Discovery fails for some Z-Wave nodes previously found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discovery fails for some Z-Wave nodes previously found

I've been adding a number of events in HomeSeer to control Z-Wave devices that I want to execute via Alexa Smart Home enabled voice commands. As a result, I've been running Alexa "discovery" multiple times. I noticed that 2 of my HS nodes have disappeared from Alexa's list of discovered devices. (I have 9 total devices that were originally discovered - this dropped to 7). One node is an HS-WS200+ switch and the other an HS-WD200+ switch.

Both devices remained controllable via HS. I checked that voice control box was ticked (in fact nothing was changed on those nodes, they just disappeared upon one of the discovery actions).

I tried forgetting all devices then re-adding them. I disabled the HomeSeer SmartHome skill (and also the HomeSeer Home Automation Skill) and then re-enabled them and re-ran discovery. No Joy

Finally, I removed the nodes in HomeSeer and re-added them. Then I re-ran discovery in the Alexa app and the two devices were discovered. Has anyone seen this before? Any guesses as to the cause and how to keep it from recurring or fix it if it does?

Thanks.
    Phil

Current Date/Time: 5/28/2018 9:32:58 AM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.435
    Linux version: Linux HomeTrollerZeeS2V2 4.1.19-v7+ #858 SMP Tue Mar 15 15:56:00 GMT 2016 armv7l GNU/Linux System Uptime: 8 Days 16 Hours 45 Minutes 47 Seconds
    IP Address: 10.0.20.91
    Number of Devices: 26
    Number of Events: 17
    Available Threads: 392
    HSTouch Enabled: True
    Event Threads: 0
    Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
    Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
    Device Exec Queue: 0
    HSTouch Event Queue: 0
    Email Send Queue: 0
    Anti Virus Installed: