Zwave devices not responding... EXTREMELY FRUSTRATED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zwave devices not responding... EXTREMELY FRUSTRATED

I have a ZNET v2 setup, and I've managed to setup multiple Zwave devices that operate correctly. However, I seem to be having issues with door sensors. Over the past two days, I've installed TWO different types of door sensors (EcoLink and Dome). I am able to add the nodes, and when I pull up in system, they show as CLOSED (even though there isn't a magnet within 20 feet...). When I open the door - NOTHING...

Am I doing something wrong? Are there extra, undcoumented steps that I'm supposed to do when I add a new zwave device????

Would appreciate some insight/help...

Did you add them using ZTool or within the HS GUI? Did they add correctly with a root device and child devices?
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by WhitW View Post

I have a ZNET v2 setup, and I've managed to setup multiple Zwave devices that operate correctly. However, I seem to be having issues with door sensors. Over the past two days, I've installed TWO different types of door sensors (EcoLink and Dome). I am able to add the nodes, and when I pull up in system, they show as CLOSED (even though there isn't a magnet within 20 feet...). When I open the door - NOTHING...

Am I doing something wrong? Are there extra, undcoumented steps that I'm supposed to do when I add a new zwave device????

Would appreciate some insight/help...
      What does your z-wave network look like? How many repeater devices (line voltage items are generally repeaters) do you have?

Do they work ~5-10 feet from the ZNet?
      RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

I think the issue with the door sensor had to do with the magnet, etc. I've also figured out that when I pair, and before I install/mount a battery device, I should go in and work with it to make sure the system is responding to events...

I have a couple of Aeotec Repeaters on order that I plan to incorporate. I have my Znet in the basement, so I believe I'm going to have issues with range/interference...

I actually had some issues yesterday pairing a GE Wall Switch that is located 25 feet from Znet... it took several tries, but finally paired. I have another GE Wall Switch in my MBR that I can't get to pair.

My Znet is currently next to my Smartthings Hub (I'm coverting over)... These devices didn't have an issue with Smartthings pairing (and yes, I've excluded from ST hub),

Comment

First off, welcome ST convert

I have noticed a couple of things with powered devices at a distance and battery devices.

1. Run an optimize after adding nodes. Maybe not after each node, but when migrating I found if I run an optimize after ever few (3-5) it makes adding the ones that are further away easier. Run the optimize a couple of times then the Full optimize with routing updates. Doing this as I went also made the Full optimize faster once I had the farthest devices added.

2. I noticed with a couple of my battery devices that I had to add them Unsecure even though they should have worked just fine either way. Example with my Zooz ZSE40 4-in-1 sensor. I paired it "normal" and it paired and showed battery. But battery was all it showed. I let it site for a couple hours to just see if it would sync/update. Nothing. So I removed it and then added it Unsecure and bam everything was working.

Comment

HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
            Plugin's:
            BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
            EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
            weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Working...
            X