This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple event starter question

To be able to use an event trigger that uses (for example)

This device changes and becomes...
    'Floor Room DeviceName' changes and becomes 'ON'

Do I need to do anything special for the Insteon device (DeviceName) referenced above?

For example, do I need to poll it regularly for this event to trigger? Or do I need to create a group from that device as the controller that includes a responder that is HS3?

Otherwise, how do I detect the trigger of the actual physical Insteon switch being manually pressed to ON (or OFF) ?

Hope my question is clear - just struggling to create an event that I can manually trigger from an Insteon switch...

Thanks in advance,

Use the Insteon special triggers. Specifically Transmits an On
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
      Use the Insteon special triggers. Specifically Transmits an On
      Perfect! Thanks for quick pointer. Have other questions, but will start new thread...

Comment

Working...
      X