This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fee structure

This plugin looks very promising for what I am looking for.

After looking through your web site I noticed that your prices listed on your commerce web page are for a 1 year license.

Is that the case if we purchase through Homeseer?

Comment

any screenshots so we can see what is there???
      HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

A few more questions

You feature set mentions:

Stores all device values to one centrally accessible database.
        Any device value can be logged to an external database.
        Logging can be enabled per device.
        Device values can be scaled to meet specific preferences.

The feature only mention device values. Can it store device status as well?

Not all devices have a meaningful value, i.e., motion sensors, light detectors, etc. These are binary or discrete values of on/off, light/dark, motion/no-motion. I am still intersted in being able to collect these items and chart them over time.

My last post was about licensing issues. Your website talks about a 1 year license. If I purchase DeviceLogger Continuous HomeSeer plug-in through Homeseer do I have to re-purchase again in 1 year?

Is there a homeseer version of DeviceLogger User? Without the User portion, collecting and storing data is useless. So, will the User version be available through Homeseer or will I have to buy it direct from you and then re-purchase every year? What happens if I buy it the first year and then do not re-purchase again? Does it stop working or do I just not get new upgrades?

Lots of questions!

Answers?????

Comment

Bump.

Where are ye gone to ???

Comment

Dear slayer, FeMan and TeleFragger,

I just noticed that I have been missing forum notifications since 30 december. I am so sorry. I will go through the posts today.

Regards,
            Joost.

Comment

@slayer,

About the error you are receiving:
              30/12/2012 07:55:00 - DLCv1 Error - [Main] Writing data to datasource failed. The message is: Write logging values: Syntax error (missing operator) in query expression '''2', 'Last Motion', '', 'DooMotion Plugin', 1, '-', True, #12/30/2012 07:55:00#, #12/30/2012 07:55:00#, #1/1/2001 00:00:00#)'.

It looks like the 'code' field ('''2') is not properly sanitized, the " character cannot be used in MS Access. Are you using the MS Access database?

This would also explain why a portion of your devices is being logged. The devices up to the device "2.

There are 2 solutions (besides me fixing sanitization):
              1. Open DeviceLogger Admin and disable logging for this device (and all other devices starting with ")
              2. Switch to the MySQL database (recommended).

About your question:
              "Is there somewhere the number of devices logged can be altered".

This can be done with DeviceLogger Admin.

Regards,
              Joost.

Comment

@FeMan,

In response to your questions:

1. The HomeSeer plugin is a one time purchase and is sold through the HomeSeer store. The licenses for the DeviceLogger User and Admin applications, sold via Share-It store, are 1 year licenses. This means that after a year a new license needs to be bought to keep on using the application. For an introduction video about the DeviceLogger suite of products see: http://www.youtube.com/devicelogger, each product has a different use and license.

2. "The feature only mention device values. Can it store device status as well?"
                Only device values are stored. Binary & Discrete statuses have a value associated with it. This can be 0/1 or 0/255, the later can be scaled by DeviceLogger to output 0/1. This way it is possible to plot these devices over time.

Hope this will answer your questions, if you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
                Joost.

Comment

@TeleFragger,

"any screenshots so we can see what is there???" I guess this was in response to slayers error message?

Regards,
                  Joost.

Comment

Joaster

What is the expected update release date for the next update to Device Logger Continuous? I would like to have my log file cleaned up.

Comment

Dear Ken,

The expected next release date of DeviceLogger Continuous is start of february. The code for choosing the level of logging is already integrated.

Regards,
                      Joost.

Comment

Dear Joost

Thanks.

Comment

Joaster,

Thanks for your input. I think you are offering good advice about moving to MySql . Do I have to un install the plug and then reinstall to select the MYSQL option or can I alter the logging database on the fly??

Regs

Liam

Comment

Liam,

You can alter it on the fly in the file "<HS-Folder>\Config\DL-Continuous-V1.ini".

===
                            [DataSource]
                            DataSource=MySQL

[MySQL]
                            Host=<ip-address>
                            Database=<databasename>
                            User=<username>
                            Password=<password>
                            ===

Create the database and users according to this instruction (http://www.devicelogger.com/dlc-installation-database) if you are using phpMyAdmin.

Before editing the configuration file I would make the event in HomeSeer manually triggered. This way you can test the database manually. When all works fine revert to Recurring again.

Regards,
                            Joost.

Comment

Just tried to download the plugin from updater.
                              Any suggestion?
                              Attached Files
                              Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
                              --
                              Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
                              Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Dear tonlof,

According to your signature you are using 64-bit Windows. Please read this instruction (http://www.devicelogger.com/dlc-install-64bit-windows) and when you are planning on using MS Access as database read this instruction (http://www.devicelogger.com/msaccess-64bit) too.

Regards,
                                Joost.

Comment

Working...
                                X