easy way is to create a virtual device, and an event which sets that device to the value of BT Discovery each time the status of BT Discovery changes.

Simon

Comment

Hi Simon and Jon,

Yes this is what I was looking to do last night. I could find the device value of BT Discovery and it showed "1" which was correct. Device (N90)

I then tried several times to create another device (N99) as a virtual device and based on device status change (this may have been my issue right there) of BT Discovery. It never returned anything except "Unknown" even after several reboots.

I am assuming that the only thing needed in the upgrade was to copy the new script in the script folder of the Homeseer directory, I didn't see any other files that were changed except the documentation.

Comment

Yes, you just need to replace the script if using the previous version.

The device status is not set with the virtual devices only device value.

To confirm the triggering, on the Discovery virtual device, the device value is set to the total number of defined BT devices (not discovered devices) that are currently in range.

Each individual virtual device defined for detection of a particular device will have its device value set to 1 when in range and 0 when out of range.

As an example you have the following virtual devices set up:

N90 - Discovery
              N91 - Phone 1
              N92 - Phone 2
              N93 - Phone 3

If Phone 1 and 3 are detected as in-range, the virtual device value for each will be:

N90 - 2
              N91 - 1
              N92 - 0
              N93 - 1
              Last edited by jon00; June 12, 2012, 10:15 AM.
              Jon

Comment

Remote Bluetooth Client

I have a remote location that has a Windows 7 box running the HS speaker client and HS Touch every once and awhile. Would it be possible to load the Bluetooth Client up on that box, point to the HS server by changing the IP address in the config.file to www.myplace.com:81 and be able to react to proximity in my remote home?

Chris

Comment

I don't see why not, provided port 8737 is opened up on your router and mapped to your HS PC. The port number in your URL will not be necessary, just the address.
                  Last edited by jon00; June 12, 2012, 12:13 PM.
                  Jon

Comment

Perfect, I have 8737 open to allow Script Connector visibility on the remote system. Will give it a shot over the next few days. Thank you for your quick response and great HS "stuff". I'll drop a note on the success and usefulness of this notion.

Chris

Comment

hi Jon,

I've found a strange problem with the latest version...

The discovery device works fine... can see all devices and names etc.

My first device B21 updates correctly but thats it B22 to B25 won't update.

The ini file is reporting a device value of 1 etc

I've tried deleting the devices but they don't get recreated.

ini output: -

[Discovery]

INI file removed....
                      Last edited by speedy; June 12, 2012, 05:19 PM. Reason: Fixed

Comment

You need to change all references of 'Housecode' to 'DeviceCode' in the ini file.

FYI, the latest version is 2.0.4
                        Jon

Comment

doh, thats what you get for copy and paste from the old files :-)

Cheers Jon

Comment

Where do we find the new version

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                            You need to change all references of 'Housecode' to 'DeviceCode' in the ini file.

FYI, the latest version is 2.0.4
                            I checked the your web site out and didnt find the new update, where else should I be looking.
                            danielbo

Comment

Originally posted by danielbo View Post
                              I checked the your web site out and didnt find the new update, where else should I be looking.
                              Its on Jon00's Homeseer 2 download page first download on the list.

Comment

Usage Examples

Hi Guys

Am interested in this as a way of detecting that both my wife and I are either home or away (or have just left home, or are just arriving). We both have iPhones.

We have a small house 2 floors plus basement. Each floor is only 600 square feet (plus porch and sun room on first floor) and the garage is about 15 feet from the house.

Is there any point on buying something like this: http://www.aircable.net/store/index....products_id=35. It's great ahving a pwoerful Tx/Rx connected to HS, but if the iPhone can only Tx/Rx 10 feet (just chose a randon distance), how would it help.

I have Bluetooth in my car (BMW), so would it detect my car arriving home (assuming I paired that instead of my phone)?

If I paired mine and my wife's phones, I'm assuming I can have an event trigger when either phone comes within range (unset alarm, turn on outdoor lights at night, turn on music, etc.) or when both go out of range (set alarm, which already adjusts heating and lighting).

This bit all sounds great. Concerns I have for some scenarios:

Normally when I leave for work, it will set alarm, adjust thermostat, etc. If I'm going out for an hour and want to leave the AC on, I'd have to wait for the prox detection to trigger it's event and then manually run an event to turn AC back on.

We both leave house, but guests (or babysitter if you had kids) are still there. Would have to disable the events in advance.

Wife is home alone and her phone battery dies. It will think she's left house and set alarm, change HVAC, etc.

Has anyone dealt with these issues and found good solutions? Just don't want it to become more of a burden than a convenience.

If range is too far when I go to garage, I wouldn't want it setting the alrm, etc. and don't have power in garage so can't put dongle out there.

Interested in hearing about more creative uses too

Regards

Mark

Dell Zino HD - HSPRo 2.x
                                HSTouch - iPhone 3GS, 4S, iPad2 and iPad 3, 3xKindle Fire (Wall mounted)
                                2 x Brultech ECM1240 with UltraECM
                                USB UIRT
                                Cooper Aspire Z-Wave Switches
                                WGL800 w ACRF2 and 3xDS10a (Sump Level/Activity sensing)
                                HM ST812-2 Flood Sensor
                                HSM100 - Motion Detector with Light and Temperature
                                2GIG Thermostat
                                BLDSC - Alarm Plug-in
                                BLUPS
                                UltraLog (SQL2008)
                                Jon00 Plugins
                                Host XR3 BT and Jon00 BT Proximity
                                Global Cache IP2IR
                                Foscam FI8918W

Comment

Working...
                                X