Speak Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speak Options

There are a couple of things in Options I don't quite get and I don't see anything in the Help.

There's a Speak checkbox and then a Shutdown minutes to speak. What exactly do they do?
    Regards,
    Michael

HS3, W10 Home, HSTouch, W800, Z-Stick+

Originally posted by Fuddy View Post
    There are a couple of things in Options I don't quite get and I don't see anything in the Help.

There's a Speak checkbox and then a Shutdown minutes to speak. What exactly do they do?
    If you click on speak and then add a amount in minutes box, HS will count down those minutes.
    Hector
    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
    AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

So, is it every minute while on battery hs will speak the number of minutes of power that are remaining? Or does it speak every minute the number of minutes it's been on battery?

Sorry if this seems obvious, but I don't quite see it. My hs box is plugged into an external whole house audio system that is not on ups so if there's a power failure I'm not going to hear anything from hs. I'm trying to figure out if this option might make me rethink that.
      Regards,
      Michael

Comment

I will have a look when I get home tonight and let you know
        Cheers,
        Bob
        Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by Fuddy View Post
          So, is it every minute while on battery hs will speak the number of minutes of power that are remaining? Or does it speak every minute the number of minutes it's been on battery?

Sorry if this seems obvious, but I don't quite see it. My hs box is plugged into an external whole house audio system that is not on ups so if there's a power failure I'm not going to hear anything from hs. I'm trying to figure out if this option might make me rethink that.
          It will count down every min. while in battery, when back on AC it will say "power has been restored". You need to plugin your whole hs audio to a ups if not you won't hear what HS is announcing. This is a helpful practice since it will protect your audio system.
          Hector
          MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
          AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
            It will count down every min. while in battery ...
            If that's true then what's the point of entering the number of minutes?
            Regards,
            Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
              I will have a look when I get home tonight and let you know
              Bump...
              Regards,
              Michael

Comment

If you enable speaking then it will speak when there is a power failure and power restore.
                The speaking minutes will do a countdown when the power fails.
                Cheers,
                Bob

Comment

I keep getting the same reply - that I don't understand. Let me try to articulate a couple of possibilities and maybe you can tell me which one it is or if it's something else.

With Speaking checked and 10 in the Shutdown Minutes To Speak BLUPS on power fail will:
                  1. Every minute speak some sort of phrase like "n minutes to shutdown", decrement n and repeat until 10 is reached and then shutdown HS.
                  2. It will do the above but not shutdown - just stop counting.
                  3. It will say something like "HS has been running on battery for n minutes" every minute until 10 is reached.
                  4. It will say something like "There is n% (or n mins) of life remaining" every minute until 10 is reached.

I suspect it is something like #2, but wish it were #1.

I am currently using this in conjunction with BLShutdown to shutdown HS if battery level reaches 15, but it would be nice if something were available in the BLUPS options.
                  Regards,
                  Michael

Comment

Cheers,
                    Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
                      Thanks, I think my confusion was with the phrase "Shutdown minutes to speak" in that there's no "shutdown" and no indication of what is spoken or how often - only that it will speak something for that amount of minutes.

Thanks for clearing it up.
                      Regards,
                      Michael

Comment

Working...
                      X