Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
    I'm running out of ideas.

You do have 7 files in your Bin/Jon00Dashboard folder ?

7+1 Errorlog (mentioned before)

Should I reinstall?

Comment

copied all files once again, still no success....

Comment

Is there another way to include these html5 pages into HSTouch?

Comment

Not that I know of. HTML5 compliance has been asked many times before (Search the board for "HTML5 HSTouch")

All the png conversion work is done by the wkhtmltoimage file. Can you check in task manager that this runs when the widget updates. It would be best to set your updates using a 15 second timer for this test.
          Jon

Comment

Not that I know of. HTML5 compliance has been asked many times before (Search the board for "HTML5 HSTouch")

All the png conversion work is done by the wkhtmltoimage file. Can you check in task manager that this runs when the widget updates. It would be best to set your updates using a 15 second timer for this test.
            this is really crazy... I set 1 and they are running every 15seconds - 3 of them...

BUT still no PNG...

Could it be: the whole "dashboard" folder is marked as "read only"... EVen if I unpin it, it goes back to "read only" mode...

Comment

Well that would be the issue! I assume you are running HS3 as an administrator?
              Jon

Comment

Well that would be the issue! I assume you are running HS3 as an administrator?
                yes

But even if I set the shortcut to start as normal user, it still starts as administrator... I thought, this is normal for homeseer... will play a bit with it...

Comment

Assuming you are on Win10, did you update from a previous version of Windows? If so, there are numerous posts on the web about permission issues where as an administrator account cannot write to files and folders. It appears that this gets screwed during the upgrade process.
                  Jon

Comment

Assuming you are on Win10, did you update from a previous version of Windows? If so, there are numerous posts on the web about permission issues where as an administrator account cannot write to files and folders. It appears that this gets screwed during the upgrade process.
                    yes, win10, but fresh install, will check it and try to solve it, before I will be bugging zou again...

will come back

Comment

reading the following: since Homeseer is nastalled in windows 10 "Program files" folder, it asks and needs administrative privileges... no way around it...

I wonder if that is true..??

playing with the idea to use another copy of "wkhtmltoimage" somewhere outside from Program folder... also to save files somewhere outside and then HSTOUCH to grab them and update...

What do you think?
                      Any command synopsis?
                      Last edited by simon_bagola; July 19, 2016, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Please try V1.0.2 on my site. I think I have found the issue.
                        Jon

Comment

Please try V1.0.2 on my site. I think I have found the issue.
                          YOU ARE JUST GREAT!!!!

Working... copied bin files and thats it.... fabulous!!!!

THANKS

Comment

These are the settings for one device and it's not creating a png file. What am I doing wrong?

[Device7]
                            Timer=2
                            CreateVD=2
                            DataMode=0
                            Data1=$dva:PHLCBA[516]IC
                            Data1Multiplier=
                            Name=Battery Level
                            Title=Battery Level
                            Title1=
                            Width=270
                            Height=100
                            MinValue=0
                            MaxValue=100
                            Type=7
                            Options=411+203+602
                            Effects=3
                            CreatePng=1

Comment

Are you getting PNG files created on other dashboard configs? Are you running the latest version (V1.0.2)?
                              Jon

Comment

Updated to latest version and it appears to be working fine now. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X