LG WebOS Smart TV Remotes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG WebOS Smart TV Remotes?

Hi just wondering if your thinking about implementing a lg web os smart tv remote into this plugin as I would LOVE to have the ability to control the tv's power status as well!
    Thanks

I guess it must be possible - I have an app on my phone that controls mine. If that can access the TV.......!

Comment

Originally posted by matt246 View Post
      Hi just wondering if your thinking about implementing a lg web os smart tv remote into this plugin as I would LOVE to have the ability to control the tv's power status as well!
      Thanks
      Sorry but I've been only adding proprietary extensions for things that I have. I have zero LG devices around the house.

Dirk

Comment

No problems thanks for letting me know at least, and btw I think someone was asking if LG TVs suppor wol I think they do but only the 2.0 ones (TVs from the year 2015 and after) as the app says you just have to allow it on your TV options.

Comment

I wrote a script a few days ago that controls 2012-2013 LG Smart TVs through their web interface. Problem with LG is that they change their OS every couple of years so the scripts likely won't work with 2011 and older or 2014 and newer. I haven't found a way to power on the 2012-2013 series yet. It can be powered off remotely, but not turned on. I'll post my scripts later this week.

Cheers
          Al
          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Oh thanks sparkman, you have amazing scripts that you've give to this forum.

From the way the mobile app described it it seems only certain models (webos 2.0 and later) can be powered on if it says in the settings "Mobile TV On" it takes the mac address as an argument which makes me assume that its using WOL.

Comment

Has anyone found a solution to controlling lg TV WebOS 1.x yet?

Comment

Just so I'm certain... This plugin will not help me control my LG OLED B6 in any way, correct? Is MQTT my only option?
                HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
                Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

Originally posted by mrceolla View Post
                  Just so I'm certain... This plugin will not help me control my LG OLED B6 in any way, correct? Is MQTT my only option?
                  What year is this TV? I recently got it working on an E7 but I need to fix a few things, as the remote doesn't always become active easily. Recommend you install latest version (33) and see what's up. I actually got little messages working on my latest version that I plan to post as soon as I find time to fix the discovery problems.
                  Whether it works or not, I would appreciate if you could turn the PI's debug flag on (config page) before you try to add the remote device and post that log.

Comment

It's about a year since I purchased it back in Oct 2017. Not sure what "model year" it is. Do you think it will work?
                    HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
                    Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

Actually just released version 34 in beta section of updater. Try that version!

Comment

It's about a year since I purchased it back in Oct 2017. Not sure what "model year" it is. Do you think it will work?
                        Try it :-)
                        Just realized that LG also has a TV Emulator which at first glance supports WebOS v1,2,3 so I could try it out against older versions

Comment

While testing some more, I realized I need to do some more work. Suggest you don't test yet. I'll let you know when ready.

Comment

Version .35 was just posted in the updater in the beta section.

I spend a lot of effort on adding the LG remote control functions so I hope you like it. Here's a bit of background HOW LG in their WebOS TVs implemented remote functions

It appears they have a different treatment what I would call "old style" remote, which you can see buttons for under the "remote" device. It is your typical channel up/down, numbers, vol up/down etc.

The "newstyle remote", where you can select input, channels and applications is captured under the "status" device. This device will update based on which channel, input or app is playing.

You actually open two websockets to communicate differently for the two "styles" of remotes.

There are also volume and mute buttons.

After you install the PI and devices are discovered, you go to PI's config page, look for the LG device with type "remote". When you click on the "add" button, make sure you are in front of your TV because a pop-up (should) appear and you of course need to confirm it. After that, no more need to click on allow unless you "revoke pairing".

Now that the remote is authenticated, go to the device page and first click on the "create app & Channel and Input buttons". This will query the TV and actually all the TV publishes. You must do this first. Now that the PI knows what services the TV has, now by clicking the "create remote buttons" that will now create the devices and buttons and you are ready to control your WebOS LG TV.

You turn the TV on with the WOL (Wake on Lan) which is a button that is part of the master "device". It is there because it ignores the state of the device. The power off is under the "remote" section.

Let me know how it goes. As always TAKE TRACES !! My crystal ball is really not that good to say what's wrong if you write "it doesn't work".

Cheers,

Dirk

Comment

Screenshot teaser Click image for larger version

Name:	LG.png
Views:	1009
Size:	457.1 KB
ID:	1252689

Comment

Working...
                              X