Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Controlling HS from Duet not working

Hi,
    just installed (Just dropped the new dll to root of HS) the "new" beta 3. Now when i use the Duet controller to control HS i get an error like this:
    mismatch tag at line 12, column 2, byte 602 at / barcket start c:\program~1\squeez~1\server\squeeze~1.exe\bracket end xml/parser.pm line 187

Seen this before?

No I have not. Based on the message it could be that one device is using non XML compliant characters in a string (device name for example and characters such as & for example).

Comment

Could you try the following to see if the XML is malformed or if the parsing in SqueezeCenter is the issue?

Using your web browser (IE or firefox), browse to the following URL "http://{hs2_host}:{hs2_port}/squeezebox?pg=xml&cmd=getall" replacing {hs2_host} with the host name where hs2 is running and {hs2_port} with the port number of the HS2 web server. If you use Firefox, you will have to show Sources (right click in browser and select View Page Sources). It will should the XML document containing the menus. Scroll through to see if it mentions something about being malformed. If you are not sure, you can mail me the content and I will check it.

Comment

Hi,
        i think that there is missing an closing / in

outline text="Devices"

The error message is in norwegian. The word "forventet" = expected

</pre>
        Attached Files

Comment

A quick look at source.txt tells me that the plug-in was not able to build valid XML for the devices; it should list the devices, including a closure </outline>, list events, etc...

Could you check the plug-in log output (the HS2 log by default but you might have re-routed to its specific log file). It should include error messages with information giving us a clue why it could not generate the XML structure (entries will contain "SlimServerXML"). My intuition (and based on errors I had at some point with my configuration), one or mode device name include invalid XML characters. Let us know

Comment

Problem is solved.

Found this in the error log: Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: 'Sensor Display. This is the name of an RFXCOM device that i had twice, but with diferent housecode. So deleted that one, and everything is now OK.

Thanks for your help. This i should have been able to solve myself.
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X