Event Not Playing Favorite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event Not Playing Favorite

I am new to HS. I was able to add my five Sonos devices easily. I built my first event, which included turning on all my Sonos devices to play one of my favorites. When I trigger the device, all the Sonos players do start to play, but they just play whatever the last selection they were playing. They don't switch to the Favorite I designated in the Event page.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by pcourt View Post
    I am new to HS. I was able to add my five Sonos devices easily. I built my first event, which included turning on all my Sonos devices to play one of my favorites. When I trigger the device, all the Sonos players do start to play, but they just play whatever the last selection they were playing. They don't switch to the Favorite I designated in the Event page.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.
    Could you post some screenshots of the events/triggers etc. you created.
    Thanks,
    Dirk

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
      Could you post some screenshots of the events/triggers etc. you created.
      Thanks,
      Dirk
      Thanks for the response. Attached is a screen shot of the event. And below is the log from running it this morning. Obviously there are errors. Music does play, just not the Favorite station selected. I should add that all the Sonos players are linked already via my Sonos app. I don't know if that matters.

Apr-29 7:01:36 AM Device Control Device: Main Floor Kitchen Kitchen Cabinets to Dim 45% (45)
      Apr-29 7:01:36 AM Device Control Device: Main Floor Kitchen Kitchen Tops* - Kitchen Tops On to Dim 25% (25)
      Apr-29 7:01:35 AM Sonos Error ERROR in PlayURI for zoneplayer = Master Bedroom with UPNP Error = UPNP_E_INVALID_ARGUMENTS . URI=x-sonosapi-stream:s27111?sid=254&flags=32 and isObjectID = True, MetaData=88.5 | WAMU (National News)object.itemobject.item.sonos-favorite0x-sonosapi-stream:s27111?sid=254&flags=32http://d1i6vahw24eb07.cloudfront.net/s27111q.gifinstantPlayTuneIn Station<DIDL-Lite xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/" xmlns:upnp="urn:schemas-upnp-org:metadata-1-0/upnp/" xmlns:r="urn:schemas-rinconnetworks-com:metadata-1-0/" xmlns="urn:schemas-upnp-org:metadata-1-0/DIDL-Lite/"><item id="F00090020s27111" parentID="L" restricted="true"><dc:title>88.5 | WAMU (National News)</dc:title><upnp:class>object.item.audioItem.audioBroadcast</upnp:class><desc id="cdudn" nameSpace="urn:schemas-rinconnetworks-com:metadata-1-0/">SA_RINCON65031_</desc></item></DIDL-Lite>, Error =A user-supplied component or subscriber raised an exception (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040208)
      Apr-29 7:01:35 AM Sonos PlayMusicOnZone for zoneplayer = Master Bedroom found TrackIndex = 2
      Apr-29 7:01:34 AM Sonos Error ERROR in PlayURI for zoneplayer = Master Bedroom with UPNP Error = UPNP_E_INVALID_ARGUMENTS . URI=x-sonosapi-stream:s27111?sid=254&flags=32 and isObjectID = True, MetaData=88.5 | WAMU (National News)object.itemobject.item.sonos-favorite0x-sonosapi-stream:s27111?sid=254&flags=32http://d1i6vahw24eb07.cloudfront.net/s27111q.gifinstantPlayTuneIn Station<DIDL-Lite xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/" xmlns:upnp="urn:schemas-upnp-org:metadata-1-0/upnp/" xmlns:r="urn:schemas-rinconnetworks-com:metadata-1-0/" xmlns="urn:schemas-upnp-org:metadata-1-0/DIDL-Lite/"><item id="F00090020s27111" parentID="L" restricted="true"><dc:title>88.5 | WAMU (National News)</dc:title><upnp:class>object.item.audioItem.audioBroadcast</upnp:class><desc id="cdudn" nameSpace="urn:schemas-rinconnetworks-com:metadata-1-0/">SA_RINCON65031_</desc></item></DIDL-Lite>, Error =A user-supplied component or subscriber raised an exception (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040208)
      Apr-29 7:01:34 AM Sonos PlayMusicOnZone for zoneplayer = Master Bedroom found TrackIndex = 2
      Apr-29 7:01:32 AM Sonos Error ERROR in PlayURI for zoneplayer = Master Bedroom with UPNP Error = UPNP_E_INVALID_ARGUMENTS . URI=x-sonosapi-stream:s27111?sid=254&flags=32 and isObjectID = True, MetaData=88.5 | WAMU (National News)object.itemobject.item.sonos-favorite0x-sonosapi-stream:s27111?sid=254&flags=32http://d1i6vahw24eb07.cloudfront.net/s27111q.gifinstantPlayTuneIn Station<DIDL-Lite xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/" xmlns:upnp="urn:schemas-upnp-org:metadata-1-0/upnp/" xmlns:r="urn:schemas-rinconnetworks-com:metadata-1-0/" xmlns="urn:schemas-upnp-org:metadata-1-0/DIDL-Lite/"><item id="F00090020s27111" parentID="L" restricted="true"><dc:title>88.5 | WAMU (National News)</dc:title><upnp:class>object.item.audioItem.audioBroadcast</upnp:class><desc id="cdudn" nameSpace="urn:schemas-rinconnetworks-com:metadata-1-0/">SA_RINCON65031_</desc></item></DIDL-Lite>, Error =A user-supplied component or subscriber raised an exception (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040208)
      Apr-29 7:01:32 AM Sonos PlayMusicOnZone for zoneplayer = Master Bedroom found TrackIndex = 1
      Apr-29 7:01:30 AM Sonos Error ERROR in PlayURI for zoneplayer = Master Bedroom with UPNP Error = UPNP_E_INVALID_ARGUMENTS . URI=x-sonosapi-stream:s27111?sid=254&flags=32 and isObjectID = True, MetaData=88.5 | WAMU (National News)object.itemobject.item.sonos-favorite0x-sonosapi-stream:s27111?sid=254&flags=32http://d1i6vahw24eb07.cloudfront.net/s27111q.gifinstantPlayTuneIn Station<DIDL-Lite xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/" xmlns:upnp="urn:schemas-upnp-org:metadata-1-0/upnp/" xmlns:r="urn:schemas-rinconnetworks-com:metadata-1-0/" xmlns="urn:schemas-upnp-org:metadata-1-0/DIDL-Lite/"><item id="F00090020s27111" parentID="L" restricted="true"><dc:title>88.5 | WAMU (National News)</dc:title><upnp:class>object.item.audioItem.audioBroadcast</upnp:class><desc id="cdudn" nameSpace="urn:schemas-rinconnetworks-com:metadata-1-0/">SA_RINCON65031_</desc></item></DIDL-Lite>, Error =A user-supplied component or subscriber raised an exception (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040208)
      Apr-29 7:01:30 AM Sonos PlayMusicOnZone for zoneplayer = Master Bedroom found TrackIndex = 2
      Apr-29 7:01:30 AM Device Control Device: Ground Floor Den Den* East Wall to Dim 50% (50)
      Apr-29 7:01:30 AM Device Control Device: Stairs / Halls Stairs / Halls Stairs - Bottom* - Front Door to Dim 50% (50)
      Apr-29 7:01:30 AM Device Control Device: Stairs / Halls Stairs / Halls Stairs - Middle* - Bottom to Dim 50% (50)
      Apr-29 7:01:30 AM Device Control Device: Stairs / Halls Stairs / Halls Stairs - Top* - Top to Dim 50% (50)
      Apr-29 7:01:30 AM Event Event Trigger "House Overall Good Morning House"
      Apr-29 7:01:30 AM TTS Speak (json:OK, running the event Good Morning House
      Apr-29 7:01:30 AM Info Heard: yes
      Apr-29 7:01:24 AM TTS Speak (jsono you want me to run the event good morning house?
      Apr-29 7:01:24 AM Info Heard: run the event good morning house
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by pcourt View Post
        I should add that all the Sonos players are linked already via my Sonos app. I don't know if that matters.
        Yes it does. Not sure why it starts playing but not the radio station. The PI tries to send the commands to the right player (when grouped, one player is the master which can be controlled; all other grouped players are slaves and will refuse any commands).

