Multiple Locations - One Account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple Locations - One Account

With Ecobees in two locations (and two plug-in instances) on the same Ecobee account, how does the plug-in account authorization work? I can authorize each instance, but it seems to displace the previous one. Does this mean I need to set up two Ecobee accounts?

the Ecobee plugin does not support multi instances, how did you manage to start a second instance?

if you have 2 ecobee thermostat in the same account, you only need one plugin instance which will create HS devices for both thermostats.

Comment

There is an instance of HS3 in each of the two locations, each with its own Ecobee plug-in.

Comment

in this case, try to do the authorization on one instance, then copy the Config/Ecobee.ini file to the second instance, then start the second instance without doing the authorization process. If both instances are still ok after one hour (when the plugin renew the authorization token) then it should be fine.

If this solution doesn't work, you will need 2 ecobee accounts.

Comment

Oh well, unfortunately copying the ini file looked like it would work, but as you predicted, the PI lost its authorization after about an hour. What a pain.

Comment

BTW, here is the reply from Ecobee support:

Thank you for contacting ecobee Support.

I would recommend reaching out to HomeSeer Support with your inquiry as they'd be better suited to assist you. I've been informed that there's nothing in our API that limits the number of thermostats supported and since our API is open for developers to use, we cannot speak to how these developers build their own third-party apps around it.

Regards,

Meredith

Comment

I am in the 30 day demo and i have two Ecobee4's installed and will install a third tomorrow; we have three zones. I am seeing the two units, however, there is no way to determine which one's values i am adjusting or viewing. Will there be support in the future for multi unit setups?

Comment

Originally posted by jtsnyderjr View Post
                I am in the 30 day demo and i have two Ecobee4's installed and will install a third tomorrow; we have three zones. I am seeing the two units, however, there is no way to determine which one's values i am adjusting or viewing. Will there be support in the future for multi unit setups?
                The plugin already support multiple thermostats.
                On the device management page, if you click the pink button to group devices, each thermostat will have its set of device grouped together, and the root device will show the name of your thermostat. You can then update the flloor/room fields or event the name of the devices to better differentiate them.

Comment

Thanks for your patience, i did figure that out, i will be purchasing.

Comment

Working...
                  X