Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ArduinoUNO Relay Output Not Updating in HS3

Hello,
    I have set up 2 ArduinoUNO boards with associated relay boards to operate ceiling fans and the sprinklers. I already have 5 NodeMCU boards, so these are boards 6 & 7. These two Arduino are non-API setups and do work as expected. However, I have set up the sprinklers in events to cycle through the various watering zones. As the event progresses, I noticed that the on/off status of the device for the particular relay does not change, and the "Last Change" time stamp does not get updated. This appears to be the case for the Arduino controlling the ceiling fans as well.
    On a side note that may be related, I had to invert the output in order to actually show the relay was off. The status graphics only have one graphic range entry, and that is for "blink". I am sure that I have run into the non-changing status before and found that I have to manually add a "on" and "off" graphic. Since then I have stopped and restarted HS3 (running HS3 version 386 Linux on a Pii). It seems like the graphic definitions go away and reset back to default of blink only. At one point during some testing, I had removed all single values and graphic values except on and off. After restarting HS3, they all came back.
    Has anyone else run into this?
    Thanks,
    David

I have not seen that behavior on my system. I have 1 Uno, 3 Mega and 4 NodeMCU boards, all standard (non API) sketches. All of my output devices are properly created when the pin is added and they have retained their configuration across restarts.

What version of the plug-in are you running?
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I am using the Beta 1.0.0.147

This may only be happening because I have inverted the output. I haven't confirmed that though.
      David

Comment

All of my devices were properly created as well. However, if there are any changes to those defaults, that is where I am having the issue.
        David

Comment

Originally posted by dsieg61 View Post
          All of my devices were properly created as well. However, if there are any changes to those defaults, that is where I am having the issue.
          David
          I know the author has the plug-in set the VS/VG pairs to default on startup, that is why he added the invert option, so that it would survive. People were inverting the values, which would go back to default at a restart. Inversion is only required if your relay drivers are not active high as the board would look for. Many relays (all that I use) have a jumper to invert the action on the relay board. Greig wrote that he had no way of testing for user edited VS/VG pairs, making it necessary to return the devices to the proper values at restart. For that reason he has stated that it is best not to edit the devices.

This should not cause the On and Off values to disappear. You wrote "I have to manually add a "on" and "off" graphic". I am assuming you just added the graphics, the values were already there. On and Off graphics need not be declared unless you are using different graphics than the HS default. HomeSeer default graphics are applied based upon a match to the Status as compared to the graphic name. They do not need to be individually defined under Status Graphic, unless you want something different from the default. On will use On.gif, Off will use Off.gif, etc. The Default graphics may be .gif or .png files, the device will use either, if the graphic name is the same as the Status text.

What changes are you needing to make to the devices? Other than inverting the output, no changes should be needed. A normal Arduino output device should look like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture1.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	8.6 KB
ID:	1197236

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	1197235
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment