HSPI_Wemo has stopped working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSPI_Wemo has stopped working

Hello again, every few days I have an issue where the lights will stop responding to commands from HS, and in the log will be an entry that says "Plugin Wemo is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet". It considers it as running even though it has actually crashed, while waiting for me to click ok on the Windows "stopped working" dialog box in order to restart the plugin. In the event viewer, I get two error entries - the first is a .NET Runtime error, with the following information:

Code:
    Application: HSPI_Wemo.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException
       at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndConnect(System.IAsyncResult)
       at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean, System.Net.Sockets.Socket, System.Net.Sockets.Socket, System.Net.Sockets.Socket ByRef, System.Net.IPAddress ByRef, ConnectSocketState, System.IAsyncResult, System.Exception ByRef)

Exception Info: System.Net.WebException
       at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(System.IAsyncResult)
       at System.Net.Http.HttpClientHandler.GetResponseCallback(System.IAsyncResult)

Exception Info: System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(System.Threading.Tasks.Task)
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(System.Threading.Tasks.Task)
       at Rssdp.DiscoveredSsdpDevice+<GetDeviceInfo>d__28.MoveNext()
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(System.Threading.Tasks.Task)
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(System.Threading.Tasks.Task)
       at Rssdp.DiscoveredSsdpDevice+<GetDeviceInfo>d__27.MoveNext()
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].GetResult()
       at HSPI_Wemo.PluginController+<DiscoverTimer_Elapsed>d__14.MoveNext()
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore+<>c.<ThrowAsync>b__6_1(System.Object)
       at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(System.Object)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
       at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
       at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
       at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()
    The second entry is an application error, with the following information:

Code:
    Faulting application name: HSPI_Wemo.exe, version: 1.1.12918.35750, time stamp: 0x5a6f638d
    Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.23915, time stamp: 0x59b94abb
    Exception code: 0xe0434352
    Fault offset: 0x0000c54f
    Faulting process id: 0x300c
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d3b9cfc2dd3bef
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\HSPI_Wemo.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll
    Report Id: c1274b12-265e-11e8-959c-54271ee5e6ba

Thanks for the stack trace, it helps a lot. I get my left hand removed from the splint on friday, I should be able to program again after that.

Comment

No problem. Good to hear about your hand.

Comment

Has there been any update to this issue. I believe I am experiencing the same.. Everything working properly and then all of a sudden no response from any Wemo device. The only way to bring it back that I have found it to disable and re-enable the Wemo plugin in HS3.

Logs don't seem to be showing much.

Comment

Originally posted by otttech View Post
          Has there been any update to this issue. I believe I am experiencing the same.. Everything working properly and then all of a sudden no response from any Wemo device. The only way to bring it back that I have found it to disable and re-enable the Wemo plugin in HS3.

Logs don't seem to be showing much.
          I've made several changes to my internal build, but I'm not happy with the stability enough to release it yet. I'm working on some new logic to try and stabilize the communication between the Wemo devices and the plugin. The problem right now is the Wemo devices seem to just stop responding on the network for no reason at all. I'm trying different things to see if it's my plugin causing them to stop or if they're just unstable alone. I don't want to push an update that causes more problems than if fixes.

I'll let you know as things change.

Comment

Thanks for the update. The Wemos seem notoriously bad all around. I had issues with smart things, now HomeSeer. I wouldn't be surprised if they are just junk. They don't even respond to their own app some of the time I've found.

Comment

Any updates on the WEMO plugin?

I've given up even using them at this point since I've completely converted my house over to Homeseer but have no control over the Wemos whatsoever.

They show up but don't respond to any command.

Comment

Any updates on the WEMO plugin?

I've given up even using them at this point since I've completely converted my house over to Homeseer but have no control over the Wemos whatsoever.

They show up but don't respond to any command.
                I published a new update 1 week ago to the folks at HomeSeer that fixes all the bugs I knew about from reports on here. Internally I've seen it to be 100% more stable now. Make sure to check for updates, I'm not sure if they've published it yet. You should see update 1.2019.712.1745 available in the plugin store. If it's not there yet, it should be soon. They notified me several days ago that they were about to publish it.

Also to note, there's a minor cosmetic bug in the new release with the dimmer control. There will be another release soon to fix that.

Comment

Great news thanks for the update!

Comment

Thanks kingfetty for the latest update! Looking good.

I have had a few days to test things out. Did notice a couple things..

The loss of communication with the WEMOs seems to still happen after an undetermined amount of time. I had to actually completely restart Homeseer to get things going again as it seems the whole system hung. I'm not sure if it's the WEMO plugin or not but it happened when I was playing with WEMO devices.

One other minor thing I noticed also is that I see you still have the Status On/Off child device as well as the On/Off/Dim child device. This is fine, I'm not sure what the purpose of having just a On/Off device is though when also having that functionality with the On/Off/Dim is, but ok. I suppose for backwards compatibility?

Anyways, I noticed that if I was to toggle the On/Off/Dim device to On or Off the status mirrors on the On/Off Device, which is correct, however if I do the reverse it does not. So toggling the On/Off device does not mirror the action or status on the On/Off/Dim device. Not really an issue just an observation but may be something that was missed.

Thanks again for your efforts!

Comment

Thanks kingfetty for the latest update! Looking good.

I have had a few days to test things out. Did notice a couple things..

The loss of communication with the WEMOs seems to still happen after an undetermined amount of time. I had to actually completely restart Homeseer to get things going again as it seems the whole system hung. I'm not sure if it's the WEMO plugin or not but it happened when I was playing with WEMO devices.

One other minor thing I noticed also is that I see you still have the Status On/Off child device as well as the On/Off/Dim child device. This is fine, I'm not sure what the purpose of having just a On/Off device is though when also having that functionality with the On/Off/Dim is, but ok. I suppose for backwards compatibility?

Anyways, I noticed that if I was to toggle the On/Off/Dim device to On or Off the status mirrors on the On/Off Device, which is correct, however if I do the reverse it does not. So toggling the On/Off device does not mirror the action or status on the On/Off/Dim device. Not really an issue just an observation but may be something that was missed.

Thanks again for your efforts!
                      I'm aware of the bug with the new dimmer setup and have a fix slated for the next release.

I'm still doing extensive testing to see what's causing the loss of communications. In most of the occurrences, it's the switch that stops responding, not the plugin. I'm trying to find out if it's the plugin causing the switch to not respond or something else completely. I've not been able to reliably recreate the situation.

I'm experimenting with changing the the discovery timers, subscription lengths, and various other parameters to see if they make a difference.

The way the plugin currently get's it's status updates is by using the following logic.
                      • Upon plugin launch, it sends out an SSDP discovery and finds all switches
                      • For each switch, it sends out a subscription message to inform the switch to notify the plugin if change in state happens.
                        • This subscription times out after 10 minutes. Before the subscription expires, the plugins resubscribes, resetting the timer.

What I'm playing with is this subscription timing vs just constantly polling the device every ~10sec to see if the state has changed. I'm looking to see what gives us more reliable WEMO switches. If getting rid of the subscription causes the switches to be more reliable, then I'll move the plugin to that methodology instead.

Comment

Just as @ottech indicated, I am seeing the same:

This only started happening after the most recent update to the version 1745.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys, let me see what I can do.

Comment

If you can give me the steps. I'd like to roll back to the previous plugin version to see if the issue persists.

Comment

I'll have to zip it up for you. I'll get it to you in a bit.

Comment

Working...
                              X