No announcement yet.

Environment Canada Weather plugin - HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which version of the plugin are you using? I can't re-create this with 3.0.0.12 and the feed you are using.

Comment

I'm using 3.0.0.12 on Linux and HS3 (3.0.0.147).
      After restarting just the plugin it now works.
      So something "got hung up on 'eacute'" so there is some corruption in there somewhere.

As far as operating on Linux goes just the Background image path seems to have the wrong slashes. There are obviously some missing icons but those are easily added once found. Everything else just works so far.

Comment

I have yet to try HS3 on Linux. Sounds like it's sort-of working... When I get a chance I will see if I can get a Linux build going to test with.

Comment

This update attempts to fix any path issues when used with Linux. I don't have HS3 running on Linux yet so I can't test this but the plugin replaces '\' with '/' in file paths if the OS is Linux.

If you are not using Linux, I would stick with 3.0.0.12 as the only other changes were minor.

Just copy over the EXE if you are upgrading as nothing has changed in the folders.

Comment

Hi

The alerts seem to be broken. For ottawa (https://weather.gc.ca/rss/city/on-52_e.xml), the warnings_tilte is "IN EFFECT, Ottawa (Richmond - Metcalfe)"

Any chance on an update?

Comment

The plugin is displaying whatever is in the Environment Canada feed.

They have been publishing some odd weather warnings recently. If this continues, and if I can find a consistency to their format, I will look at creating a filter. For now I am going to monitor with the hope they clean up the feeds.

Comment

The Alerts are having the same problem all across the country not just Ottawa.

Comment

Last edited by goldriver; April 9, 2016, 06:47 AM.

Comment

Make sure you have the backgrounds folder under the html/images/envcan folder. I don't think I check if it's there so if it's not the plugin will throw an error. I you copy everything over from the zip, the folder structure should be ok.

The Parse page does not do what you are asking. It parses the weather feed, and allows phrases to be mapped to weather icons and backgrounds. It should be obvious once you can get into the parse page.

Comment

I have created a screen in HS Touch that displays the next five days forecast. If i open up the screen in the day it gives me the next 5 days. If i open it at night it gives the next 5 nights. Is there away to always show daytime or night time forecast. I wanted to build 2 separate screens, 1 for daytime forecasts and 1 for nighttime forecasts.

Comment

Hide Device from the device utility page

If I hide from the device utility page all the Weather devices created by this plug-in, they become unhidden when regenerated. Is there a way to have them permanently hidden?

Comment

I'm still new-ish to Homeseer. Can anyone describe to me how I install this plugin by what appears as a manual task?

I see alot of threads talking about install.txt but this zip does not have one.

Comment

Originally posted by iDVB View Post
                            I'm still new-ish to Homeseer. Can anyone describe to me how I install this plugin by what appears as a manual task?

I see alot of threads talking about install.txt but this zip does not have one.
                            Just drop the exe in the root folder of HS3 and the other files into the folders shown in the zip. Then go to the Plug-Ins Manage page and you should be able to enable it.

Cheers
                            Al

PS The latest version is here: https://sites.google.com/site/b123cdd/
                            HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                            Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Is there a way that UV readings can be added or are they not in the feed?

Comment

Originally posted by YvMo View Post
                                Is there a way that UV readings can be added or are they not in the feed?
                                Latest version includes a new device for forecast 1&2 that captures the UV index.

https://sites.google.com/site/b123cdd
                                Last edited by chrisgo; May 5, 2017, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X