This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon Plug-in Beta .05

Update: A last second change I made before releasing .04 caused X10 traffic to be ignored. It was part of my test-bed that got mixed in with the release code.

It has been fixed in this .05 release.

Jon

Changes:

1) More X10 updates. Preset dimming confirmed working with switchlinc and other devices. X10 "streamed" dimming now working, although the SDM sends the commands out much slower than most other interfaces, causing the dimming to be sloooooooow. SDM updates should help resolve this.

2) Polling has changed. Since the SDM currently goes down when a device can't be reached the method of polling has been changed. Polling is now more of a background task, the results are posted to HS as soon as they come in from the SDM.

3) More robust error reporting and handling. The startup sequence has been changed so that it is clear if the SDM is not installed/working as compared to the actual Insteon interface not being installed or working. The configuration page now indicates any failure status.

4) Various smaller bug fixes.

Installation:

Install the updater version, INSTALL THE SDM!, then download the attached ZIP file and place the files in your HomeSeer directory.

Jon
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Oman; January 19, 2006, 05:15 PM.
    Jon Ort
    JonOrt@The--Orts.com
    (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

SDM still shows .146 - is this correct?

By the way, it just reports "poll requested" while polling, but all the results on the Status page were correct. I even made sure a device was "unreachable", and the new plugin still got correct status on the rest of the devices. Thanks!

Jim H

Comment

Yes. I needed to change the way polling worked to get around the sync bug in the SDM. I figured it would be nice to have background polling anyway so I changed it all the way through.

Jon

Originally posted by jhimmel
      SDM still shows .146 - is this correct?

By the way, it just reports "poll requested" while polling, but all the results on the Status page were correct. I even made sure a device was "unreachable", and the new plugin still got correct status on the rest of the devices. Thanks!

Jim H
      Jon Ort
      JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

Originally posted by Oman
        Changes:

The configuration page now indicates any failure status.
        Jon, my configuration page looks like it did in .03. Do you mean the Interface Setup screen? i.e., "Plug-in Status" column

Regards,

Todd
        -Todd

____________________________________________________________ ________________
        HS2Pro: 2.5.0.81 :: HS3Pro (beta) || Plugins:| SmartHome PowerLinc USB, Global Cache, BLBackup, DooCPU Monitor, DooMotion, BLOutlook, BLIcon, BLOutgoingCalls, OutgoingCalls, ROC-Rnd, HSTouch iPhone, UPS Monitor, DooMenuBar, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, WAF AB8SS, mcsTemperature, VWS, BLChart, RFXCOM, ISY Insteon, iAutomate RFID, iTunes, NetCAM, DSC Security, Nest

Comment

If the plug-in could not find the SDM or initialize the interface there will be GIANT TEXT at the top of the configuration page that indicates that there is a problem and what it is. There have been lots of help desk tickets from people who never check logs for errors or anything technical like that when it doesn't work. I figured "IT SEEMS TO BE WORKING" in giant text would bother the folks who had everything going properly :>

Jon

Originally posted by tmcgowan
          Jon, my configuration page looks like it did in .03. Do you mean the Interface Setup screen? i.e., "Plug-in Status" column

Regards,

Todd
          Jon Ort
          JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

Hey Jon,

After upgrading to .04, homeseer is not seeing any X10 commands from the SDM. Looking at the SDM window I see the X10 scrolling by but I am not seeing it in HS. I've restarted HS twice.

Comment

Tried restarting HS and the SDM a few more times, even rebooted. Decided to put the old beta 03 HSPI_InsteonBasic.dll back on and all my X10 commands are being seen again.

Comment

I need a capture of the log to tell you anything... it is working here for me.

Are you saying that X10 is going out but not being seen when something else transmits it?

Jon

Originally posted by JB NY
                Tried restarting HS and the SDM a few more times, even rebooted. Decided to put the old beta 03 HSPI_InsteonBasic.dll back on and all my X10 commands are being seen again.
                Jon Ort
                JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

I'm not seeing any X10 traffic in the HS logs at all.

I can see the X10 recived traffic in the SDM.

Comment

Turn on detailed logging and send me (or attach) the log. I can see what is happening from there. I assume you have the X10 portion of the plug-in enabled.

Jon

I'm not seeing any X10 traffic in the HS logs at all.

I can see the X10 recived traffic in the SDM.
                    Jon Ort
                    JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

Yes the X10 portion is enabled.

You can see in the log that it sees the x10 traffic in debug mode, it's just not showing up in normal logs, nor is it updating status in HS or triggering events based on x10.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Installed 05. Looks like my X10 problem is fixed. Thanks Jon!

Comment

Polling problems still seem to exist. I notice that HS is not updating the correct status of Insteon devices(even though they are set to 5 minute poll times). They represent last values issued from HS. If I force a Poll all comes back correctly. It was working for a day or so but does not seem to be working today.

Comment

how do you check the revision of the SDM?? and what is the current version???
                            Thanks

Comment

I've had it running here with 1 min. polling for 48 hours - still going. I'll need a log to see what might be happening in your case.

Jon

Polling problems still seem to exist. I notice that HS is not updating the correct status of Insteon devices(even though they are set to 5 minute poll times). They represent last values issued from HS. If I force a Poll all comes back correctly. It was working for a day or so but does not seem to be working today.
                              Jon Ort
                              JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

Working...
                              X