Were the players grouped prior to the PI being started? The PI keeps track of all grouping and ungrouping of players, but if grouping happened when the PI was not running, maybe it didn't retrieve all relevant grouping data.

What you could do is add more actions, like unlinks but in your case, having x players do the same, use the link command. Create a linkgroup of the players you want to involve and than issue an HS command to link that group and subsequent send a play favorite to (only) the source player.

Do read up in the help file (tools->help->sonos)

Dirk

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
          Yes it does. Not sure why it starts playing but not the radio station. The PI tries to send the commands to the right player (when grouped, one player is the master which can be controlled; all other grouped players are slaves and will refuse any commands).

Were the players grouped prior to the PI being started? The PI keeps track of all grouping and ungrouping of players, but if grouping happened when the PI was not running, maybe it didn't retrieve all relevant grouping data.

What you could do is add more actions, like unlinks but in your case, having x players do the same, use the link command. Create a linkgroup of the players you want to involve and than issue an HS command to link that group and subsequent send a play favorite to (only) the source player.

Do read up in the help file (tools->help->sonos)

Dirk
          Thanks for the response. I tired a couple of things. I created a linkgroup like you mentioned.

But what I think did the trick is selecting a RadioStation instead of a Favorite. It works fine now. And I did use the link command. So now the first command is to link all the players together and the second is to have the master play a radiostation. I don't know if the Favorite thing is just bugged or something. Glad it works!

Comment

Working...
          X