To catch a thief

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To catch a thief

Helping an automation peer with Zoneminder connected to 4 CCTV IP HD cameras. Currently using Zoneminder video algorithms outside.

Side comment: not a real nice neighborhood. (Washington DC). I have suggested using wired outdoor PIR motion sensors connecting them to Elk M1 panel and using these sensors to trigger motion events on Zoneminder.

Yesterday police were all over the neighborhood chasing a purse snatcher.

Caught the thief jumping his back yard fence.

Automator provided short video to authorities. Not sure if it will help?

The attached frames are triggered frames which are 1900X1200 pixel size.

[ATTACH]61333[/ATTACH]
    Last edited by Pete; May 25, 2017, 07:33 AM.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Thats awesome!

Where I work, we have a camera system we sell to schools, hospitals, etc.
    We had one of the schools share a funny story with us.

It seems there was some altercation at the school and parents/students were summoned to the principals office. The parents each said "There is no way my son started anything!".
    The principal pulled up the video and showed the parents. He said it got real quiet, then the parents quietly apologized and dragged their kids out by the ear!

The video never lies
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Yet, there is still denial. They even installed cameras on the school buses at my wife's old school.

Student goes nutz on the bus, parent is called in for conference, and the result is that the parent admits the student in the video "looks" like her little darling, but it COULDN'T be him because "he just doesn't act that way."
      HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
      Home Assistant 2024.3
      Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
      Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
      Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
      WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
      AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

Just my professional opinion here but I see it all too often. Rookies like to install their security cameras as if they are taking a picture of their house. You know what your house looks like, what you want to see is the bad guy. If the camera was mounted on the house looking out you would have gotten a nice shot of his face. Not to mention any professional theif would disable the camera from behind before breaking into your house, I've seen it happen. My favorite trick is to put up a fake camera with a covert camera looking right at it. When they disable the fake one they get very proud of themselves and how smart they are. I know this because I can see it their face!
        https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

Working...
        X