No announcement yet.

Jon00 SNMP Monitor for Homeseer 3 & Homeseer 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All I can do is add an option so that you can add a string to the response so that you can match on that.
    Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
      All I can do is add an option so that you can add a string to the response so that you can match on that.
      Do you mean something other than the "prefix" or "suffix" options? (At the moment the prefix/suffix get added even to Null values so searching for the prefix/suffix always matches.)

Comment

Yes....Prefix & Suffix are added after the replace functions.
        Jon

Comment

I decided on another method.

Please try V1.0.3

Add the following 2 entries to the ini file:

NoDataValueDV=0
          DataValueDV=100

Remove any ReplaceDS and ReplaceDV entries.

This will add a data/No data comparison mode which assigns the device value according to the values entered. Both must have values to work.

Let me know and I'll update the docs etc.

In this example, the device value will be set to 0 with no data returned and 100 when it is.

The device string which you see on the virtual device will not be affected.
          Last edited by jon00; January 5, 2016, 05:32 PM. Reason: Removed link
          Jon

Comment

Beautiful. Will give it a try. Thanks a million!

Comment

V1.0.3 is looking good so far, thank you very much! I will let you know if I have any issues over the next few days (just gotta watch a few leases get handed out and expire and make sure things are changing back and forth as expected, but at least initial values based on current state look good. There are no leases active at this particular moment but I tested on a few other OIDs that have values, then changed to an OID that's not returning a value, and the device value in HS3 seems to match up as expected.)
              Last edited by jon00; January 5, 2016, 05:33 PM. Reason: Removed link

Comment

Thanks, I'll update the package tomorrow.
                Jon

Comment

Troubleshooting

Hopefully quick question... does the network monitoring app produce logs I can take a look at? I have had at least twice over the last day where new leases have been handed out and SNMPwalk shows the new leases, but the devices never update in homeseer. If I close and relaunch the Jon00SNMPMonitor executable they update, but then don't seem to be updated again.

Comment

No Logs.

The device will only update if it sees a difference. When I change a OID between a legitimate and non legitimate number it changes here.
                    Jon

Comment

Ok thanks. Not sure what's going on. Maybe I'm trying too many OIDs (~100) and it just can't get to them all?

Comment

I have PM you with a new version to try.
                        Jon

Comment

3 days in, seems to be working great!

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. V1.0.3 is now available for download on my site.

Just for interest, how many OID's are you now monitoring?
                            Jon

Comment

~110... 1 for each of 100 possible DHCP leases plus a few other misc.

Comment

NULL Device Values

I have been trying to get this to work with my Billion BiPAC 7800VDOX. I hve used getif to access the router and I can see the values and get the OID. However the device values in homeseer are always NULL. I may not have the correct oid's but I got them from getif, less the first decimal point.

Comment

Working...
                                X