This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Insteon Gateway from SimpleHomeNet

Now this looks promising. All of their modules so far have been rock solid. The best part is that it's flash upgradeable!

Let's see if this will work with Homeseer!

EZSrve INSTEON/X10 Home Automation Gateway - Model #5010L

EZSrve is a central gateway/controller that joins the devices in a powerline/RF automation network with a building or residential computer network. A built-in web (HTTP) server can be accessed from any web browser to monitor and control, as well as, set schedules and set events on the automation devices. EZSrve can also interface with other web or PC applications through an XML socket.

In addition to providing the facilities to manage control and monitoring of INSTEON/X10 devices, EZSrve maintains timers and events and has permanent storage so as to operate independently of a PC.

http://www.simplehomenet.com/prods.a...Servers_EZSrve
    Bryan
    Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
    Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Confused over integration options

So this looks like an interesting device but since today I either use HS and the PLM plugin or my Elk M1 and the PLC device to interface with Insteon I don't understand how this device or the ISY I keep hearing about fit in this picture. Is this device the same type of thing as the ISY? Has anyone heard if HS is planning to support either of these options and if so would that mean that the current HS Insteon plug-ins would no longer be required?

I am in no way trying to start any rumors about HS plans as I have heard nothing beyond the PLM focus for the past 6 months. I am just not sure how these other devices I keep hearing about might fit in the picture. If these devices would offer "one stop shopping" for Insteon configuration that could be used within HS and also for my entire Insteon network (I use Powerhome today) that would be awesome news to me.

I would also think that hardware vendors, or I guess software vendors for that matter, that offer Insteon configuration capabilities would want to work towards a generic interface so that one Insteon configuration solution could be used by multiple applications and you wouldn't need to purchase an ISY for the Elk-M1 and have a separate configuration within the HS plugin and then possibly this new device with its own configuration. Not only does having multiple devices get expensive but its difficult to have to maintain your configuration in multiple places.

Comment

So then this could replace the PLM......?? Nice that the Firmware can be upgraded....not sure why SH has not allowed this? Wouldn't that save on all the swapping and shipping?

Comment

Originally posted by mtwalsh367 View Post
        So this looks like an interesting device but since today I either use HS and the PLM plugin or my Elk M1 and the PLC device to interface with Insteon I don't understand how this device or the ISY I keep hearing about fit in this picture. Is this device the same type of thing as the ISY? Has anyone heard if HS is planning to support either of these options and if so would that mean that the current HS Insteon plug-ins would no longer be required?

I am in no way trying to start any rumors about HS plans as I have heard nothing beyond the PLM focus for the past 6 months. I am just not sure how these other devices I keep hearing about might fit in the picture. If these devices would offer "one stop shopping" for Insteon configuration that could be used within HS and also for my entire Insteon network (I use Powerhome today) that would be awesome news to me.

I would also think that hardware vendors, or I guess software vendors for that matter, that offer Insteon configuration capabilities would want to work towards a generic interface so that one Insteon configuration solution could be used by multiple applications and you wouldn't need to purchase an ISY for the Elk-M1 and have a separate configuration within the HS plugin and then possibly this new device with its own configuration. Not only does having multiple devices get expensive but its difficult to have to maintain your configuration in multiple places.
        the isy requires a plm

i agree that the homeseer and the isy would be cost prohibitive for most of us - with a working plm, the isy performs remarkably well - i don't have homeseer but i would bet it would too - the isy does not perform nearly as many functions and options as homeseer - and it does not try to - its target market is different than homeseer

Comment

Surely the SHN device is based on a PLM? If they'd rolled their own, *that* would be news.

Comment

SH is now listing this item http://www.smarthome.com/31279.html

Does anyone know if this will work with HS now or in the future?

Comment

From what I am reading and understanding which is minimal this product looks pretty good to me. Does anyone know yet if HS is looking at a possibility for a plug in for this? I currently have a Simplehomenet module and motion detector which works 110% of the time with 8 months of continous use.

:confused

Comment

Working...
              X