X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it is more like I forgot how to upload. It should be there now

Comment

I will try it again.

I am having to restore some stuff but will try it again soon. I will let you know the results. Thanks again.
      James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Better but a problem persists.

I was able to get it to workw but only saw one module (my switch) show up under the xammcsUPA browser. I read that I needed a link for the modules to show up so I added a link to my IO module to control the shower light. Now the same error re-appeared. Here is the file
        Attached Files
        James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

I was expecting the IO module to be configured with and ON and OFF link for the input states. I also notice that the Lamp module has no links and it makes sense that it should not since there is no user control. I tried to accomodate. Give 1.3.34 a try. The handling of the Lamp and keypad are of specific interest since I do not have these hardware items.

Comment

This time I got...

I created links for my lamp modules to the 8 button controller. I also created links for the IO module. So I think I am all linked up. Now I receive the following error message.
            10/26/2005 6:49:07 PM - mcs.upb.homesee - xapname line 20 invalid procedure call or argument
            3 times in the log. Here is my *.upe file
            Attached Files
            James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

I was going to order either the four or eight button controller next time around, so thank you for working the kinks out :-)
              HS: 2.5.0.60
              Environment: Virtual XP as guest in VMWare Server running under Win 7
              Plug-ins: MLHSPlugin|RCS Serial Thermostat|UltraLog|UltraMon|
              Misc: 303 Devices, 313 Events, 68+ Scripts

HSeer: 3.0.0.54
              Environment: Virtual XP as guest in VMWare Server running under Win 7
              Plug-ins: BLGData|BLRF|BLRadar|BLRandom|BLSpeech
              UltraM1G3|UltraECM3|UltraMon3|UPBSpud|Z-Wave
              Misc: 148 Devices, 116 Events, 9+ Scripts (so far, still converting)

Comment

I added logic to deal with cases of no links defined. Activate and Deactive for these modules will be commanded as goto 100 and goto 0. I tested the four types of modules and received the desired bit patterns on button action from the browser. If you find that the hardware response is not as expected then capture the IO window segment that contains the transaction. The update is posted at 1.3.36.
                Attached Files

Comment

My mistake..

I think I am on to something. Please don't spend any effort since this may be a user error.
                  James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Works great.

I finally tried it and so far it works great. Thanks for your persistence.
                    James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Rain8UPB support

Rain8UPB support has been added to xapmcsUPB. I believe signup for the Rain8UPB beta testing has started now through WGL. For those that want to get in early with a UPB solution for irrigation they can save themselves some money by getting the early units. xapmcsUPB, mcsSprinklers and an interactive test application are available to control it. You can also write your own software if so inclined. I suspect the HST UPB plugin will not work with it since it does not look like any other UPB device and is not visible to UPStart.

Comment

Just a note... the UPB plug-in can support the rain8 by setting up separate appliance modules at the zone addresses. It does not support it as a specific rain8 device though.

Jon

Originally posted by Michael McSharry
                        Rain8UPB support has been added to xapmcsUPB. I believe signup for the Rain8UPB beta testing has started now through WGL. For those that want to get in early with a UPB solution for irrigation they can save themselves some money by getting the early units. xapmcsUPB, mcsSprinklers and an interactive test application are available to control it. You can also write your own software if so inclined. I suspect the HST UPB plugin will not work with it since it does not look like any other UPB device and is not visible to UPStart.
                        Jon Ort
                        JonOrt@The--Orts.com
                        (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

Just a note... the UPB plug-in can support the rain8 by setting up separate appliance modules at the zone addresses. It does not support it as a specific rain8 device though.
                          How does this work? HS gets the UPB device and link definitions from a file exported from UPStart. If UPStart doesn't recognize the Rain8UPB, it won't put the Rain8 devices in the export file. How do you define them to HS?

Comment

When using xapmcsUPB the user setup allows the modules to be itemized and this will augment the UPStart export. When using xapmcsUPB via Homeseer then each valve and input is mapped into tha Homseer device code and commanded ON/OFF as any other Homeseer device. The input count will appear in the device string and device value of the device when the counter from the rain8upb changes.

I believe Jon is indicating that if you define 8 UPB appliance modules so they have the same addresses as one Rain8UPB controller, then you can control the appliance modules to effectively control the Rain8UPB.

The production Rain8UPB has an input that is assigned an UPB device id. I am not aware of another UPB module that could be used in UPStart to act like a counter input, but Jon may know of one or other workaround to deal with it within the Homeseer plugin.

Comment

Working...
                            X