Bryant Evolution / Carrier Infinity Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

David,
    Your plug-in is amazing. I found this thread, and site, as I'm wanting to log the temperature and humidity from my Carrier Infinity (thermostat model SYSTXCCITW01) and hoped there would be some way to do this by collecting the data sent to/from the wifi thermostat.

I have 2 of these thermostats, and can see the settings and current status on both of them cleanly in Homeseer, without much delay of updated data (temp & RH,) and can control temp set points on both stats, with little timeout or other connectivity issues others mentioned. A previous post in this thread asked if the plugin was capable of changing the mode to "fan only" and while I can't do that, I can change the mode from Cool to Heat. I also haven't had any trouble running the MyInfinity iPhone app while playing with this in HS3. Not sure if you still need them, but I'm happy to upload the plugin's enhanced logs if you want ones from functioning systems.

As said, I just found this forum and downloaded the demo version of Homeseer, so even to a complete newbie, your plugin instructions were excellent. As others here have mentioned, I am happy to pay for this, and when you mentioned you could use these funds to pay for a HS Developer License, I would argue to HS that you are bringing them business, as if this works like I need it to, I'll pay for HS3 after my 30-day demo expires!

Because I'm a newbie to Homeseer, (or perhaps because I'm an idiot as well,) I'm finding it difficult (without adding/buying another plugin) to save my temperature and humidity data to a CSV file for further analysis. I've looked through the HS3 documentation, even watched their Youtube videos, but don't see an easy way to do this. If some of the HS3 guru's here could point me to a place walking me through that, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by ; August 12, 2016, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Where is this plugin, I cannot seem to find a download for it?
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Bryant Evolution / Carrier Infinity Plugin

Here ya go rich.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=173068

Comment

Any updates on what causes the thermostats to disconnect from the Carrier server if we enable the plugin? Is it a config setting, or incompatibility with the newer carrier thermostats, or?? I'm using 250 Stream Read Timeout, 10 remote read timeout, and Proxy 8081, with 'Proxy Only' turned OFF.
          Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by CJVann View Post
            Any updates on what causes the thermostats to disconnect from the Carrier server if we enable the plugin? Is it a config setting, or incompatibility with the newer carrier thermostats, or?? I'm using 250 Stream Read Timeout, 10 remote read timeout, and Proxy 8081, with 'Proxy Only' turned OFF.
            Thanks!
            Those are the same settings I have, maybe it is your firewall on your HS3 server that wont allow it to connect to the outside server.

Comment

Originally posted by CJVann View Post
              Thanks!
              I've still got the same issue too. I've tried everything. I don't think it's drule's app at all. As I've tried downloading standalone Proxy servers which should be completely hidden to the apps/devices (such as the Bryant/Carrier thermostat) connecting through it. And they all seem to cause the same issue of the thermostat intermittently disconnecting. Everything points to it being a firewall issue, but I can't find anything that would be blocking it. Maybe its some hidden security feature of my router? Who knows... but I REALLY want this to work. But I just can't figure it out.

Comment

Thanks for the follow-up(s). With it intermittently connecting, I didn't think about it being a firewall or router issue. I'm not totally convinced the thermostat actually connects, even though it shows it does. I was never able to change the temperature or anything with their app, and the weather never showed up on the thermostat, until I disabled the proxy server.

For comparison, I'm on Xfinity/Comcast with their standard Norton Security Suite.

Comment

I'm also on Comcast, but I'm running homeseer on Linux. Drule is using a fairly standard proxy server app within his app. So, it got me thinking to try a different proxy server. I figure if I can't connect my thermostat to the Bryant/carrier services with even that, drules app wouldn't stand a chance. And sure enough, I can't connect through any proxy. Yet any other app (such as a simple web browser), when programmed to go through a proxy, works just fine.

So, it's either the thermostat (or our firmware version of the thermostat) doesn't actually support a proxy correctly (or a bug). Or it's our network.

I just looked and I am running the latest firmware version of my model of thermostat (13.02). My Bryant connex model number is SYSTBBECC01-A.

Comment

I'm sorry that some people are having trouble connecting via a proxy. I can't think what the problem might be. I have three thermostats and by way of experiment, I have one connecting directly, one via the plugin and the other connecting via TinyProxy running on the same Linux machine as HomeSeer. All three have had solid connections for months.

