New OpenSprinkler Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New version 1.2.0.2

Brady - this should fix your issue of station status not updating when using more than 8 stations. Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.
    Matt.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyjee View Post
      Quick forum search suggests that no 3rd party plugins can be installed on the zee - only the ones it comes with.
      Yes, but I was hoping there was a way to manually install a plugin. . .never tried that before.

Comment

That fixed it.

Thanks

Originally posted by Mattyjee View Post
        New version 1.2.0.2

Brady - this should fix your issue of station status not updating when using more than 8 stations. Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.
        Matt.

Comment

screenshot attached...could of swore I did this with the original post, my bad.
          Attached Files
          HS Install Date: Feb. 16, 2007

HS3 Pro, Z-Wave, Insteon, BLStat, HS Touch Server, MyQ

WeatherXML, BLBackup, BLLAN, BLLock, Restart, CaddX, OpenSprinkler

Comment

Misraels - Ok, Only thing I can think of is does that program still exist on the opensprinkler unit itself or has it been deleted. The plugin will recreate devices (including buttons) for each program on the Opensprinkler but if that program device was created long ago and the program no longer exists on the Opensprinkler unit then it won't rebuild it (and wont delete it).

Otherwise, try the latest version I have posted above - 1.2.0.2. Before starting the plugin, enable developer mode (checkbox on plugin management page) and let me know if any error messages come up during initialisation. Also check the Homeseer log.

Cheers.

Comment

Requesting Help with OS HS3 Logging Error

I've been after this non-problem for sometime, as far as I can tell its just a logging issue cause all OS feature appear to work.
              OS-Plugin Error: Failed in attempt to set advanced status -Input string was not in a correct format.
              From the Developer Mode I get
              Error: Failed in attempt to write to program device
              Error: Failed in attempt to write to history device
              Error: Failed in attempt to write to Water% device
              Error: Failed in attempt to set advanced status - Input string was not in a correct format

My OS is at Hardware Version 2.2 with 2.1.3 firmware and my HS3 plugin is at 1.2.0.2
              I've deleted all OS devices and rebuilt them successfully and the problem continues. The problem started before I upgraded to 2.1.3.

I'd appreciate your insights.
              Thank You

Comment

Hi Gary,

If thats the error message you are getting then everything should still function as per normal EXCEPT that the status text of each individual zone would not be getting updated. You must have some setting set different to mine that I haven't accounted for. As per what Brady (jbbtex) did earlier can you please send me either via PM or this forum...

Type http://<ipaddress>/jc into your web browser and send me the response text. Repeat this for /js, /jn, /jo and /jp.

I'll work out what is causing the issue and update the code.

Cheers.

Comment

Requesting Help with OS HS3 Logging Error 2

Hi and thank you
                  Here's the results
                  /jc,/jn,/jp {"result":2}
                  /jo {"fwv":213}

I can add that the only advanced feature I changed was to a static IP for a while and then back to DHCP which I'm using now

Here's the first error upon reinstalling OpenSprinkler 1202 plugin
                  Apr-06 9:37:16 AM OS-Debug Error: Failed in attempt to write to Water% device
                  Apr-06 9:37:16 AM OS-Plugin Error: Failed in attempt to set advanced status -Input string was not in a correct format.

The Watering % device exists, Root device is enabled

Thanks again

Comment

Thanks Gary - but sorry bad instructions by me...

First, can you please go into the settings on your OpenSprinkler webpage, choose "ignore password" and then repeat the steps above... (The "result:2" is the code for incorrect password). You can then re-enable the password.

Thanks.

Comment

Requesting Help with OS HS3 Logging Error 3

Thanks again for the help, here's the info

/jc {"devt":1428408666,"nbrd":1,"en":1,"rd":0,"rs":0,"rdst":0,"l oc":"Avondale, AZ","wtkey":"","sunrise":367,"sunset":1134,"eip":1221594675, "sbits":[0,0],"ps":[[0,0,0],[0,0,0],[0,0,0],[0,0,0],[0,0,0],[0,0,0],[0,0,0],[0,0,0],[0,0]],"lrun":[4,1,300,1428174961]}

/js {"sn":[0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0],"nstations":8}

