No announcement yet.

Nanoleaf Aurora

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That went easier than i would of thought. Thanks for the script, works great. Can now the remove the IFTTT configuration that i had previously.

Comment

Cool. Glad to help.

Maybe one day someone much more skilled than myself will write a proper plugin that read the stored effects and works in both directions.

But until then I'm happy with the basic script.

Cheers, M.

Originally posted by theplant View Post
      That went easier than i would of thought. Thanks for the script, works great. Can now the remove the IFTTT configuration that i had previously.
      iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

Hi, thanks for the script -- I've just started with Homeseer and have a Nanoleaf Aurora that I'd love to integrate. Two dumb questions:

1) I have a Hometroller SEL PRO, will this still with with a VB script?

2) Is there any way to try and get the Aurora formally supported/have a plugin written for it? The reason I switched to Homeseer was its huge compatibility, so it's really disappointing to realise it doesn't support this!

Comment

I'mnot familiar with the Hometroller, so not sure how you setup up scripts. My system runs on Windows so I just put the scriipts in the script folder. You'll have to search the forums to find out how to add scripts to a Hometroller.

And as far as a plugin goes, I'm not skilled enough to make plugins. You'll have to convince someone like Blade or Ultra to give it a go. A proper plugin would be awsome.

M

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

Originally posted by bazyr View Post
            Hi, thanks for the script -- I've just started with Homeseer and have a Nanoleaf Aurora that I'd love to integrate. Two dumb questions:

1) I have a Hometroller SEL PRO, will this still with with a VB script?

2) Is there any way to try and get the Aurora formally supported/have a plugin written for it? The reason I switched to Homeseer was its huge compatibility, so it's really disappointing to realise it doesn't support this!
            Price has gone down a bit looking at Amazon so I might purchase and write a plugin for it. I'm just trying to think of a suitable place for it to go, if I decide on it I'll post it back here.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
              Price has gone down a bit looking at Amazon so I might purchase and write a plugin for it. I'm just trying to think of a suitable place for it to go, if I decide on it I'll post it back here.
              I'm happy to be a beta tester if that is of any help.

Comment

yaaay

That sounds promising! Hopeful thanks in advance

For what it's worth, I got a starter set and one expansion (three extra triangles) and it looks bloody awesome. Really nicely designed piece of kit. Extremely bright if you need it to be, too.

I'd love to develop some skills with coding. I'm not quite starting from scratch, but almost: I dabbled in visual basic as a kid, and I'm now trying to teach myself R to help with work. Do you have any pointers for where to go if someone wants to start out with things like writing plugins for this?

Comment

Originally posted by bazyr View Post
                  That sounds promising! Hopeful thanks in advance

For what it's worth, I got a starter set and one expansion (three extra triangles) and it looks bloody awesome. Really nicely designed piece of kit. Extremely bright if you need it to be, too.

I'd love to develop some skills with coding. I'm not quite starting from scratch, but almost: I dabbled in visual basic as a kid, and I'm now trying to teach myself R to help with work. Do you have any pointers for where to go if someone wants to start out with things like writing plugins for this?
                  I've purchased and will see how I get on with them in terms of writing a plugin. In terms of writing plugins then you sound a bit similar to myself in that I dabbled in VB6 when I was at college and then picked up writing scripts and then plugins for HS some years later. If I can impart any wisdom from my journey is that plugins are not trivial and the jump from writing a script to a fully integrated plugin can be significant. I'd start by a couple of scripts and if possible avoid VBScript style commands that will likely work but it's good practice (UCase vs. String.ToUpper etc) to move away from that.

Both scripts and plugins have their place, scripts are easier to look through and establish what is happening but they are limited in their capability. Plugins have functions that can be called left right and centre and it can be at times a bit tough to really find out what is going on especially if you develop a plugin on a live HS system as there are other variables at play then.

Personally I would think of a relatively simple problem you want to solve that you can't do from the in built HS event engine. Something like running through the hard drives on your system and populating the space left on a HS device or something, or running some more complex if...then type things that you can't do in HS natively.