All three thermostats are Bryants, all running firmware 13.02. I'm on Verizon FIOS but I'm not using Verizon's router, I have my own (a Fortigate). There should be no need to open any inbound ports on the firewall. All the messages from the MyEvolution service are responses to http requests from the thermostat. It is possible that antivirus software is tampering with the messages I suppose. Is there anyway to disable that temporarily on the router?

-David

Comment

Connectivity

Originally posted by drule View Post
                      I'm sorry that some people are having trouble connecting via a proxy. I can't think what the problem might be. I have three thermostats and by way of experiment, I have one connecting directly, one via the plugin and the other connecting via TinyProxy running on the same Linux machine as HomeSeer. All three have had solid connections for months.

-David
                      First, let me THANK YOU for working on this. Access outside of the Carrier app/thermostat has been my one gripe about the Infinity Greenspeed.

I too have the problem with it not connecting through to Carrier and a few weeks ago I had set up a vanilla proxy server and still could not get it to connect. I had the intent at the time I would write my own interface, but shelved the idea. I checked out Infinitude, and although I could get some data from it, it too had the issue where I couldn't use myinfinity if I pointed it to infinitude as the proxy,

Yesterday I stumbled onto this thread and have been re-encouraged

I just ordered a RPI with the intent to dig deeper into why a vanilla proxy won't work. I stumbled onto this thread:

http://cocoontech.com/forums/topic/1...finity/page-24

about 2/3 of the way down rhodges posts that he found an issue with his perl SSL modules causing connectivity issues between Infinitude and Carrier so I plan to jump down that rabbit hole once the RPI gets here to try and get infinitude working.

I checked my hometrollerSEL and it is a good bit behind on openssl (1.0.1f) so this could be where the issue lies for the Linux folks. I'm a bit hesitant in updating as that is the latest version available in the repositories linked to by the hometroller and I'm afraid I may break something else if I update it. If I can prove this is my issue with infinitude on the RPI I may get a bit more brave.

If other folks running linux are a bit more brave at pulling the SSL thread, I'd love to hear what they discover.

Woody

Comment

I think you're on to something. SSL doesn't do well with the Linux version of he Homeseer load. I run into other issues as well (I can not install/update weatherXML through the GUI. I have to manually download the zip and override the the config). I read somewhere that the SSL trusted root certs don't get installed correctly. So, I tried updating them and completely destroyed my install in the process (this was several months ago). I had to rebuild everything from scratch and restore a backup. I clearly did something wrong.

So, do you think it's an SSL issue related to HomeSeer or to the Proxy itself. It must be at least the proxy, because I also tried using a stand alone proxy (also running Linux), taking homeseer out of the picture and it still fails.

I'll try fixing that standalone proxy's SSL stuff (no risk to breaking that). And I'll see what happens.

Comment

SSL

Originally posted by dlover View Post
                          I'll try fixing that standalone proxy's SSL stuff (no risk to breaking that). And I'll see what happens.
                          This is what I plan to do when my RPI comes in (I have another RPI that I had squid running on that I couldn't get the thermostat to proxy through). Rather than break my existing RPI I'm using for other things, i ordered one just for testing this out.

Maybe David could post his version of SSL running on his HomeSeer to allow us to compare notes. Hopefully this isn't a red herring (I'm notorious for finding those

I'm anxious to hear your results!

Woody

Comment

Originally posted by woody1961 View Post
                            This is what I plan to do when my RPI comes in (I have another RPI that I had squid running on that I couldn't get the thermostat to proxy through). Rather than break my existing RPI I'm using for other things, i ordered one just for testing this out.

Maybe David could post his version of SSL running on his HomeSeer to allow us to compare notes. Hopefully this isn't a red herring (I'm notorious for finding those

I'm anxious to hear your results!

Woody
                            I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the plugin doesn't use SSL. All communication between the thermostat and the cloud is in plain text html.

-David

Comment

Not SSL

Originally posted by drule View Post
                              I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the plugin doesn't use SSL. All communication between the thermostat and the cloud is in plain text html.

-David
                              That might even be a little easier to diagnose. I'll play with loading snort on my hometroller and see if I can find any oddness between the cloud and the hometroller.

Though I must say...I'm shocked carrier is allowing non-encrypted communication between my thermostat and their service!

I'm using version V0.0.0.5 - is that the latest?

Again, thank you guys for working this. The fact that David has it working gives me hope...

Woody

Comment

Originally posted by woody1961 View Post
                                That might even be a little easier to diagnose. I'll play with loading snort on my hometroller and see if I can find any oddness between the cloud and the hometroller.
                                Should have said tcpdump vice snort. need more coffee....

Comment

Working...
                                X