/jn {"snames":["Rose Garden","Yuccas","Patio Misters","Palm Hill","Privets","West Garden","East Spa Garden","Fruit Trees"],"masop":[255],"ignore_rain":[0],"act_relay":[0],"stn_dis":[0],"rfstn":[0],"stn_seq":[255],"maxlen":16}

/jo {"fwv":213,"tz":20,"ntp":1,"dhcp":1,"ip1":192,"ip2":168,"ip3 ":1,"ip4":42,"gw1":255,"gw2":255,"gw3":255,"gw4":0,"hp0":80, "hp1":0,"hwv":22,"ext":0,"sdt":0,"mas":0,"mton":0,"mtof":0," urs":0,"rso":1,"wl":100,"den":1,"ipas":1,"devid":0,"con":110 ,"lit":100,"dim":15,"rlp":0,"uwt":0,"ntp1":204,"ntp2":9,"ntp 3":54,"ntp4":119,"lg":1,"reset":0,"dexp":0,"mexp":5}

/jp {"nprogs":2,"nboards":1,"mnp":14,"mnst":4,"pnsize":12,"pd ":[[113,0,3,[1140,-1,-1,-1],[420,60,0,180,300,0,0,0],"Schedule 1"],[48,5,7,[420,0,0,0],[0,0,0,0,0,0,0,600],"Schedule 2"]]}

Comment

Gary - this is a tricky one. Can't spot what is wrong just yet.

Can I get you to try a few more things...
                        1) Does this work properly when you have the password ignore option set?
                        2) Are you on Linux or anything strange
                        3) Have you renamed any of the device addresses or added device codes?
                        3) Can you please post a screenshot of the devices with all stations off, and then again with a station running?

After this, I may send you a new version with some additional lines of code to nail the problem down.

Cheers.

Comment

Requesting Help with OS HS3 Logging Error 4

Hi
                          Attached are screen shots and debug log entries during the screen shots. I ran one station and it appears to me that the Water% isn't being updated. The time 09:31 on this device and Rain Delay go back to when I reinstalled OpenSprinkler after removing it and deleting all its devices, I have never modified any of the devices. I'm running HS3 latest version on a LenovoA10 Windows 8.1 system. It appears that everything works and this is only a logging issue.
                          Thanks again for the help with this.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Requesting Help with OS HS3 Logging Error 4+

One more observation from the OS-Debug log. I've notice the OS root device failing an update along with other the devices but in looking at the device management page OS root device I see that its last change is about 5 seconds after this root device fail log entry. I only see log entries on the failures.

Comment

Hi Gary,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears that this is a intermittent error - only occurring occasionally and not every scan (5 sec or whatever you have set). If it is intermittent, I think it is because of a missed communication across the network. I did build in some code to detect this and abort trying to set each device but it must be returning something different to what I was expecting.

Can you please do the following:
                              1) Ensure that debug flag is set in Opensprinkler plugin config page.
                              2) Disable Opensprinkler from manage plugins page.
                              3) Create a backup copy of your existing HSPI_Opensprinkler.exe in your homeseer directory.
                              4) Overwrite that file with the one in the attached zip file (v1.2.0.8).
                              5) Restart plugin and monitor log for error messages.
                              (if all goes to sh** then restore the old .exe file otherwise the new version will be fine to keep).

Please send me any log entries you get relating to Opensprinkler. I think I need to modify a small section of code but I need to see what error messages you get first. This new version 1.2.0.8 will simply write more stuff to the log and I've also slightly increased the delay between the 5 requests for info on each poll (may be the source of the issue).

Cheers.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Requesting Help with OS HS3 Logging Error 5

I have attached the log after starting 1208 and it presents some new information. One file shows the startup and the first error messages. The second file shows more errors to give you an idea of the frequency.

Yes the error is intermittent and it doesn't happen for some time after the OS plugin starts. I have never noticed any functional problems with the plugin.

From the new log information, I suspect you're correct about a communications timeout as the entries start with "Error info: jo=ERROR: The operation has timed out"

Thanks again for your help on this. I'm willing to provide and or try things to fix/better understand this but if I'm the only one reporting it, I would suggest we file this one aside for awhile and see what happens on my end. I'll be updating HS3 to 163 next.

Kinda weird getting a file from the future - I hadn't realized where you are located.
                                The date/time stamp on your new beta threw me a curve at first.
                                later
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X