Relays turning on and off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Relays turning on and off

I'm new with this Plug-in and got my board working using WiFi. I'm using the Arduino Beta with a WEMO D1 R1 to control a relay (as a test). The problem I have is every couple of minutes the relay toggles off and on. It seems to happen whenever the board updates. My main question is why this is happening and why does the board keep reconnecting and updating? I'm sure this is not normal. I would think that once it is connected, it would stay connected.
    Attached Files

by what you have posted from your log, it is updating the watts being used. I see nowhere in your log where the relay is toggling off/on.

Comment

The watts are from a fibaro switch not the arduino. Every time it updates the pins, the relay goes off then bacl on.

Comment

You are correct that this should not happen. Where are you powering the relay from? If you power it directly from the board it might be pulling down the power enough to reset the board and the relay.

Greig.
        Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
        X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
        Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
        Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
        Scripts =
        Various

Comment

opps my bad...not enough coffee hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
            You are correct that this should not happen. Where are you powering the relay from? If you power it directly from the board it might be pulling down the power enough to reset the board and the relay.

Greig.
            Yes, powered from the board. Heading down to the workshop to power it from a wall wart and see what happens.

Comment

Well, that didn't work, relay still switching on and off. Have another brand new board, will try that one tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by labbie48 View Post
                Well, that didn't work, relay still switching on and off. Have another brand new board, will try that one tonight.
                If you can not get it to work I have a D1 somewhere I can try.
                If you capture a debug log and send it to me I might see better what is going on.
                Greig.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
                Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
                X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
                Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
                Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
                Scripts =
                Various

Comment

Solved! Opened up a new board and set it up as board #2 and BAM, it works. What are the chances that the first board I try (being new at this) turns out to be bad! That would make anyone question their own ability!

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
                  X