This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple images to display and view.

This is going to apply for a few different things, one being an image viewer, another to view webcam history.

I'm trying to figure out what the best way to go about this in hstouch is going to be.

I've got a script right now that parses a webcam page for the latest images. They get labeled something like this:
    20081125_235014.jpg
    20081125_232631.jpg
    20081125_173805.jpg
    20081125_171935.jpg
    This list is going to change anytime the camera application gets another image, then it gets added to the top of this list.

I add a URL to the front of those image filenames and HSTouch can bring them up, the problem is that the list changes, and I don't want to store 50 virtual devices holding the filenames for me.

I've thought about making some scripting commands that would just update a staticly named image on the homeseer web directory. Say WebCam.jpg and thumb1.jpg thumb2.jpg etc...

Using that technique I would be creating 2 screens, one with thumbs, and one with the full image. The script in the background would do the rest. The thumbs could be updated based on page, and the selected image could be updated based on the script command of selecting one of the thumbs locations times the page number.

This works up until I want to have two clients connected, and both happen to be looking at different images from the webcam history.

I thought about trying to populate a listbox and be able to select the image thus updating the image path? Don't know if that's possible, and I don't know if I can dynamically populate a listbox or dropdown list in HSTouch.

Can anyone else think of some ways to do this?
    Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Joe
    Just a thought..........
    Rather than try to bend HSTouch to do somethaing that just maybe it isn't designed to do, or will never achieve quite what you want.........
    You say that you have a script to get the images, why not extend that to;
    Create a web page that has the functionality that you do want and display that within HSTouch instead ??

Just a 2p offering

Comment

I suppose I could, I can already view them (webcam images) in the webpages, and those pages are ugly, and it just doesn't feel right as part of the touchscreen interface...

I've also noticed the browser feature on HSTouch when I'm using my windows mobile phone is just annoying and doesn't look right to me, doesn't support JavaScript as well as some other things that would be nice.

I don't think it's impossible to do this with HSTouch, so I don't feel like I'm pushing it too hard.

I work as a web application developer, and I think the web has it place, but here I'm looking for faster response, and more features than what I could get out of a phone's web browser.

Also, it's the same reason I don't just load up homeseer in a browser on one of my touchscreens. It's ugly and there is too much information for a touch interface.
      Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

Working...
      X