downloadFile: weatherXML: nt_.gif Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

downloadFile: weatherXML: nt_.gif Error

anyone else seeing this? looks like it started showing up in my logs around 10AM this morning..

Is this happening during a conditions import or a forecast import?
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
      Is this happening during a conditions import or a forecast import?
      I'm not sure how to tell..?

It looks like it might be some transient problem since it only shows up in my logs 4 times yesterday and so far i haven't seen it since.

Comment

The error happens when it is dark out (nt for night) and no image was selected for the condition image.
        During the day, if no image is selected by WU, the image name is not there. The XML file is sent with no image. At night nt_ is appended to the front of the image name. ex. nt_fair.gif. When the image name is missing WU send a value in the xml file the is nt_.gif. When wxml goes to download nt_.gif there is no such file on the WU site so you get the error.

If you can look at the Scheduled page and see what minute you are running the Conditions and the Forecast you can compare it to the error message determine which one ran. I have added several places in the code that checks for nt_.gif but as your error shows I haven't covered all of the import functions.

If you get a chance to check the run time vs the error time, if would give me an idea on which part of the code to add some more checking.
        --
        Jeff Farmer
        HS 3, HSPhone
        My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
        Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
          The error happens when it is dark out (nt for night) and no image was selected for the condition image.
          During the day, if no image is selected by WU, the image name is not there. The XML file is sent with no image. At night nt_ is appended to the front of the image name. ex. nt_fair.gif. When the image name is missing WU send a value in the xml file the is nt_.gif. When wxml goes to download nt_.gif there is no such file on the WU site so you get the error.

If you can look at the Scheduled page and see what minute you are running the Conditions and the Forecast you can compare it to the error message determine which one ran. I have added several places in the code that checks for nt_.gif but as your error shows I haven't covered all of the import functions.

If you get a chance to check the run time vs the error time, if would give me an idea on which part of the code to add some more checking.
          ok i lied. it happened again today. looking back through my log for today and yesterday i see a new one too this morning at 8:34AM. The others repeat 7 times each time as in my screenshot but this new one only had a single entry:

2/24 08:34:41 mapDropdownList: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

the others which repeat 7 times occured at:

2/24 10:01:02 downloadFile: weatherXML: nt_.gif from: http://icons.wxug.com/i/c/k/nt_.gif. Error: System.Net.HttpWebResponse The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
          2/23 15:01:02 downloadFile: weatherXML: nt_.gif from: http://icons.wxug.com/i/c/k/nt_.gif. Error: System.Net.HttpWebResponse The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
          2/23 14:01:02 downloadFile: weatherXML: nt_.gif from: http://icons.wxug.com/i/c/k/nt_.gif. Error: System.Net.HttpWebResponse The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
          2/23 12:01:02 downloadFile: weatherXML: nt_.gif from: http://icons.wxug.com/i/c/k/nt_.gif. Error: System.Net.HttpWebResponse The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
          2/23 10:01:02 downloadFile: weatherXML: nt_.gif from: http://icons.wxug.com/i/c/k/nt_.gif. Error: System.Net.HttpWebResponse The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.

here is my schedules page:

Comment

Working...
          X