Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Accessing Favorites, SB URL's, music, etc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accessing Favorites, SB URL's, music, etc?

So is there any way to do anything other than hit on/off/play/pause/volume?

That is, can I select music from any of the many sources on the SB? Even local music/albums/songs?

Ideally I'd like to be able to browse and pick a song from Rhapsody, tune to a Sirius channel, play a playlist, and browse and pick a song from my local collection.

Is any of this possible with the plug-in?

My initial goal was to use it more as an interface for HS2 (display messages, IR control, device control from remote, etc). Since I started to add basic APIs/events to select music (though no browsing, list of songs, etc) in the current beta version; have a look at http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=133690. In the long term I hope to support the HS2 multizone and music APIs which will let you query, browse and browse albums, songs, etc

Comment

Let me know if you need any testing. I'm very interested in this plug-in as a method to control the SB from the touch screen. If it allowed for even just favorites and playlists, that would be huge. Ideal is the selection of Rhapsody music.

If you want help developing it, I could also help with that (no cost, and you can collect all the revenue from the plug in - I just want to have something that works and is thorough!).

Also - I can't get HSTouch to do anything with it. I've tied a button to the "Name" device, and I'm trying to turn it on/off, but it doesn't work at all.

Have you considered supporting a toggle action on the device? That seems to be standard with most of the other devices through HomeSeer, so it would be really nice to have, for example, one button in HSTouch that allows me to turn it on/off.

Anyway - have you had any success with tying buttons to the SB devices through HSTouch?

Comment

Originally posted by AbMagFAb View Post
        Let me know if you need any testing. I'm very interested in this plug-in as a method to control the SB from the touch screen. If it allowed for even just favorites and playlists, that would be huge. Ideal is the selection of Rhapsody music.
        I don't want to railroad this thread or the plug-in, but would something like below be of more help ?

Comment

Where did you get that from?

Comment

This plug-in, and even those pretty screenshots make me want to get off my duff and get HS reinstalled on a decent computer. I have one squeezebox on my main HT system and am planning to get a Boom for the bedroom soon. I tried using XAP for integration back in the Slimserver 6.5 days, but never could get it to do what I wanted very well.

I like the idea of having it all integrated, though in terms of a touchscreen interface for Windows, the Moose app is already there. You can't really tell from the screen caps, but it does have a touchscreen mode (and party mode to restrict user functions).

That said, this is a must-have plug-in for my household, and something I've been waiting on for over 2 years. Thanks PCP.

Comment

Where did you get that from?
              This is the new HSTouch interface with screens interfacing HomeSeer devices.
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                This is the new HSTouch interface with screens interfacing HomeSeer devices.
                There's nothing built-in to the current HSTouch that communicates with a SB. (I have and extensively use HSTouch 0.0.29.)

I'm asking where you got the plug-in to communicate with the SB. The current plug-in from pcb doesn't support most of what you are showing on those screen shots.

Is there another plug-in? Is there a third-party tool somewhere?

Comment

There's nothing built-in to the current HSTouch that communicates with a SB. (I have and extensively use HSTouch 0.0.29.)

I'm asking where you got the plug-in to communicate with the SB. The current plug-in from pcb doesn't support most of what you are showing on those screen shots.

Is there another plug-in? Is there a third-party tool somewhere?
                  I've written a HTML interface specifically to reside within a screen on HS Touch. It has all been coded up for touch use, although I do still have some screens to work on and tidy up esp colors and presentation. I was even able to get the screen scrollers done with graphics, see below (sorry for the titles in the playlist !).
                  There is still a lot of work to be done before it is ready for general release, but I use it every day with no real issues.

The Slim Server plug-in will still have its part to play for me, as I will want to trigger player startup on certain events.
                  So the two will go hand in hand quite well.

Comment

Is there a way in SC to have call a page using a skin that isn't the main skin?

I've found that using anything other than the default skin causes so many other problems, that it's basically a requirement.

But can I use a custom skin "on demand"? Or did you change your default SC skin to your custom skin?

Also - is there an easy way to embed an IE object within an HS Touch screen?

Comment

Yes. From HSTouch I call http://servername:9000/skin name. The only problem I've encountered is that when I call it from a web browser I need to always specify the skin name. On HST I use "touch". Everywhere else I use "default".

You can use the Label element as a html browser by setting the Text attribute to the url. Remember to set the IsHTML to true and AllowNavigation to true.

Comment

Awesome! Thanks!

The existing Touch skin is workable for now.

Is there any way to reset the URL? For example, if someone clicks on the "squeezebox" logo, they get taken to the SB home page. Can I reset the URL when the click on this screen?

Edit: Figured it out, using the Elements: Set URL action on a button.

This looks like it might be perfect for my touch screens!

Comment

So... would you mind posting or sending me the SC skin? It looks like you've incorporated some great modifications to the default Touch skin.

After using testing out the Touch skin for a bit, it's certainly functional enough, but you've definitly added some sorely needed things.

Thanks in advance!
                          -Mark

Comment

I agree with Mark, if you could share your SC skin, that would great.

Comment

I'll third that.

Thanks to this plug-in, I've reinstalled HS as a dev environment on my primary computer (for now) and am trying out HSTouch.

FYI to pcp, it worked great upon installation on a Vista 64 machine.

Comment

Working...
                              X