Comment

Originally posted by mminehan View Post
                    I'm happy to be a beta tester if that is of any help.
                    Well I have started on the plugin but this one will I think need more thought and planning than I normally put into a plugin (not normally a lot, usually make it up as I go along!) because of the complex effects that are going to need some working out regarding how I integrate them with the HS events controls (or if I have a web page to define the effects then trigger them from the events). I'll get in touch when I have something to test with.

Comment

I'm making good progress with the plugin but wondering the following;

1) Does anyone use the rhythm module?

2) Would people need support creating effects (I'd add the ability to create temporary effects) from the plugin?

3) Is anyone using more than one set of panels?

Comment

2) Would people need support creating effects (I'd add the ability to create temporary effects) from the plugin?

Hi

I use the rhythm module.

I don't create effects and just have the one set.

Looking forward to your solution.

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk

Comment

1) I don't have a rhythm module.
                          2) I don't need to create effects. Just need access to the library of effects that I have downloaded with the app (e.g. "bedtime', 'color burst', 'flames' etc).
                          3) I only have one set, but am thinking of getting a second set in the future.

Thanks for working on this by the way. Let me know if you need any help testing.
                          Marty

Comment

Thanks guys, I'd made it multi instance (so as to support more than one set of panels) already but I'll test before sending it anyone. Not having the need to change effects from the unit should hopefully make things easier and I hope to have something ready to go by the weekend.

Comment

The documentation is attached to this post but in short you have to;

1) Enable the plugin and go into the plugin settings page, enter your IP address. BEFORE you press update hold down the power button on your Nanoleaf device until the LED's flash alternately. THEN click update and check the HS log to see whether it has connected.

2) If it has connected you should get the devices appear, if not try a restart of the plugin. If that fails check your Nanoleaf3P.ini file and see what is in there, see whether or not the IP/auth token are populated.

Things I am interested in knowing;

1) If anyone uses Linux then I can't see anything obvious to cause an issue but my VM is tedious to fire up and test it, if someone is willing that would help me

2) The Rhythm module I have tried to support as I think it needs to but could do with clarification of it working

Download

Please download this from the HS3 updater - PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NOT A HS4 PLUGIN - ANY COMPATIBILITY IS NOT GUARANTEED

Release Notes

0.0.0.1 - 31/03/2018 - Initial Beta Release
                              0.0.0.2 - 15/04/2018 - Minor Formatting Changes
                              0.0.0.5 - 19/05/2018 - Fixes for multi instance plugins
                              0.0.0.6 - 22/06/2019 - Added device control for random effect
                              0.0.0.7 - 20/07/2019 - Fix to deal with v 3.1.3 of the Nanoleaf API
                              0.0.0.9 - 11/07/2020 - Removed web page that was of no use, removed dead documentation link.

Documentation

Attached to this post
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by mrhappy; July 5, 2018, 10:35 AM.

Comment

I am having a token issue.

The documentation link is not working for me, so i followed the instruction in the post.

Result from the log:

Apr-01 11:55:46 AM Nanoleaf 3P Nanoleaf Plugin Startup Complete
                                Apr-01 11:55:46 AM Nanoleaf 3P Issue With Token - Try Again (see documentation!)
                                Apr-01 11:55:46 AM Nanoleaf 3P Nanoleaf Web Exception: The operation has timed out
                                Apr-01 11:55:40 AM Nanoleaf 3P Attempting to obtain authorisation token from Nanoleaf device
                                Apr-01 11:55:40 AM Nanoleaf 3P No Auth Token Found
                                Apr-01 11:55:40 AM Nanoleaf 3P Authorisation Token: NA
                                Apr-01 11:55:40 AM Nanoleaf 3P IP Address: 168.192.x.xxx
                                Apr-01 11:55:40 AM Nanoleaf 3P Nanoleaf Plugin Started
                                Apr-01 11:54:05 AM Nanoleaf 3P Nanoleaf Plugin Startup Complete

The INI file only contains the IPAdress parameter. Having the previous script working, i know what my token is so i'm guess that i will need to put it in the INI file. Were you expecting to have it auto discover?

Comment

Working...
                                X